PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

android/linux for vogue. radio partially functional - only works for data atm . touchscreen reported to work pretty well. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=1#post2084090

incredible. though help is still needed!! please contribute if you can.

extremely useful!: http://www.myhtcphone.com/vogue-cab-installer
Read everything at that page.

note: running/trying android(/linux) does not require you to flash or hard-reset your device. feel free to experiment!!

update: martin/dzo has now written a keyboard!

note: the only way to exit android is to soft reset the device.

update: voice calls now working! and better kb

update: sms send/receive now working!

update: internet working better now, and backlight can now be turned off

update:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiger13 View Post
I created a CAB file for easier installation, maybe to get people not quite as familiar or those who are technically challenged a chance to try out Android. It basically just installs the files for you instead of you having to download and then copy them over manually. It also has a start menu programs shortcut. It's posted at http://www.myhtcphone.com/vogue-cab-installer
Please let me know if you have any problems with it.
update: android 1.0 up! still need a better keyboard, but is pretty well fully functional! sms, data, calls, etc...all working! go dzo/martin!

update: ANDROID OPEN SOURCED TODAY!! new apk's (installable package files) are up and ready for installation! dzo said to be ready with the newly compiled system.img tomorrow! (/today, its real early/late :S) THIS IS IT!!
also, someone has finally stepped up to write a soft kb and is working on it! says that he's not much with graphics though, and needs some help!

update: were to full complete android 1.0!!! with a bunch of working apk's and everything...its been an awesome ride so far and we hope to see a lot more come from it. getting the marketplace online and a lot of custom apps is really what is going to get this thing going. unfortunately we are again at a stalemate for a good sip .
also currently lacking is good sdhc support, as well as a lot of other things lol such as good bt drivers, and gps as well as data with some providers (like sprint ...dang)

update: dzo now has full power collaps working greatly, as well as dial tones in the dialer app. a new dialer skin has also been created to better fit our screen so that it is not so cramped, tho this has yet to be implemented at this stage.

update: now full SD(HC) card support! YESS...and some other minor minor minor improvements (touchscreen, possibly radio functions etc..not really anything though).

update: sorry I have been slacking lately...but to give a crude summary...cupcake branch merged as well as other updates and fixes. This means SIP, good way to toggle on and off the internet connection, full sd support (music and pictures as well). Most applications working well, though calendar still has issues. Pretty well usable now...though in two months or so it will likely be much more so.

update: well cupcake is out the door (that means no more nice google portrait sip), and android 1.1 along w/ dzo's latest fixes is in! details of changes here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=707

How to install and run Android on the Vogue (before you do any of this, BE SURE TO BE UPDATED TO THE LATEST RADIO!! at least 3.42.30):
1. Clear/delete all previous instances/installations of Android.
2. Delete/move any files named either system or data on your card.
3. Download the latest zip package from dzo's site (here: http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/)
4. Unzip package to a folder on your desktop named Android.
5. Copy and paste both the files data and system to the root of your card.
6. Create a folder named Android in the root of your device.
7. Copy and paste all other files from the folder named Android on your desktop to the folder named Android on your device.
8. Turn off GPS.
9. (If you want data to work, start up a data connection before this by starting PIE or something) Navigate to the folder called Android in the root of your device.
10. Run haret.exe (Be sure that on the first attempt you do not have an AndroidApps folder. After one successful boot you can add it.)
11. Click the little "run" button and wait.

Option B for this would be to simply head over to the great site that etiger13 has set up, and download and install his cab and follow the instructions there! Super easy thx etiger.

Troubleshooting:
If you are having problems:
  • Simply try to start all over again (be sure not to have more than one file named system (no matter the extension) and not more than one file named data (no matter the extension) on your card) by clearing/deleting any and all files from any and all previous instances/installations of Android anywhere on your card or on the device.
  • Be sure to try running things once without a folde called AndroidApps on your card. After one successful boot you can add it.
  • Try a different (and preferably smaller) card, sometimes Android struggles with larger (sdhc) cards.
  • Try soft-resetting.
  • Try etiger13's easy cab setup, this can be a very trouble-free way of getting things moving (though you should still be sure to delete everything android previous to trying this just in case).
  • Be sure that when you try to boot, your gps is completely inactive and disabled.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by the_miker View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KcLive View Post
    Ok, maybe I miss the fix for this somewhere, but when I install this and try to run it I get to the boot up screen and then get this:

Failed
    No partition found on SD card
    /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
    [ 3.510000] SND: ch 3 CLOSED --> OPENED
    [ 3.510000] SND: ch 2 CLOSED --> OPENED

and that is where it stops.

Did I miss something somewhere? I have tried this with it both on the SD card and phone, and just on the phone and this seems to be what I get either way.

Thanks
    I had the exact same problem. Use a decent partition utility to check for and repair errors on the card, then format it to FAT32. I used the GParted Live CD to do this. Once it's done, copy the Android files back to your SD card and it should boot now. Good luck!

-Mike
To load your own apps/.apk package installer files:
1. Download a package file (there are some here) and when saving it, be sure the extension is .apk.
2. Creat a folder on your card named "AndroidApps" (yes it must be exactly like that but w/o the quotes).
3. Place any apk files you want in that folder, sometimes calendar provider and one or two other ones are causing it not to boot. So try more out gradually as you go.
4. Just go ahead and start up Android now, that will do it. It will install them by itself on boot.

Google slideme for a bunch more apk files and a very easy way to download and install

If you are having problems installing apk files, be sure to give post #498 a read (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=478).

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwho View Post
I was thinking of making a mortscript to start a data connection and run haret on bootup. Obviously I would give it a 5-10 second wait with a cancel option... There is script I have that is able to start a data connection, and a version of haret that runs right after you open it, so it would work. We'll see if I can do it...

edit: Went ahead and made it. Basically it is a script that when you run it, it asks you if you would like to start android. If you click no, it exits to windows. If you click yes, it starts the internet, and runs haret.exe from the storage card root. Then, it waits 5 seconds for haret to start up, and clicks the screen at x=210, y=75, which is the run button, which causes android to boot... You COULD place it in your windows->startup folder, which would make it easy to load android after windows boots.

If you device is slower at bootup it can be changed to waiting more time...

Use at your own risk, of course. Test it a few times before you place it in your startup folder... (if you were even planning on doing that)
Pretty nice little idea! Check it out, attached at bottom.

Good luck and have fun!

extremely useful!: http://www.myhtcphone.com/vogue-cab-installer
Read everything at that page.
Attached Files
File Type: zip androidloader.zip (313 Bytes, 934 views) Click for barcode!

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244

Last edited by jim2561; 03-03-2009 at 02:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 59 times.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jharp146 is just getting started
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

That's awesome. Can't wait to see how this turns out. I was under the impression that the android mobile project was completely nix'd.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:42 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I dont think its Android its just Vogue Linux.
But hey still Linux is cool. Developers page HERE.

Last edited by Lsme420; 04-04-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor

ive been very much waiting for this. phone isnt working yet, but still very awesome
Old 04-04-2008, 02:14 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Looks like he got Android up and running

Quote:
Update: all ported to 2.6.24 and android boots (no input and phone not working so not much use yet).

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 04-04-2008, 04:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

verry cool, been waiting for this
Old 04-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

im all for it! bring it on! we need an open source os on this platform.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

that' amazing, man we're lucky to have such genius in our communities!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ralphael
Carrier: Telus

AttractiveApe is a n00b

Runs nicely on my Touch...I'm impressed. Once the Touchscreen drivers are released, this would make something great to show the friends
Old 04-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch by HTC.

Sparks is a n00b

Considering the good luck I'm having with Linux on my home PC, I'm sure happy someone is bringing it to my mobile...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue