PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Lurker

josb0513 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2.5mm to 3.5mm audio output!!

Hello, I want to use my HTC Touch and hook it up to Car audio.
So, I have a jack that came with Touch, which is 2.5mm I believe.
Now I need to get 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack to hook it into car aug hole.

But, way I understand from previous links,
it will not work as a stereo?
people complained about it being only played on one side of a speaker.
Is this true? only will work as a mono?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2008, 09:33 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: 2.5mm to 3.5mm audio output!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josb0513 View Post
Hello, I want to use my HTC Touch and hook it up to Car audio.
So, I have a jack that came with Touch, which is 2.5mm I believe.
Now I need to get 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack to hook it into car aug hole.

But, way I understand from previous links,
it will not work as a stereo?
people complained about it being only played on one side of a speaker.
Is this true? only will work as a mono?

Thanks
This works and depends on where ya live they might still be open!

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2603246&cp

Old 03-28-2008, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Razor V9M, 6600, 2x 6800, 6900 (yes I still use my 6600 sometimes)
Carrier: Sprint

mojomahem is becoming a great contributor

I use this

http://www.wirelessground.com/touchcarmount.html

with a jack I got from Helio device when I worked for them awhile back. I know the radio shack convertors will only play on one side if you jam it all the way in if you play with it some you can get it to work in stereo.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

ukcapri is a n00b

I actully use this for listening to music in the car:

http://search.stores.ebay.ca/OtakuPa...839474QQsofpZ0

Or i use this if i want to listen to music, and have people talk to me through a headset not provided by HTC, (or talk through the car stero)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/3-5mm-Earphone-Ad...QQcmdZViewItem

Because forums are arround longer then those urls will be, just look at this guys ebay site..

http://stores.ebay.ca/OtakuPark-Digi...QQsofpZ0QQtZkm
Old 03-29-2008, 10:25 AM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomahem View Post
I know the radio shack convertors will only play on one side if you jam it all the way in if you play with it some you can get it to work in stereo.
You might want to find a new Radioshack to go to then. I verified the functionality of the above listed part this morning in my store. I've had troubles with this on Sprints Rumor (to fix just cut away a little of the black rubber). If you select the wrong adapter you will only get sound out of one ear. With windows mobile phones, you gotta have people who know which one works. Benefit of RadioShack is you should be able to try it before you buy it!

Right Adapter:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2603246&cp

Wrong Adapter:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2062470&cp

And you'll need the headphone splitter that came with your phone...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 03-29-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

ive got plenty of spare mini usb cables, plenty of 3.5mm jacks..
i dont see how we cant have a DIY tutorial on how to build one ourself!

if someones got schematics or knows what wire goes where, i'll build one myself and take pics!
Old 03-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

slickcat is a n00b

I have this adapter and I have gotten it to work in stereo. If you plug this adapter into the phone adapter all the way you get sound out of only one speaker. If you pull the adapter out slightly you will hear sound from both sets of speakers. Hope this helps.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

josb0513 is a n00b

thx alot guys!
I ended up ordering http://cgi.ebay.ca/3-5mm-Earphone-Ad...QQcmdZViewItem.
I just gotta wait for it to get shipped and try it out.

It seems like Jack with 2 strip is mono and 3 strip is stereo just like guitar jacks :P
Old 03-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor

there are two adapters availible from radio shack only one will work. The two contact adapter does not work however the 3 contact adater does . I have used it for a while now and it works for stereo. However there is a problemwith because it is 3 contacts left and right channel and mic when you try to answer a call you have to unplug from usb even with bluetooth hadsfree the device detects mic from adater and and will not allow mic on phone or bluetooth to work. I am agoing to try usb to 3.5mm to see if it works. I have taken apart a oem htc usb to 2.5 adater and I have pinouts I am finishing this weekend. I tried to find one that was the same that came with mogul on internet cannot closes i could find was a usb to enourmous dongul with two usb and 3.5mm jack. I cannot believe that no company could not of just reproduced the stock one a y cable with one usb and 3.5mm jack so I have to make one.

Last edited by j10376; 03-29-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:28 PM
SuperNoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickcat View Post

I have this adapter and I have gotten it to work in stereo. If you plug this adapter into the phone adapter all the way you get sound out of only one speaker. If you pull the adapter out slightly you will hear sound from both sets of speakers. Hope this helps.

Let me see if I remember ANSII art... The adapter has 4 conductors.
........XXX==|=|=|=
Conductor: 1 2 3 4
1 = Ground
2 = Sound (right or left)
3 = Sound (right or left)
4 = microphone
If you pull it partially out, it will make contact with what it needs to be stereo. The RadioShack 274-004 adapter rewires the connectors to line up with regular headphones and does nothing with the microphone connector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j10376 View Post
there are two adapters availible from radio shack only one will work. The two contact adapter does not work however the 3 contact adater does . I have used it for a while now and it works for stereo. However there is a problemwith because it is 3 contacts left and right channel and mic when you try to answer a call you have to unplug from usb even with bluetooth hadsfree the device detects mic from adater and and will not allow mic on phone or bluetooth to work. I am agoing to try usb to 3.5mm to see if it works. I have taken apart a oem htc usb to 2.5 adater and I have pinouts I am finishing this weekend. I tried to find one that was the same that came with mogul on internet cannot closes i could find was a usb to enourmous dongul with two usb and 3.5mm jack. I cannot believe that no company could not of just reproduced the stock one a y cable with one usb and 3.5mm jack so I have to make one.
FOR TORX's Video....

The above diagram is of the EMU plug viewed end-on.
Enhanced Mini USB (EMU) connectors are double sided. One side carry's the USB signal data while the other carries audio signals. The pin config is as follows.
Data
A = GND
B = NC
C = +DATA
D = -DATA
E = +5v
Audio
1 = +Mic
2 = +Right
3 = Switch
4 = Gnd
5 = Gnd
6 = +Left

You can find Enhanced Mini USB connectors on a variety of devices. The above config covers the USB configuration of the HTC Oxygen devices and HTC Meteor devices and probably many more.
Use at your own risk though, play safe!

Forgot where I found it, but I saved it for all. So who wants to build a couple thousand? Cheap!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 03-29-2008 at 09:37 PM. Reason: lining up cut-n-paste text :)
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue