PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04
Re: How To's For Developing Q & A

OMJ,
I found a thread over on XDA where Bepe describes how the version is determined.

It is the {guid}.DSM file in the \SYS\OS directory. You can use his pkgtool to view the OS Version.

like my work: donate a buck

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:13 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
rmactivate.exe

This is assuming that your SYS is virgin and intact.

always helps to ask others.
thanks colonel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
My take on all this ...... I have really never like to port xip or sys . Whenever I do a rom I like to use an "official" or "original" build ..... the only reason I've done any porting here lately was for wm6.1 ... in the past when I was making titan roms I tried getting into all of this and what happened was that when I brought over a xip or sys I also brought over the problems .......

The tutorials I wrote were just the quick way that I found to do this.......... the old way is very .... well sometimes it can be time consuming
Yeah, I figured that would be the only reason.....for an upgraded OS. It sounds like when we do get a new official ROM, that it will still be 6.0. One thing that stuck in my head, is a question you asked in your challenge to chefs...... "If a new official rom was released tonight would you guys be able to clean it out yourself or would you have to wait until someone doe's it for you". Well, your tut on porting should serve much value when the new official is released....Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereknjenny04 View Post
OMJ,
I found a thread over on XDA where Bepe describes how the version is determined.

It is the {guid}.DSM file in the \SYS\OS directory. You can use his pkgtool to view the OS Version.

cool...thanks, I'll try to find it.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Alltel
Carrier: Verizon

plckc is a n00b

First, Thank You all (you who post tutorials, make kitchens, strip ROMs, and the like).
Secondly I was wondering if it's possible to get WM6.1 and put it into a WM6 phone. What I want to do is keep most of my Alltel stuff and just put 6.1 on it. I am a total n00b to all this but so far I have been able to follow all the tutorials and make my own stuff. My biggest things are I want to keep my mms capabilities and keep the mp3 trimmer that comes with Alltel's touch. I was thinking the porting was going to be the answer but now you guys are talking about the XIP and now I'm totally confused. I work for an Alltel Agent and they frown upon the Sprint stuff that comes with most of the ROMs and I have to be able to show customers the basics of the Alltel version of the phone.
I have less than an hour a day to play with this and it really sucks cause I would really love to spend a couple days just figuring this stuff out. I appreciate any guidance as to how to accomplish anything.
Thanks
PC
Old 03-25-2008, 12:22 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by plckc View Post
First, Thank You all (you who post tutorials, make kitchens, strip ROMs, and the like).
Secondly I was wondering if it's possible to get WM6.1 and put it into a WM6 phone. What I want to do is keep most of my Alltel stuff and just put 6.1 on it. I am a total n00b to all this but so far I have been able to follow all the tutorials and make my own stuff. My biggest things are I want to keep my mms capabilities and keep the mp3 trimmer that comes with Alltel's touch. I was thinking the porting was going to be the answer but now you guys are talking about the XIP and now I'm totally confused. I work for an Alltel Agent and they frown upon the Sprint stuff that comes with most of the ROMs and I have to be able to show customers the basics of the Alltel version of the phone.
I have less than an hour a day to play with this and it really sucks cause I would really love to spend a couple days just figuring this stuff out. I appreciate any guidance as to how to accomplish anything.
Thanks
PC
follow the porting sys tutorial then once you get your hands dirty worry about xip
Old 03-25-2008, 12:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Alltel
Carrier: Verizon

plckc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
follow the porting sys tutorial then once you get your hands dirty worry about xip
I have been playing around with the porting. I actually have done all the tutorials. I am in the process now of playing and seeing what happens. I really just want to know am I wasting my time trying to mix ROMs. Or more specifically can I extract just the OS (WM6.1) and just replace the existing OS while leaving the core functionality of the phone. Thanks for your timely response.
PC

Edit: I did it! Thanks everyone, (I feel like I just won an oscar) there are so many people to thank but I definitely want to thank OMJ, No2Chem and CoKeman for they are the ones that I took/used their work. I Ported the sys and than copied over the ROM folder and now I have what looks like a stock Alltel Touch but with WM6.1. I plan on doing some more modifications but I will post what I have tomorrow after work. Thanks Again to all the true Chefs (I hope to be one soon.)

Last edited by plckc; 03-25-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Answered myself
Old 04-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

monsterfly is a n00b

I successfully ported SYS, thanks to tutorial...
Now I am wondering how to port XIP?
Old 04-15-2008, 03:05 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

This might sound rediculous, but what if ...

I didn't want to mix and match between SYS and XIP ...

I only wanted to separate the OEMs out of the default Sprint OEM ROM ... and maybe create OEM folders for each of the components, so that when BuildOS.exe fired up, each of the OEM componenets (dialer, touchflo, biotouch, skins, etc.) were separately selectable via check-boxes ...

I have the Sprint OEM RUU_signed.nbh (OS Only) decomposed into the vogue_kitchen_tools directory structure.

Now I have OEMAPPS with about 350 items and a single *.rgu file with >3200 lines of registry entries.

Is the process as painstaking and manually sifting through the *.rgu file and moving files to their separate application folder, along with a new *.rgu file with the necessary registry entries?
Old 04-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
This might sound rediculous, but what if ...

I didn't want to mix and match between SYS and XIP ...

I only wanted to separate the OEMs out of the default Sprint OEM ROM ... and maybe create OEM folders for each of the components, so that when BuildOS.exe fired up, each of the OEM componenets (dialer, touchflo, biotouch, skins, etc.) were separately selectable via check-boxes ...

I have the Sprint OEM RUU_signed.nbh (OS Only) decomposed into the vogue_kitchen_tools directory structure.

Now I have OEMAPPS with about 350 items and a single *.rgu file with >3200 lines of registry entries.

Is the process as painstaking and manually sifting through the *.rgu file and moving files to their separate application folder, along with a new *.rgu file with the necessary registry entries?
That is exactly what I did on my v17 release.

Commented out the registry entries from components as I moved from OEMAPPS/OEMDRIVERS/OEM_Lang to OEMS and made a new .RGU file in the OEM with the appropriate keys.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:15 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:

Commented out the registry entries from components as I moved from OEMAPPS/OEMDRIVERS/OEM_Lang to OEMS and made a new .RGU file in the OEM with the appropriate keys.
very nice Derek....I'm guessing this is a very time consuming task! but this is exactly what needs to be done for the ppckitchen.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:14 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:

Whoa ... on my way to your thread!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue