PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 06:23 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
User Customization setup

so I'm adding UC to my next version.....UC is pretty slick btw, built a custom .xml that loads most of my settings & all my pop3 accounts. anyways, here is my situation.....

I edited the config.txt file @ \OEM\ExtendedPKG\ as such:

Code:

LOCK:Enabled
LOCK:Disabled
EXEC:\windows\SDAutoRun.exe
Using Sleuths latest version of SDAutoRun.exe, I copied the file to \OEM\OEMAPPS\

I built this SDConfig.txt file & copied to my storage card:

Code:

CAB: \Storage Card\Files\touchpal.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Files\favs.cab
XML: \Storage Card\omjprovisioning.xml
RST: Reset
So what was happening was, the SDAutoRun.exe was not running post flash. If I set "AutoRunFlag" to 0, then manually run SDAutoRun.exe, it would install as it should. Well after playin around & flashing a handful of times, I realized I have an OEM w/ regedits that included setting "AutoRunFlag" to 1.....dumbass, lol. So I set it to 0, and cooked again. Now the customiszation runs, but installs all the Sprint crap. So then I empty the OperatorPKG_PT folder & cook again. Now, when customization runs, I see it run config_operator.txt which trys to run config_PT.txt, which was in the OperatorPKG_PT folder, which is now empty, so it does nothing. So then I edit the config_operator.txt file as such:

Code:

Now the SDAutoRun.exe will run & install my SDConfig.txt, but to me this seems like I had to rig it to do what I want...Why wont SDAutoRun.exe run from config.txt?...those of you that are using UC in your ROMS, how do you have yours setup?
thx

Last edited by OMJ; 03-13-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:25 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: User Customization setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
so I'm adding UC to my next version.....UC is pretty slick btw, built a custom .xml that loads most of my settings & all my pop3 accounts. anyways, here is my situation.....

I edited the config.txt file @ \OEM\ExtendedPKG\ as such:

Code:

Using Sleuths latest version of SDAutoRun.exe, I copied the file to \OEM\OEMAPPS\

I built this SDConfig.txt file & copied to my storage card:

Code:

CAB: \Storage Card\Files\touchpal.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Files\favs.cab
XML: \Storage Card\omjprovisioning.xml
RST: Reset
So what was happening was, the SDAutoRun.exe was not running post flash. If I set "AutoRunFlag" to 0, then manually run SDAutoRun.exe, it would install as it should. Well after playin around & flashing a handful of times, I realized I have an OEM w/ regedits that included setting "AutoRunFlag" to 1.....dumbass, lol. So I set it to 0, and cooked again. Now the customiszation runs, but installs all the Sprint crap. So then I empty the OperatorPKG_PT folder & cook again. Now, when customization runs, I see it run config_operator.txt which trys to run config_PT.txt, which was in the OperatorPKG_PT folder, which is now empty, so it does nothing. So then I edit the config_operator.txt file as such:

Code:

Now the SDAutoRun.exe will run & install my SDConfig.txt, but to me this seems like I had to rig it to do what I want...Why wont SDAutoRun.exe run from config.txt?...those of you that are using UC in your ROMS, how do you have yours setup?
thx
EXEC: \Windows\SDAutoRun.exe
Old 03-14-2008, 09:52 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
yeah, I had tried it w/ & w/o the space, but neither will run.....I tried numerous times this am. It keeps going to config_operator.txt & will install the sprint crap unless I change config_operator.txt:

from....

Code:
CFG: \WINDOWS\config_PT.txt
to....

Code:
this is the only way I can get SDAutoRun.exe to launch. So what happens is, a 1st customize window runs config_operator.txt, then a 2nd customize window runs SDAutoRun.exe......Is it normal to see 2 customize windows?
Old 03-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

I always see 2 windows when using UC rom's.
They both count down the 3 secs, or I can hit OK to start it right away.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:14 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
I always see 2 windows when using UC rom's.
They both count down the 3 secs, or I can hit OK to start it right away.
cool....I wasn't sure as I just starting messin w/ UC. Well I guess the way I have mine setup launching SDAutoRun from the config_operator.txt should be fine, b it just bugs me it wont launch from config.txt.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

with my uc, i've never had to do any of the described above... i left my device config.text as is... and setup my sdconfig.txt with all of the items i wanted installed: EXEC, CPY1,CPY2, XML, HIDE, .... took ALOT of tweaking and retrying, but again i never had to edit my device config.txt...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-14-2008, 12:45 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
with my uc, i've never had to do any of the described above... i left my device config.text as is... and setup my sdconfig.txt with all of the items i wanted installed: EXEC, CPY1,CPY2, XML, HIDE, .... took ALOT of tweaking and retrying, but again i never had to edit my device config.txt...
but are you using UC as a user, a chef or both?

when cooking a ROM, you have to tell it to launch SDAutoRun.exe to execute SDconfig.txt on the users SD card.

abit off topic.....but can anyone tell me why this code is not working in my xml? Am I missing another reg setting?

Code:
<characteristic type="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Start Items" translation="filesystem">
    <parm name="BTaudio.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\BTaudio.lnk"/>
    <parm name="DeviceLock.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\DeviceLock.lnk"/>
    <parm name="Google Maps.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Google Maps.lnk"/>
    <parm name="Internet Sharing.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Sharing.lnk"/>
    <parm name="Java.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Java.lnk"/>
     <parm name="Screen Capture.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Screen Capture.lnk"/>
     <parm name="Total Commander.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Total Commander.lnk"/>
</characteristic>

Last edited by OMJ; 03-14-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
but are you using UC as a user, a chef or both?

when cooking a ROM, you have to tell it to launch SDAutoRun.exe to execute SDconfig.txt on the users SD card.

abit off topic.....but can anyone tell me why this code is not working in my xml? Am I missing another reg setting?

Code:
      <characteristic type="HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Start Items" translation="filesystem">
         <parm name="BTaudio.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\BTaudio.lnk"/>
         <parm name="DeviceLock.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\DeviceLock.lnk"/>
         <parm name="Google Maps.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Google Maps.lnk"/>
         <parm name="Internet Sharing.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Sharing.lnk"/>
         <parm name="Java.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Java.lnk"/>
         <parm name="Screen Capture.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Screen Capture.lnk"/>
         <parm name="Total Commander.lnk" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Total Commander.lnk"/>
      </characteristic>
I strictly a user.... which is making me think it was already pre-set up by the chef (no2chem) which would explain alot....

on first glance i dont see anything wrong with that code... getting that syntax just right is a mother aint it? lol
Old 03-14-2008, 12:56 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
I strictly a user.... which is making me think it was already pre-set up by the chef (no2chem) which would explain alot....

on first glance i dont see anything wrong with that code... getting that syntax just right is a mother aint it? lol
yes, I'm trying to get it setup in the ROM.

yeah, it's not always easy to find what registry setting is being modifed when you enable or disable something.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff

Quote:
yes, I'm trying to get it setup in the ROM.

yeah, it's not always easy to find what registry setting is being modifed when you enable or disable something.
When I get home... I can zip up my UC part and put it on the FTP and supply the info that I put for boot. That should get you by. I haven't had issues with my setup.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue