PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

choogle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
battery draining fast in the last 2 days

Anyone notice a problem in the last 2 days or so, the battery on your Touch has been draining super quick? Today it went from freshly charged to 40% in 6 hours. I don't have email set up on it or anything that would do this. I've made 0 calls since I'm at work too so it's pretty much drained 60% battery sitting there doing NOTHING.

I did set my sprint internet connection to be always on via the Advanced Configuration tool but that was 2 weeks ago. My coworker has a Mogul and he says he is seeing something similar but I may have just put the idea in his head

Can there be anything that Sprint is pushing out to my phone that is causing the battery to be drained?
Old 03-11-2008, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

Louiedoesit is just getting started
Re: battery draining fast in the last 2 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by choogle View Post
Anyone notice a problem in the last 2 days or so, the battery on your Touch has been draining super quick? Today it went from freshly charged to 40% in 6 hours. I don't have email set up on it or anything that would do this. I've made 0 calls since I'm at work too so it's pretty much drained 60% battery sitting there doing NOTHING.

I did set my sprint internet connection to be always on via the Advanced Configuration tool but that was 2 weeks ago. My coworker has a Mogul and he says he is seeing something similar but I may have just put the idea in his head

Can there be anything that Sprint is pushing out to my phone that is causing the battery to be drained?
man thats good if you 40% in 6hrs hehe
my phone is always hooked up .. pc with usb // car charger
Old 03-11-2008, 04:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

I'm on the telus network, and I have been noticing the same thing recently??? I did not post about it as I thought it was something I changed.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

choogle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiedoesit View Post
man thats good if you 40% in 6hrs hehe
my phone is always hooked up .. pc with usb // car charger
really? I can usually go about 2 days before getting to the 30-40% range during weekdays since I only use it lightly. Weekends I will have to charge every night though.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:40 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I take my battery off the charger at around 8:00, and I'm usually at about 50% by 3:00pm. I have had it drain quicker, it depends on how often you poll for e-mail, instant messaging would drain it. But the quickest power drainer I have seen in the internet always on. Check all those settings. I poll for e-mail about every 2 hours, and just run of the mill text and phone calls. I could go all day without charging, but once that battery hits below 40% max, I'm scrounging for a charger.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Telus

AVIKING is a n00b

If you have bluetooth turned on it will kill the battery alot faster. I only turn mine on when I use it then shut it off.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have push set to check for email every hour and i do moderate (10 per day) texting. I will usually start at 100% in the morning (7:30am or so) and go til i get off at about 7:00pm without going beyond 90%.

It goes downhill quick once i get off though cause i lose about 30% per hour that i talk, so i usually need to charge again overnight.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Sprint)

krazichinaman is a n00b

Thats funny you mentioned that. The past few days I have noticed its been dieing faster. Took my phone off at 9:50 today. By 2 PM, the battery was around 58%. This was with about 15 txt and about a 10 minute chat on MSN, checked my email which is set for every 2 hours and a 5 minute phone call.

Last week, the phone would be around 75-80% with this ammount of useage.

I did install the Touchpal 2 days ago along with a program that auto restarts your phone at a certain time. I also installed a stopwatch last night. Wonder if these programs could be doing it?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor

I took mine off the charger about 9:30AM today and Its at 80% with push email enabled and less than an hour of total use (I can only use my phone during breaks and lunches).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue