PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
s2u help for a newb please

first off i wanna say thanks for making and participating in such a great forum. you guys have alot of great input! i just hope someday i can offer some input as well.

okay, here is my problem....i have the touch and i always seem to be accidentally calling people when the touch in my pocket. i accidentally called the gf yesterday, and nearly got in deep trouble with her. i have seen alot of people talk about the slide2unlock or s2u2, but i haven't been able to find it. i've looked thru the enitre vogue forum and i've even used the search tab, but i have been unsuccessful in doing so, when i do use the search to explore for it, it gives posts to iphone or rom upgrades. could someone post a link or show me how to get there i would appreciate so much, and thank you in advance.

another minor problem i've been having is that everytime i talk on the touch, it seems like i am always activating the camera album or the camera. are you guys having the same problem as well? it gets a lil annoying.

Again, thanks for being part of a great site everyone! i've really enjoyed viewing all the great info thats been posted on this site.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

mr_e is just getting started
Re: s2u help for a newb please

This Google search should work

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&q=s2u2+ppc+site%3Axda-developers.com

The latest version is 0.99p. The directions from the developer are spot on in my opinion.

Not sure what is up with your other button; maybe you have fat fingers
Old 03-10-2008, 05:32 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Yeah, the camera button is placed good for taking pictures and lousy for using your phone. I press it all the time almost in tandem with my power button, so when I wake my phone up it starts the camera.

S2U2 thread can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=353008 (I know a Google link was posted, but I thought I'd go the extra mile )

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

mr_e is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
S2U2 thread can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=353008 (I know a Google link was posted, but I thought I'd go the extra mile )
Make me feel lazy why don't cha?!
Old 03-10-2008, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Mr. e and Musicman,

Thank you so much for your help and such quick responses! I'm going to give it a shot.

I really appreciate it guys!
JD
Old 03-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

FYI - I use s2u2 0.99p, and I love it.
I have a folder w/ a bunch of random pics for the screen.
However, I have made accidental phone calls while using it.
s2u2 doesn't "really" lock you phone from input.
It simply prevents talk/end keys from working.

While on the s2u2 screen, you can still activate the cube, and call any favorites or start any programs on your cube.
If the true locking solution is what you need, you may want to check out devicelock.cab
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=305402

It basically activates the built-in, "true" device lock on the phone everytime it wakes up.

(I still prefer s2u2, cuz it's cool)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
FYI - I use s2u2 0.99p, and I love it.
I have a folder w/ a bunch of random pics for the screen.
However, I have made accidental phone calls while using it.
s2u2 doesn't "really" lock you phone from input.
It simply prevents talk/end keys from working.

While on the s2u2 screen, you can still activate the cube, and call any favorites or start any programs on your cube.
If the true locking solution is what you need, you may want to check out devicelock.cab
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=305402

It basically activates the built-in, "true" device lock on the phone everytime it wakes up.

(I still prefer s2u2, cuz it's cool)
so do you think the majority of accidental calls are made from the touch screen or the red and green buttons? thanks for the input
Old 03-10-2008, 06:27 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

If you're comfortable with Registry editing you can disable the Cube from Opening with S2U2 open.

Go to HKLM>Software>HTC>Biotouch>Disable4SpecificApp

Create a New Key called "S2U2" then create a String called "ClassName" with a value of "S2U2".

It worked for me, but don't try opening the cube too many times with S2U2 open as it may crash your phone. It did that to me once, the first time I tried. I tried swiping up five or six times and then hit the power button to put the device back to sleep. When I pressed Power again, the screen came back as a colorful fuzzy mess. Soft reset made everything better, though, and it's been working fine since.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm 700wx

cheapa55 is a n00b

Wow, I didn't even realize that I could use the contacts with s2u2 "locked". I don't think I've called anyone by accident while using s2u2 yet. I'm not sure the extra device lock is needed depending on how you store your touch. But it's good to know. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
so do you think the majority of accidental calls are made from the touch screen or the red and green buttons? thanks for the input
I guess it depends on how you carry your phone. But, I'm sure 99% of the accidental calls have to do w/ the send button and not the touch screen. For most applications, the s2u2 program is just fine. I was just pointing out that it is not 100% accidental call proof.
But, the reg edit seems like a good option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
If you're comfortable with Registry editing you can disable the Cube from Opening with S2U2 open.
Good info, thanks.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue