PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ppc_user101 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Messaging not opening after time update

My device had a notice on the screen this morning saying something about the time being updated for the Daylight Savings. Other than that I can't figure out what's going on. All was well yesterday. But now, my messaging won't open. When you press the shortcut for it or open Programs and select Messaging, nothing happens...and I mean nothing. It's as if you didn't even press the button. Everything else works normally though, calendar, Internet, etc, etc. I can't open ANYTHING in the Messaging section - no Outlook mail, none of the POP accounts I have setup, nothing. It just won't open anything in messaging or even try to. I pulled the battery to reset it too. No luck.

Any ideas?
Old 03-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ppc_user101 is a n00b
Re: Messaging not opening after time update

FYI _ I did connect my Touch to my home PC yesterday for the first time (It's Vista) just for the purpose of moving some mousic to the device. Vista installed some drivers on my home macine once it saw the HTC Touch connceted and my device asked me for the password to unlockk the device. But after that I didn't really do anything. I didn't change any sync settings or anything like that. I decided not to move the music so I unplugged it. I don't know if that had anything to do with this but I thought I would mention it. I did delete and re-add the MS Exchange server profile on my device to see if that would fix it and it didn't. I just can't seem to get the messaging application open at all. Very weird and frustrating.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

hmm, I had a similar problem once, the inbox mst folders on my storage card were corrupted. I just deleted them off the storage card and mail started working again. I am pretty sure you lose your messages doing this though, never really tested it though as I don't save messages on my phone, I leave them on the server for my pc to pick up. maybee first try pulling the sd card out and opening mail see what happens
Old 03-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ppc_user101 is a n00b

Oh, good idea. I do use the storage card for attachments - or at least I think that's how the mail was setup - use the storage card for attachments. Maybe I'll just switch that back to the default and ignore the storage card for that. I already did a hard reset and defaulted everything. It works now, but I have to setup everything again
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue