PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: Bell

dvboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry HELP....Black screen??

For the last week or so my screen out of nowhere just turns black with the backlight on slightly.I tried a soft reset and a hard reset and the screen just stays black?The strange thing is that it can receive phone calls and messages and can sync with activesync?If I attempt to hard reset it for a couple hours fiddling around with it I can actually get it to hard reset and back to normal,but then the next morning back to the black screen to do this fun all over again.I am using the stock bell rom,and because I can use activesync,I re flashed it only to come back to this black screen.Any ideas,really getting frustrating for me!!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Dell
Carrier: Sprint

trehouse is just getting started
Re: HELP....Black screen??

When you hold in the top button (on/off) for a few seconds the light doesn't come back on?

I'm not entirely clear but you are saying that the light doesn't come on until you soft reset? If this is the case I would unselect your today plugins and see if you can isolate the issue.

How about other programs loading with your start up?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by trehouse View Post
When you hold in the top button (on/off) for a few seconds the light doesn't come back on?

This happens to me sometime and holding the power button on top for a few seconds turns the backlight back on. As for it happening on its own. I would try checking today plugins and programs that could make this happen like previously said.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dvboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by trehouse View Post

I'm not entirely clear but you are saying that the light doesn't come on until you soft reset? If this is the case I would unselect your today plugins and see if you can isolate the issue.

How about other programs loading with your start up?
We are having a little communication gap here,the led light functions just like it should,and I believe the rest of the phone functions properly,but the screen itself is black,nothing else but black,but if you look at it in the dark you can see that the black screen has a little backlight to it as opposed to just being off with no power to it.Hope I explained myself correctly
Old 03-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

sounds like your talking about the same thing. When you said that the backlight is on slightly we thought that you could see your today screen its just real dark. Is that true or you cant see anything at all.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dvboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
sounds like your talking about the same thing. When you said that the backlight is on slightly we thought that you could see your today screen its just real dark. Is that true or you cant see anything at all.
Sorry for the confusion...I can't see anything at all.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Csquared is just getting started

Do you have any other programs like PhoneAlarm running. PA has settings to change the backlight in certain profiles.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dvboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csquared View Post
Do you have any other programs like PhoneAlarm running. PA has settings to change the backlight in certain profiles.
No I don't have PA installed.I let the phone sit at home while I was at work turned it on when I got home and it went crazy,half the screen black the other half normal,then it went all over the place then back to being blackNot sure if it is software related,but I took it back to the Bell store and got the guy to look at it and he agreed to give me a new one.Only problem is that they do not have any at the moment,so back to my old phone for now.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Csquared is just getting started

Well at least that should solve the problem.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue