PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 05:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gpracer1 is keeping up the good workgpracer1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not getting texts, cant open texts app or mail

Well I have a strange problem. Had it for a while now.
Sometimes I dont receive text messages. Also if I touch the text messages button, nothing happens. No matter what, texts and the messaging buttons do nothing. If I then try to hit the home button, the button wont even respond. I tried going in through the programs page and neither work there also.

If I pull out my SD card.....BINGO
Then I can open texts and messaging. I can then also receive texts. I have tried 3 different cards, formatted , blah blah. Eventually it will do the same thing after a few days when I realize I have gotten no texts.....which get lost and not stored.

Started messing around with it tonight and I think I found what was causing it.....maybe just an isolated incident?

I have a folder on my storage card called Inbox.mst29907571.3542201984. In that folder is an empty folder called Mail Attachments.
After I was not getting texts tonight, the only thing I did was delete this Inbox folder, and text and messaging worked again.

When I went back to look at the storage card the Inbox folder I deleted was back, but the texts are working for now.
What the hell is that folder and why is it coming back.....I think that is causing my problems.

Update: Just found in messaging, options........."When available, use this storage card to store attachments" <------that was checked, just unchecked it. I have a feeling maybe its related to the corrupt card crap goin on.

Last edited by gpracer1; 03-07-2008 at 05:40 AM. Reason: diving deeper
Old 03-07-2008, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: Not getting texts, cant open texts app or mail

no, it's a glitch that a lot of people on the forum seem to have had. but good thing you didn't decide to do a hard reset before you found out what the problem was!

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue