PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Live Search + GPS location on the touch

I have a sprint touch and when i used the Live Search that comes preloaded with the touch i was able to get my location via internal GPS on the touch.. after i upgraded to the newer version of Live Search (with gas prices) the gps position locater no longer works.

anyone know why?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:08 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Re: Live Search + GPS location on the touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
I have a sprint touch and when i used the Live Search that comes preloaded with the touch i was able to get my location via internal GPS on the touch.. after i upgraded to the newer version of Live Search (with gas prices) the gps position locater no longer works.

anyone know why?
Well you would be the first person in this community to be able to get a location via the internal GPS on the Sprint Touch... because it has not been activated.

It is scheduled to be activated with a ROM update sometime this year.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the touch can get its location for GPS, it can't navigate though.. i was able to get my location with Live Search. When i clicked "get location via gps" on live search my street showed up on the map.. how did that happen then?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

Thats a first for me. haven't been able to do this.
Was your gps icon within LiveSearch red?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i don't remember. but i know for a fact it found my location,. anyone have the pre-installed Live Search to test? again, this ability went away when i uninstalled the standard Live Search and downloaded the newer version from MS.

if anyone does have the Live Search that came with sprint plz test: go to phone settings>connection select GPS port 1 then go in Live Search and set GPS in live search to port 1 then add a location to Live Search by GPS and check if it reports your location. I'm 100% sure this worked with with the original live search installed on the touch.

Last edited by sebo; 03-06-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The stock sprint rom is located in the sticky in the upgrades forum, but i've never had that work, you sure you never added an address and it defaulted there? might have done something based on searches or maybe MSN user settings etc, but as others have said you'd be the first to have had it find location by internal gps.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

are you sure you didnt put in your address as home, then clicked MAP?? LMAO

but seriously, what version was it exactly and do you still have the cab?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

nope it really did show my location via GPS., i'm a software and web development programmer. not your average noob user. i know what happened.. and Live Search located me. i just wasn't aware by upgrading live search i would lose the "locate" ability.

i dont have the original live search cab, that's what im looking for (or someone to test).
Old 03-06-2008, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro2, Pro, Diamond, Touch, Mogul

JCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don’t think that it was working for you I think it was just a coincidence that it came up to you street. How many times did you try it? At how may different locations? Mine seems to work but it gives me a wrong location on the map. If you want to try it again you should be able to do a hard reset on the phone and go back to factory defaults. This should get you the old live search and you will see it does not work.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: Bell

earthdan is just getting started

i just downloaded version 2.0.2739.29907 for my Bell htc touch. Tried the gps by setting to com 0,1,2 and intermediate driver but none of them worked. If you find that cab that you had installed please post!, thanks,
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue