PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pri
Carrier: Sprint

popsracing is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update for Telenav on Touch

Click link

http://ota.telenav.com/ota/tn/sn-htc...-htc-touch.cab
This was for Sprint users
Old 03-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842
Re: Update for Telenav on Touch

Handy, but only with a Bluetooth GPS and $10 a month. Beyond that should be nice.

EDIT: This program does not show up in remove programs. Uninstallation might be a problem.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.

Last edited by wldthng842; 03-05-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

try removing programs with sk tools

Old 03-06-2008, 02:49 AM
Lab Rat

I was mostly pointing it out for others to avoid downloading if the case may be. I will get around to it at some point. There are a lot of apps i need to get rid of. Try them, don't like them, run late to meeting and forget to uninstall. You know, same ol same ol.

Nice sig photo. Very amusing. I should send it to Hesse to see if it could be used in an ad campaign.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:00 AM
VIP Member

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP

yep i know what u mean i have all these old folders in my device/programs folder of old programs that i have unistalled and i would love to delete them manually but i heard it will slow the cache down because of the reg..........as far as the sig im glad u liked it i used to send it to everyone they also got a kick out of it..i doubt Hesse will go through with this for marketing he's super tight with money these days thanks to Nextel as i learned from this article:

Latest financials confirm it: Sprint and Nextel probably shouldn't have merged
Filed under: Sprint, Misc
Well, it looks like the aggressively priced unlimited action really didn't come a moment too soon. We're no economists here, but it doesn't take rocket science, a Ph.D., collegiate level maths, or even a fancy calculator to crunch the cold, hard numbers coming out of Sprint Nextel's fourth quarter earnings call. For starters, the number three carrier in the US reported a net loss of nearly $29.5 billion, which -- get this -- is more than the combined value of its outstanding stock. Let us reiterate for emphasis and drama value: Sprint lost more money in the fourth quarter of 2007 than the company is worth. Wow. If it's any consolation, the staggering figure is largely due to a $29.7 billion write-down of Nextel's value, which as the Wall Street Journal lays out, makes the 2005 merger officially a "Deal From Hell." With postpaid subscribers continuing to migrate to other carriers, there's no telling how to stop the hemorrhaging -- especially if the fresh $99 unlimited plan doesn't end up doing the trick -- but something tells us the move to Kansas isn't going to magically patch it all up.

Last edited by savior02; 03-07-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
yep i know what u mean i have all these old folders in my device/programs folder of old programs that i have unistalled and i would love to delete them manually but i heard it will slow the cache down because of the reg..........as far as the sig im glad u liked it i used to send it to everyone they also got a kick out of it..i doubt Hesse will go through with this for marketing he's super tight with money these days thanks to Nextel as i learned from this article:

Latest financials confirm it: Sprint and Nextel probably shouldn't have merged
Filed under: Sprint, Misc
Well, it looks like the aggressively priced unlimited action really didn't come a moment too soon. We're no economists here, but it doesn't take rocket science, a Ph.D., collegiate level maths, or even a fancy calculator to crunch the cold, hard numbers coming out of Sprint Nextel's fourth quarter earnings call. For starters, the number three carrier in the US reported a net loss of nearly $29.5 billion, which -- get this -- is more than the combined value of its outstanding stock. Let us reiterate for emphasis and drama value: Sprint lost more money in the fourth quarter of 2007 than the company is worth. Wow. If it's any consolation, the staggering figure is largely due to a $29.7 billion write-down of Nextel's value, which as the Wall Street Journal lays out, makes the 2005 merger officially a "Deal From Hell." With postpaid subscribers continuing to migrate to other carriers, there's no telling how to stop the hemorrhaging -- especially if the fresh $99 unlimited plan doesn't end up doing the trick -- but something tells us the move to Kansas isn't going to magically patch it all up.
Did some reading... Looks like either T-Mobile or Google will be buying Sprint. I read that at kcstar.com but I don't know how soon, if ever, this is going to happen. I think that Sprint customers are just going to end up up s**t's creek without a paddle in a few years. Look's like I'll be switching to Verizon or over to T-Mobile and get my hands on a Touch Dual.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:39 AM
Lab Rat

I would doubt T-Mobile would have any interest. They are too cheap to even build a 3G network, let alone buy into a 4G one. DT is a cheap co. They are looking into canada.

Google, rumor was yes, actually no. They were bidding on their own spectrum, probably lost to vzdub. The next step is them trying to set up a JV with sprint, clearwire, intel funding, and maybe Best Buy. Or so the rumor mill turns. Google came out and said it had no interest in purchasing Sprint.

Sprint has also been looked into by venture capitol firms for purchase. the problem is that they are looking to spend billions of dollars in the next year on WiMax. Not something venture capitol firms look for.

Sprint made about 300 million in profit last quarter, which aint bad when you consider they lost 700,000 customers. It is bleak, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Far far away but it is there.

Before switching to T-Mobile make sure you can handle minimal speeds when not in WiFi for a while. (that and evil n*** ownership ) just something to think about.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch/BB7100
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

jhill is a n00b

I can see the light! I like the direction Hesse is taking and the Nashville meeting promises to make our road a hard one, but that is normal. Sprint seems to be focusing on the data side with voice as an afterthought. This should be a good move.
I am eagerly waiting on the SW update for the Rev A and GPS on the Mogul and the Touch! Hopefully WiMax won't release first.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldthng842 View Post
I would doubt T-Mobile would have any interest. They are too cheap to even build a 3G network, let alone buy into a 4G one. DT is a cheap co. They are looking into canada.

Google, rumor was yes, actually no. They were bidding on their own spectrum, probably lost to vzdub. The next step is them trying to set up a JV with sprint, clearwire, intel funding, and maybe Best Buy. Or so the rumor mill turns. Google came out and said it had no interest in purchasing Sprint.

Sprint has also been looked into by venture capitol firms for purchase. the problem is that they are looking to spend billions of dollars in the next year on WiMax. Not something venture capitol firms look for.

Sprint made about 300 million in profit last quarter, which aint bad when you consider they lost 700,000 customers. It is bleak, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Far far away but it is there.

Before switching to T-Mobile make sure you can handle minimal speeds when not in WiFi for a while. (that and evil n*** ownership ) just something to think about.

ohhh damn i was hoping google would buy sprint after reading this article:

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/rich-teh...ng-sprint.html
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue