PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Atrix 4G
Carrier: At&t

flashbox is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Known Verizon Issue with cracked outer casing

So my brother called me very upset two days ago saying that his phone had a crack in the casing by the volume slider. He takes very good care of his phone so he did not understand why. The weird thing was that i did a worry free exchange about a week ago on my touch because it crashed, and the day I did the exchange i noticed a crack in the same place my brother has on his now.

So I called my business rep at Verizon and he did some research and sure enough it is a known issue, and my brother is getting a new one. If you have a crack on your phone then you can call and you should be able to get a replacement free of charge.

I have attached the two pictures that he sent me. These are from Verizon.

Anyway hopes this helps!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Verizon Cracked 2.jpg (6.4 KB, 2386 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Verizon Cracked.jpg (6.5 KB, 1940 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Verizon

royals21 is a n00b
Re: Known Verizon Issue with cracked outer casing

Thanks for the heads up. Mine is less than a week old and I noticed a crack in the same place this morning. Did the rep happen to mention if they fixed the issue in the replacements, or are they going to crack as well? I just finished rom flashing to get the GPS to work and would hate to do it all over again to end up with another cracked case.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mmohn01 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mmohn01

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals21 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Mine is less than a week old and I noticed a crack in the same place this morning. Did the rep happen to mention if they fixed the issue in the replacements, or are they going to crack as well? I just finished rom flashing to get the GPS to work and would hate to do it all over again to end up with another cracked case.
I have had mine for about 2 weeks now with no cracking. I purchased an invisible shield from Shieldzone, and put it on the phone as soon as I bought it. Maybe that is why mine hasn't cracked.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes, it is very well known that the White Touch cases crack in two places.
Check out the HowardForums' Bell Mobility "Limited Edition White" unit on the subject, well before there was a Verizon version..

-CC

EDIT: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1339304

Last edited by clockcycle; 05-23-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Add URL and photos
Old 05-23-2008, 02:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS AND SPRINT

fearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
I just noticed your photos of 2 days ago, are the same EXACT ones as the ones posted on howardforums (notice the paint chipped) since 03/07/08..

What's your game here?

-CC
he said they were sent to him lol he did not say these are the cracks on my phone and here is the pics
Old 05-23-2008, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

vaxick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vaxick Send a message via Yahoo to vaxick

Youch, I bought my Verizon Touch new from somebody else. I really hope this does not happen to me or else I'm gonna have to try big time to see if I can replace it at all. I could try calling UTStarcom too.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:33 AM
N00b

darnoc is a n00b

Quote:
hi royals...let me know how and what you use to reflash back to the original verizon rom, when you turn yours back in. I too have the same crack. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Stickied this for now...until the problem is resolved.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
he said they were sent to him lol he did not say these are the cracks on my phone and here is the pics

yeah lol I saw that but the server was busy when I tried to edit/delete and didn't let me..

Oh well,

-CC

EDIT: This issue was discussed in a previous thread prior to the Verizon Touch's release. I had even talked with Verizon Sales and Tech to see if Verizon was aware and had addressed this before releasing their unit, they were not aware of the defect in "White Plastic" devices, this is common on Ipods and iBooks as well.

Last edited by clockcycle; 05-23-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Atrix 4G
Threadstarter

flashbox is just getting started

Quote:
He did not mention if they had fixed the issue, but I do not think they have. Sorry man! I would also be upset if I got my GPS to work then got a replacement.

You know you could just wait until Verizon does their update then get rid of it. If you can wait that long lol!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue