PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2007, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

avhokie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It finally happened

I've had my Touch for about a month. Before that, I had a PPC-6700 which was a disaster of a phone. I was skeptical of the Touch before I bought it, but over the past month, it's been a complete pleasure. But in the back of my mind, I was still worried that something would eventually pop out and dampen my enthusiasm. Well, it finally happened over the past 2 or 3 days. After finally getting the phone as customized as I wanted, the last change I made was removing Zumobi (which was garbage). That was about a week ago. For no apparent reason, over the last 2 or 3 days, my phone has just been slow, bogged down, unresponsive. I have plenty of free storage and program memory. But everything seems to take forever to load (in comparison to a week ago). Not only that, my battery is draining at a crazy rate. For example, today I was in Wisconsin in an area with weak-to-no signal. At 11:00am, my battery was at 70% (lower than I thought it should be). At 11:25am, it was at 30%. I had done nothing in those 25 minutes (no calls, no music, no web, nothing!). At the airport, I got the battery back to 100%. That was 4 hours ago. I had no calls in that time and spent 2 hours in the air (in airplane mode). Other than that, I checked NFL scores a couple of times. I'm now at 40% battery. BTW, I have no programs running consistently except for PocketCM.

Anyway, looks like it's time for a hard reset and then a bunch of effort to get everything customized back to where my phone was a week ago

Sorry for the rant, just disappointed after my hopes were raised.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
That's WM6 for you. Hard resets are a way of life.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippity.hoppity View Post
That's WM6 for you. Hard resets are a way of life.
Yet another useless comment from our in house WM troll.

Funny hippity WM6 runs great for me, I guess you just have to be smarter than your phone

Most likely has nothing to do with WM6, but what you installed and uninstalled obviously, and registry changes it did and extra files that may have been deleted or some even left behind.

Well AV at least you have a good idea of how you want everything, and can have a fresh start like that.

I always do a Hard reset once I get a device the way I want, then reinstall Everything.
It seems to run so much better, I would assume from not having a bunch of fragmented files and extra clutter.

Then make a backup of it too just like that before doing anything else on it, I have a couple different nice backups.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor
i actually prefer to get everything just how i want it, then do a hard reset and install exactly what i want exactly how i want it
Old 12-23-2007, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

MrOuija36 is a n00b
thats not a bad idea at all .. matter fact .. bout to save my files now and hard reset..
Old 12-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Same thing i do... install a million apps, test what works, look for conflicts... get it set in my head how i want it... then hard reset and make it as clean as possible...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybrf View Post
i actually prefer to get everything just how i want it, then do a hard reset and install exactly what i want exactly how i want it
Old 12-24-2007, 03:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP
happened to me too...well kinda sortha... mine would slow down to a crawl whenever i tried to view my history on pie..weird!! i know..the only way i got get it back up to speed without doing a hard reset was to delete my history!
Old 12-24-2007, 04:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
The only thing that lags for me is closing apps...
anyone have this issue? takes a few sec to close an app, a few sec more than usual...
I mean damn, i run alot of apps, but closing apps is so slow on this phone sometimes...
I do use wktask, if that matters...
Old 12-24-2007, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started
yeah mine been running sluggish lately... I might do the hard reset thing soon.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

rycelover is just getting started
after you guys do the hard resest, get yourself a backup program like spb or sprite and backup your touch. this way, if it ever gets slugglish again, hard reset and restore from your backup file and you're golden!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue