PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2007, 07:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dubroz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question how fast are you typing?

I'm interested in getting a Touch from Mogul. As a test, I've beein trying out PCM Keyboard, TouchPal, and Touch Keyboard for the last two days on my Mogul trying to convince myself that I can make due without hard keys. so far, texting and emails are just too painful.

Is this a fair test or are the screen sensitivities different somehow?

Also, very curious, how fast and accurate can people out there type on the Touch?

*** btw, not looking to start another long Touch versus Mogul debate, just answer the questions ... THANKS ***
Old 12-23-2007, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
am am typing almost just as fast as i did with the mogul. i use the 20 key keypad. the only thing is sometimes i get "are" instead of "see" same keys. sometimes i get "get" and "hey" mixed up as well. i just end up proof reading it first to play it safe. i would say i get close to 90 words per minute.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

MrOuija36 is a n00b
I use touchpal and I type faster then I did with my treo and even sidekick back in the day
Old 12-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Yea... Mos Def there, Touch Pal Is keyboard god...
Im pushing 32WPM and with my mogul keyboard it was 38-40...
Make the switch, you will not regret it, AT ALL...
Old 12-24-2007, 02:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279
I'm using the PCM Keyboard with the iPhone skin and I've gotten pretty good with it. I also have long nails so it helps out a lot.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:09 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
i prefer the full screen keyboard myself. i type pretty fast with it and it has pretty good prediction technology. to each his own though i guess :-p
Old 12-24-2007, 06:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
That keyboard is annoying cause you can hardly see what your typing, and if your adding to text already there, you cant see it, unless you select some of it first... and it has to rotate the screen and such...
Touch pal rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
i prefer the full screen keyboard myself. i type pretty fast with it and it has pretty good prediction technology. to each his own though i guess :-p
Old 12-24-2007, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

Mafamaticks is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubroz View Post
I'm interested in getting a Touch from Mogul. As a test, I've beein trying out PCM Keyboard, TouchPal, and Touch Keyboard for the last two days on my Mogul trying to convince myself that I can make due without hard keys. so far, texting and emails are just too painful.

Is this a fair test or are the screen sensitivities different somehow?

Also, very curious, how fast and accurate can people out there type on the Touch?

*** btw, not looking to start another long Touch versus Mogul debate, just answer the questions ... THANKS ***
Dunno about screen sensitivity but since the touch is completely flat whereas the mogul has the bezel around the edges, you may have a different experience on the touch. Also keep in mind that touchpal 2.0 comes out 12/28. You may wanna wait and test with that.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

rycelover is just getting started
looking at the cootek forums http://www.cootek.com/forum/, seems like they're fixing a couple of bugs and adding enhancements to an already great program!
Old 12-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Minarets is a n00b
i cant tell by watching a demo on youtube or by looking at the screen shot on what makes touchpal so good. it appears to act like the iphone keypad in a way, by having the letter you are trying to press sort of pop-up to show you are selecting what you want, but it also appears that every "button" has 3 different possibilites--2 letters and 1 number? looks like it would be slow to me.

the full screen look to be the easiest for imput, but like someone said, you cant see where you are typing....so say you were trying to login in to ppcgeeks.com, you cant see the different fields for entry. so you select the "login" and you type then you have to drop the keypad and select the password field and then bring up the sbc keypad again and enter then drop it down.....is that not how it works?

honestly, the 20 keypad that comes loaded with XT9 was the best i used when i played with the touch in store--now that said, i didnt use these others yet, but just by theorizing, or observing....

my only complaint with the 20 XT9 is the small spacebar, but it seems to do a pretty good job of predicting the correct words.

i really liked the graffiti style i tried as i have not ever owned a ppc device before...and the block style. the block style worked really well, but entering every letter seemed a bit time consuming. the handwritten portion seemed to work well at time, but other times the words came out no where near what i had written....

just some thoughts
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue