PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo
Carrier: Sprint

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock SMS app

I have 2 annoyances with the stock SMS app, maybe somebody has already found a work around:

1. Why is it so damn hard to bring up the contacts when writing a SMS. I have to try 3-4 time to his the area around "To:" to bring them up? Is there a better way?

2. Why isn't the scrollable alphabetical list and large letter available like it is when you open the regular contact app?

Besides that I love my Touch...
Old 12-22-2007, 08:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
i dont try to hit the "to". what i do is type the first two letters, which then brings up one contact with those letters. at this time i start scroling with the dpad and see the names change.

works for me.

or just start with the contact list. then choose your person and select "sms".
Old 12-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Your first suggestions doesn't work for me, it doesn't bring up any contacts... strange.

I guess I have to use the contact app to initiate the SMS, kind of forgot about that.

Thanks for the tip. I wonder why mine doesn't bring up any contacts... I do have the suggestions turned off on the keyboard (PCM)
Old 12-22-2007, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
i dont try to hit the "to". what i do is type the first two letters, which then brings up one contact with those letters. at this time i start scroling with the dpad and see the names change.

works for me.

or just start with the contact list. then choose your person and select "sms".
So that I have use of more text space, I always start with "new" sms; then afterwards, go back to the top and enter the first 2 letters of my contacts name. Works like a charm.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLex View Post
So that I have use of more text space, I always start with "new" sms; then afterwards, go back to the top and enter the first 2 letters of my contacts name. Works like a charm.
Which keyboard do you use? Something broke that feature for me...
Old 12-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
Which keyboard do you use? Something broke that feature for me...
Stock keyboard works well for me. I've tried others, but find that I often switch back to stock.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Quote:
Your first suggestions doesn't work for me, it doesn't bring up any contacts... strange.

I guess I have to use the contact app to initiate the SMS, kind of forgot about that.

Thanks for the tip. I wonder why mine doesn't bring up any contacts... I do have the suggestions turned off on the keyboard (PCM)
hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLex View Post
that's what i was talking about.

when you select "new" to start a new message, the next screen will have the cursor on the "to" line. this is where as soon as you type the first letter the "contact" thing shows up. it only shows one contact, but if you then hit the dpad you can start to scroll donw to the other contacts. i always type two letters first. just to fine tune the contact search part.

maybe uninstall the funcky keyboard app and see if it works. works everytime for me altho i only use the stock 20 key keyboard.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I just switched over to the touch keyboard and now see what you guys are talking about, it's part of the keyboard.. I just can't get used to that keyboard...
Old 12-22-2007, 11:16 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I just switched over to the touch keyboard and now see what you guys are talking about, it's part of the keyboard.. I just can't get used to that keyboard...
well then get use to starting in the contacts app to start new sms messages. lol.

i have tried all the keyboards out there. they all take a little getting use to. i just like to keep my phone a phone. the less extra crap the better it runs. i just got use to the keyboard. to each his own though.

good luck, cody
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue