PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 08:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

agentmikeyd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BBerry Charger?

Hello,

I have USB/AC Chargers for my Bberry 8700c - wondering if I can also use these for my Touch without damaging the battery or device?

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
believe you me, if it works on a blackberry, it should work on such things as pocket PCs, just as long as they have an ExtUSB port. nothing should go wrong with it at all, that's the beauty of it.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 12-17-2007, 09:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6600, PPC6700, PPC6800, Touch

8675309 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
believe you me, if it works on a blackberry, it should work on such things as pocket PCs, just as long as they have an ExtUSB port. nothing should go wrong with it at all, that's the beauty of it.
While that is theoretically true, I have a MiniUSB charger for my car that causes all kinds of havoc on the 6800, to the point of causing the phone not to work until the battery is removed and replaced.

I haven't tried it on my Touch because I like the phone and don't want to risk screwing it up. I know the wall charger for the 6700-Touch is 5V 1A, and most car chargers are between 400 and 750 mA. I know that shouldn't matter, but it seems to. I would check the mA rating on the charger before I proceed.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

brodee is a n00b
I have a BB6800c and use the charger on both my mogul and my touch without issues. The only time I've seen a problem with a mini usb charger is with my wife's old Q. It wouldn't charge with anything but the charger that came with it.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
that's motorola for ya... you see, for example, as you said before, if the Q charges with nothing else but what it came with, then it's exactly like the RAZR in a way...
Old 12-17-2007, 11:10 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I use my old BB charger from my 7100i an 7520 and have had no problems but a friend of mine was using his bb charger and left it on for a long time his 6700 got hot and shut off and now it will not recognize his bb charger.As for my 6800 Like I said I use my old BB charger and also I use a Moto v3 charger and they work fine for me I just make shure to take them off when the light turns green and they are fully charged.My wife also uses the same chargers as I do on her 6700.

Last edited by Lsme420; 12-17-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:30 AM
N00b

fiya is a n00b
I haven't had any problems with an oem bb charger on my touch or mogul, so far...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue