PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 09:35 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue users left....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
It's kind of sad seeing the Vogue slowly fade away like this. It was my introduction to HTC phones and WM and I learned a lot from doing the system mods and taskbars on it...

same here but the phone is well outdated now, it's time for people to move on. especially considering winmo is dead. i guess if you wanted to run a cheap android phone the vogue would be ok but to me it's just not worth it. i last had this phone in 2008.

btw i remember your mods back in the day, good times back then man! don't you dev on android at all?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Verizon

Brick Maker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I still love my Touch, even after all these years. It's nice to have a phone I can dink around with. It's been around so long there's a ton of info and hacks and brews. Love it!

Now... if I could just get it to work again... LOL! (SO desperately don't want to have to buy a new phone that I'll be afraid of bricking.)
Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

aikidoka is just getting started

I'm still using mine on a daily basis. I'm thinking of refurbishing with a new case and new battery. The original battery is on its last leg. With a bluetooth stero headset, Opera Mini standalone and other software it meets my needs.

I sometimes consider upgrading to something but heck, I still use XP at home, so I'm in no rush. haha
Old 07-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC? Mogul

bibbin is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bibbin Send a message via Skype™ to bibbin

The Vogue is a versatile die-hard device and I'm still rockin' it.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VOGUE 6.5.3
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

wooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to wooptiewoous

WOOPTIEWOO is still on his vogue as well full time and not moving on yet and still my internet speeds beat the driod.thou we dont have the dragon speed on the UI mine snaps close to any.....lol cant believe it thou VOGUE SIMPLY LEFT BEHIND But still the 1st HTC no to die like Apple IIE

MY VOGUE WILL ONLY SURRENDER TO THE SNAPDRAGON
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT

jimt29 is keeping up the good workjimt29 is keeping up the good work

I'm back using the HTC Touch (Sprint). I sold the HTC Touch Pro 2 last week and I'm not looking back.

I like the size of the HTC Touch. Wish it was a bit more up to date but I just use the phone as a phone. Plus I have 2 of them. One is new in the box. I only took it out to test and make sure it would activate. I upgraded one of them to 6.5 and it appeared to be perfect but it wouldn't activate through Sprint so I had to go back to 6.1 and it activated no problem. I think for the HTC Touch, Windows Mobile 6.1 might be the better solution. What do you folks think?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:17 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooptiewoous View Post
WOOPTIEWOO is still on his vogue as well full time and not moving on yet and still my internet speeds beat the driod.thou we dont have the dragon speed on the UI mine snaps close to any.....lol cant believe it thou VOGUE SIMPLY LEFT BEHIND But still the 1st HTC no to die like Apple IIE

your one of very few then,your missing out man. people need to move on.at least run android on it.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
...at least run android on it...
Tried that. Very slick, quick, and full of eye candy, but... (1) AnFTP comes nowhere close to Total Commander for file transfers between mobile device and Web server. (2) Docs to Go is way glitchy, can't compare to Excel Mobile. (3) No player I tried on Android gives me the skinning ability and gapless playback (i.e. no dead air between tracks) of Pocket Player for my 32 GB card full of MP3s. Thunderbolt works for fixxxer, not for MrG. Different strokes for different folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt29 View Post
...I like the size...
Me too! Nice & small, lite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt29 View Post
...Windows Mobile 6.1 might be the better solution...
Agreed! Wm6.5 is a RAM hog, 6.5.x has bungled spacing for top and bottom bars, especially tap and hold pop up menus, and Excel in 6.5 isn't as good. I've gotten my best results using the last build of 6.1, info here:

SYS base 21057 ALL Res. 6.1....wait, WHAT? - Page 3 - PPCKitchen
Old 08-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Evo
Carrier: sprint

mababer2 is a n00b

lol i just pulled mine out the other day...i charged it fired it up and the only thing wrong with it is it needs a new housing face plate thingy...other then that..i kinda miss that phone
Old 08-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

I'm currently debating buying another Vogue off of Ebay. The price has come down a bit from a year ago. This would be about more fourth one. I'm kind of rough on them. Or maybe I'll "upgrade" to a Diamond or an Imagio. The Imagio looks pretty slick but it also looks like a brick. I had hoped by now a Windows 7 phone would be out that has the form factor of the Vogue... but not yet I guess. Seems like that with every phone I look at, I would be giving up something I have now with the Vogue. The only things to be gained seem to be speed and screen resolution. Those would be nice things to have but so many other things are deal breakers for me.

I was excited about the Trophy until I saw the shitty camera and the missing MicroSD.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue