PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2007, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Poor Internet on Touch

This problem has really started to bother me on my Touch. I will notice that my EVDO connection will show 4 or five bars. However when I try to access the internet nothing happens as if I dont have a signal. The browser will go from "locating" to "opening" and stays suspended on "opening" with a blank screen. I noticed this within the first few days of purchase but thought nothing of it. I tried to acess google maps yesterday while sitting in a well known EVDO area. I had 4 or 5 bars but was unable to access the web. I am able to make phone calls but yet the phone never attempts to acess the web through the normal 1x connection which i assume is the backup when EVDO is absent.
Needless to sayI had to do without my directions. Sometimes at work I would experience this problem at my desk and it would dissapper an hr later. Its like hit or miss sometimes with the web, very unreliable. Do I have a faulty Touch or has EVDO been sporadic lately, Funny thing is I never experienced this much, maybe never with the Mogul. This has become very concerning especially with the touch's lack of wifi. The touch is an otherwise pretty good phone but this would be a deal breaker. I notice I haven't seen any similar complaints. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:07 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Parapraphs.

Sometimes I too have that problem, but a shutdown of Pocket IE (not a minimize), then starting it back up will solve the issue. If all else fails, soft reset FTW.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 12-15-2007, 11:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
PIE is probably your problem not the internet.

Try Opera Mini. A pain to setup but so much better.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
PIE is probably your problem not the internet.

Try Opera Mini. A pain to setup but so much better.
Opera Mini does it sometimes too. I had this happen once with Opera Mini but has been perfect otherwise. It really works better than PIE and I'd suggest trying it with jbed because the fullscreen mode is awesome.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
Parapraphs.

Sometimes I too have that problem, but a shutdown of Pocket IE (not a minimize), then starting it back up will solve the issue. If all else fails, soft reset FTW.
I have tried resetting to no avail. This not only happens with PIE, but with anythjing requiring an intenet connection. For instance I would try to send a message through IM and it would say to check my data connection.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

drobins9 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by linzgeneral View Post
I have tried resetting to no avail. This not only happens with PIE, but with anythjing requiring an intenet connection. For instance I would try to send a message through IM and it would say to check my data connection.

This has been happening to me a fair amount also. After a while or when I am in another area (not sure which), it starts working again. Rebooting does no good.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:14 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Here is something you can check, this happens if you try to use Internet sharing without an Internet sharing plan, go to start/settings/connections/connection/manage existing connections. Here is what I have:

See the phone as a modem, if you don't have an Internet sharing plan you don't need that, so delete it if it is there. If that's not the problem you could try client-Initiated IOTA, next time it wont connect go to start/settings/personal/phone/Internet and click on the start button and see if this fixes it. Last thing I would try is delete the Sprint PCS from connection settings and re make it, this would at least insure that your sign on is correct. If none of this works I would call Sprint and get at least a level 2 tech to troubleshoot the network connection on your Touch. Sprint techs should be able to tell you if your Touch is defective. Hope this helps, good luck,

Dave~
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

utexascg is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by linzgeneral View Post
The following will most likely fix your problems but you'll be forced to hard reset and lose all of your customizations:

Use at your own risk.

1. Obtain your Unlock code so you can use EPST. If you don't know what this is, do a search for GetSPC.

2. dial ##778#. Select "View". In the bottom left corner your soft key will read "View Info". Tap this and then select "NAM Settings".

Write down the following info:

Mobile Directory Number
MIN1
Min2
MSID
True MIN1
True MIN2

3. Click the "Cancel" right soft key.

4. Dial ##786#. In the bottom right corner tap the "Menu" soft key. You will be given two options: Cancel or Reset. Select "Reset". (A message will pop-up stating "resetting your device to factory defaults. ALL data will be lost). Click "OK". Now enter your UNLOCK Code and click ok.

5. Now your phone will reboot. Not only will it be a hard reset, it will clear all the programming from your phone. Your phone will be set like it was before it was ever programmed with your phone number of anything else.

6. After your phone has completely restarted, dial ##778#. This time click "Edit". Enter your unlock code again. Then select NAM Settings and enter all of the information we wrote down earlier. Click the bottom right soft key. Save and reset.

7. Once your phone resets one more time, complete a client initiated IOTA. Soft reset one final time.

8. Everything should be working
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue