PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2007, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT

jimt29 is keeping up the good workjimt29 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got it FREE - Sending it back - Going Back to Palm

Got my 3rd Touch this week. Have not/can not sync using ActiveSync 4.5 and Outlook 2007(trial version).

Tried everything known to man. Unloaded Norton, Windows firewall, and Sygate firewall.

Uninstalled and reinstalled many, many times. Tried many suggestions. I get that 85010014 error and no syncing. I have moved files from my hard drive to the Touch and they played on the mobil player fine but no contacts or appointments will sync.

One thing I am aware of and can't remedy. I had Outlook97 installed when I installed Outlook 2007. I uninstalled Outlook2007 then Outlook97 then reinstalled Outlook 2007 but I fear the damage was done and I don't have the expertise to hack my registry.

I have spoken with Sprint advanced technicians: Herman, Grace, John, Eric, Tina, Terri, Venus, Luke, johnathan, John, Lisa, Anette, Jolannda, Jay, Josh, Paul, William and other that I didn't bother to get their names. Last Friday I was on the phone with Herman from a little after 9:00pm till past 3:00am Saturday morning. This after spending a couple of hours earlier with a different tech. Nothing worked.

The best/worst part: I'M SENDING IT BACK AND I GOT IT FOR FREE!

My little old Samsung I500 Palm just works. I press the button and it syncs my contacts and appoints just fine.

So good by Touch and hello again Palm.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 -Diamond-
Carrier: Sprint

storino03 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to storino03
Okay, have fun with the old-dated Palm.

--James
Old 12-15-2007, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Desire (Telstra) / at&t Nexus One
Carrier: at&t

cortez is becoming a great contributor
it's unfortunate you had trouble with ActiveSync, the Touch and Outlook 2007; believe me i've had my share of "sync" issues with Windows Mobile devices and ActiveSync over the past few years. call me lucky or experienced, but i have always been able to resolve the sync problems. right now, i'm using Vista Home Premium, Windows Mobile Device Center, Outlook 2007, the Sprint Touch, the HTC Kaiser and the HTC Trinity and they all sync everytime i connect them to my vista laptop (hopefully i didn't just curse myself!). i also sync the Sprint Touch and Kaiser with my corporate WinXP laptop, again without any issues.

i'm curious to know what operating system you're using? also, did you have an opportunity to try syncing with Outlook 2003? and finally, did you have a chance to try syncing your Sprint Touch on another PC? if you haven't already shipped the device back to sprint, consider reviewing your steps to make things work and re-read any searched sites and then give it a go one or two times on Sunday to see if you can get it to work. if not, then by all means, go with what works for you...

good luck!
Old 12-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
Okay, have fun with the old-dated Palm.

--James
Why don't you try keeping that crap to yourself?

PalmOS is a lot better than WM6 in many ways and you'd have to be a fool not to see that. There's a reason why there's more than one cellphone being sold in the world.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

jimt29 is keeping up the good workjimt29 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez View Post
it's unfortunate you had trouble with ActiveSync, the Touch and Outlook 2007; believe me i've had my share of "sync" issues with Windows Mobile devices and ActiveSync over the past few years. call me lucky or experienced, but i have always been able to resolve the sync problems. right now, i'm using Vista Home Premium, Windows Mobile Device Center, Outlook 2007, the Sprint Touch, the HTC Kaiser and the HTC Trinity and they all sync everytime i connect them to my vista laptop (hopefully i didn't just curse myself!). i also sync the Sprint Touch and Kaiser with my corporate WinXP laptop, again without any issues.

i'm curious to know what operating system you're using? also, did you have an opportunity to try syncing with Outlook 2003? and finally, did you have a chance to try syncing your Sprint Touch on another PC? if you haven't already shipped the device back to sprint, consider reviewing your steps to make things work and re-read any searched sites and then give it a go one or two times on Sunday to see if you can get it to work. if not, then by all means, go with what works for you...

good luck!
Operating system is Windows XP SP2. I have 3 desktop computers and 1 laptop running XP SP2 and the laptop, and 2 of the desktops can connect to the internet. For whatever reason when I tried to install Outlook 2007 on any other computer, after the install, I was directed to activate on line even though I had the activation code already typed in. When I continued the always got a "connection failure" So with 4 working computers I could only install Outlook2007 on one of them. I don't have a copy of Outlook 2003 to try.

I think the Touch is a great phone but if I can't sync appointments and contacts it just isn't for me.

I also have tried many suggestions from various sites but always ended up the same.

I think its the Outlook97/Outlook2007 problem that can't be fixed without a registry hack.

I can't restore back to before I installed Outlook 2007 for the first time either, no restore points that far back.

This is not a case of I want to switch back but I need a phone that has my appointments and contacts updated as needed.

Thanks for the kind reply, by the way.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started
man... all these Touch problems I read about on here is too oblivious to I.

lucky me.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:22 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippity.hoppity View Post
Why don't you try keeping that crap to yourself?

PalmOS is a lot better than WM6 in many ways and you'd have to be a fool not to see that. There's a reason why there's more than one cellphone being sold in the world.
Oh yeah?

I agree with him. Have fun with crappy PalmOS.

I will say though that I've had many problems syncing any device with Outlook 2007 and AS 4.5. It magically works now but I went through lots of fighting to get it to work. Can't quite remember what I did. Let's hope my computer doesn't ever crash on me lol.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
I had the same problem with mine tytn. I did a Microsoft update and all was well. I tried for a couple of days. The update were downloaded to my computer with Microsoft auto update. I just decided to install them. After that AS started working on its own.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
WHY CANT ANYONE JUST USE MAIL2WEB!!! ITS FREE AND SYNC'S ALL DAY AND ITS PUSH....

unless there is some weird crap i dunno that you can do with activesync...

i hate outlook btw...

How were you on the phone will someone till 3am? in my part of the us (easter time) the tech support is closed at 1 am... unless im mistaken?

and what sorta tech would sit on the phone with you for 6 hrs?
Old 12-15-2007, 05:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
If you are running AS4.5 then try this next

1. Backup the Outlook data file (export to a personal folder file).
2. Completely remove Outlook from the machine. Do this from the control panel, add/remove programs rather than the office disk.
3. From the original office disk, re-install Outlook.
4. Go to Settings, Control Panel, Mail, Show Profiles, delete your old profile and create a new one.
5. Start Outlook and import the file you originally exported in step 1.
6. Start ActiveSync on the PC and select File, Delete Mobile Device.
7. Connect to your mobile device ande create a new partnership - Voila ! Problem solved !

If your not running 4.5 yet, update it first.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue