PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerhal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HHC Home Customizer Problem

The HHC Home Customizer (HHCv10b5) will not allow me to change my display of the HTC Home plugin. I get the following message:

"The program assumes you have an English version of the HTC Home Plugin with no modifications.

If you have, you will have to change some settings to get everything to display properly or you may optionally re-install your plugin."

After I hit OK, the program opens. But any of the changes I make to background, clock, icons or weather do not work. I hit the save button and have tried soft resets.

I have the 6-sided cube installed. Would this effect it?

Does anyone have the plugin for me to re-install? How do I reinstall it? (if not a .cab file).

Or what settings are they talking about changing?

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

IronRed is just getting started
I had the same problem. I don't have the six side cube installed. Some things would customize, others would not. I was able to change the launcher programs, at a fifth icon on the tabs. But I could not change the background, the icons, or the clock. Well, so what. If someone creates a UI for you to use, it is only saving you from doing things yourself. SO....... Download total commander. Put it on your phone. You should have all the icons and other things that you downloaded from the server. Go to your today settings, uncheck the htc home box and then exit. Now find on your phone using total commander where you have the icons. I had them on my storage card/program file/ whatever. You need to copy the .png files to your computer to view them. But if you know what you want displayed on your phone, just click on the file, choose copy/move, then type \Windows\, and MOVE. It should overwrite the file in your windows directory. Now go back to your settings/Today go to items and click on the htc home box. Exit, you now see you new icons displayed. Do the same thing for the clock. You are doing all this with total commander. You should download everything from the home customizer server, and then move it over to your notebook or desktop so you can view them.

These are the steps that worked for me.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jerhal is a n00b
Thanks - I'll try that.

Meanwhile I got frustrated and did a hard reset. I spent 2 hours reloading everything I want and now the HHC Customizer works. So I went out and bought Sprite Backup and back-up the phone. Now I can mess with it to my hearts content and restore it easily.

So I'll try your method as a learning experience if nothing else.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue