PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 08:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul ppc 6800 & Touch
Carrier: Sprint

kcaegis45 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can one tether to IPad?

I am able to tether my Touch to my laptop now thru USB cable. I am looking to purchase an IPad if I am able to tether the same way. I am running CE 5.2.1620.
PS. I have not update my OS cause it is working for what I need. I am afraid if I do update OS I will loose some functions.

Does anyone know if one can tether this way to an IPad? Thx

Last edited by kcaegis45; 11-30-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

Snowden is becoming a great contributor
Re: Can one tether to IPad?

It sounds like a program called PDANet might let you tether using a Bluetooth Personal Area Network. I saw it mentioned here: iPad droid tether?? - Apple iPad Forum. Maybe someone else on this forum actually has an iPad and can say for sure, though.

Snowden
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Might be time for a phone upgrade... Some of the new phones do so much that you'll wonder why you kept the vogue so long. Don't get me wrong... I still have one and use it as a backup (for example... my wife is using it now that her TP took a dump and she is waiting for her TP2 replacement phone) My son uses it to watch movies and stuff like that. But no wifi and limited functionality made me upgrade right after I got that phone. Good luck with this. I hope you are able to get something going if you decide to keep the little workhorse and not upgrade.
p.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:07 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcaegis45 View Post
I am able to tether my Touch to my laptop now thru USB cable. I am looking to purchase an IPad if I am able to tether the same way. I am running CE 5.2.1620.
PS. I have not update my OS cause it is working for what I need. I am afraid if I do update OS I will loose some functions.

Does anyone know if one can tether this way to an IPad? Thx
I don't see why it wouldn't work.
If you do the tethering reg edits and can connect to it with usb cable it should recognize the internet connection.
Otherwise maybe this thread may help:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-vogue/...tooth-pan.html
Old 12-08-2010, 07:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Pandaman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Might be time for a phone upgrade... Some of the new phones do so much that you'll wonder why you kept the vogue so long. Don't get me wrong... I still have one and use it as a backup (for example... my wife is using it now that her TP took a dump and she is waiting for her TP2 replacement phone) My son uses it to watch movies and stuff like that. But no wifi and limited functionality made me upgrade right after I got that phone. Good luck with this. I hope you are able to get something going if you decide to keep the little workhorse and not upgrade.
p.
I can tether my TP2 using USB or wi-fi and all I had to do was find the program and install it then tweak the registry if I remember correctly. No rooting required and it survived when I went from WM 6.1 to WM 6.5. I walk around Best Buy and use my TP2's "wi-fi router" app, and with my phone in my pocket, I have a portable hot-spot and can connect with and Ipad or any laptop in the store. It works flawlessly with a good steady connection. People look at me connected to the Ipad then try themselves after I walk away but sorry, I took my hot-spot away! I won't give this phone up for an EVO or Epic until I hear that there is a good working way to wi-fi tether without paying $30/mo extra.

Last edited by Pandaman; 12-08-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Pandaman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
I don't see why it wouldn't work.
If you do the tethering reg edits and can connect to it with usb cable it should recognize the internet connection.
Otherwise maybe this thread may help:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-vogue/...tooth-pan.html
The Ipad doesn't have a USB port. It has a multi-function connector which can be fitted with a USB "camera connector". You could then connect it to your phone but I don't know if this "camera connector" USB port will function as a standard USB port or is it just for importing pictures and videos using USB? Connecting to the Ipad via Wi-fi is the way to go!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Except for the fact that the HTC touch does not have wi-fi capabilities. (at least mine doesn't)
p.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA
Except for the fact that the HTC touch does not have wi-fi capabilities. (at least mine doesn't)
p.
Yep, the cdma touch (vogue) doesn't have wifi.
The gsm touch(elf) did though.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue