PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Can one tether to IPad? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137713)

kcaegis45 11-30-2010 08:44 AM

Can one tether to IPad?

I am able to tether my Touch to my laptop now thru USB cable. I am looking to purchase an IPad if I am able to tether the same way. I am running CE 5.2.1620.
PS. I have not update my OS cause it is working for what I need. I am afraid if I do update OS I will loose some functions.

Does anyone know if one can tether this way to an IPad? Thx

Snowden 11-30-2010 05:09 PM

Re: Can one tether to IPad?

It sounds like a program called PDANet might let you tether using a Bluetooth Personal Area Network. I saw it mentioned here: iPad droid tether?? - Apple iPad Forum. Maybe someone else on this forum actually has an iPad and can say for sure, though.

Snowden

AZTECHKA 11-30-2010 05:28 PM

Might be time for a phone upgrade... Some of the new phones do so much that you'll wonder why you kept the vogue so long. Don't get me wrong... I still have one and use it as a backup (for example... my wife is using it now that her TP took a dump and she is waiting for her TP2 replacement phone) My son uses it to watch movies and stuff like that. But no wifi and limited functionality made me upgrade right after I got that phone. Good luck with this. I hope you are able to get something going if you decide to keep the little workhorse and not upgrade.
p.

horndoctor 12-04-2010 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcaegis45 (Post 2004537)
I am able to tether my Touch to my laptop now thru USB cable. I am looking to purchase an IPad if I am able to tether the same way. I am running CE 5.2.1620.
PS. I have not update my OS cause it is working for what I need. I am afraid if I do update OS I will loose some functions.

Does anyone know if one can tether this way to an IPad? Thx

I don't see why it wouldn't work.
If you do the tethering reg edits and can connect to it with usb cable it should recognize the internet connection.
Otherwise maybe this thread may help:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-vogue/...tooth-pan.html

Pandaman 12-08-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 2004820)
Might be time for a phone upgrade... Some of the new phones do so much that you'll wonder why you kept the vogue so long. Don't get me wrong... I still have one and use it as a backup (for example... my wife is using it now that her TP took a dump and she is waiting for her TP2 replacement phone) My son uses it to watch movies and stuff like that. But no wifi and limited functionality made me upgrade right after I got that phone. Good luck with this. I hope you are able to get something going if you decide to keep the little workhorse and not upgrade.
p.

I can tether my TP2 using USB or wi-fi and all I had to do was find the program and install it then tweak the registry if I remember correctly. No rooting required and it survived when I went from WM 6.1 to WM 6.5. I walk around Best Buy and use my TP2's "wi-fi router" app, and with my phone in my pocket, I have a portable hot-spot and can connect with and Ipad or any laptop in the store. It works flawlessly with a good steady connection. People look at me connected to the Ipad then try themselves after I walk away but sorry, I took my hot-spot away! I won't give this phone up for an EVO or Epic until I hear that there is a good working way to wi-fi tether without paying $30/mo extra.

Pandaman 12-08-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2007198)
I don't see why it wouldn't work.
If you do the tethering reg edits and can connect to it with usb cable it should recognize the internet connection.
Otherwise maybe this thread may help:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-vogue/...tooth-pan.html

The Ipad doesn't have a USB port. It has a multi-function connector which can be fitted with a USB "camera connector". You could then connect it to your phone but I don't know if this "camera connector" USB port will function as a standard USB port or is it just for importing pictures and videos using USB? Connecting to the Ipad via Wi-fi is the way to go!

AZTECHKA 12-08-2010 07:36 PM

Except for the fact that the HTC touch does not have wi-fi capabilities. (at least mine doesn't)
p.

horndoctor 12-08-2010 08:34 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA
Except for the fact that the HTC touch does not have wi-fi capabilities. (at least mine doesn't)
p.

Yep, the cdma touch (vogue) doesn't have wifi.
The gsm touch(elf) did though.