PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Carrier: Sprint

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best iPhone interface for WM:

I know there seems to be oogles of iPhone themes out there, just wondering if anybody knows which is the best-looking, easiest-to-install? Suggestions would be helpful. I like the progress of the iCube which is heading in the right direction......so I'm keeping my eyes on that one. Anybody out there using something else that mimics almost completely what the iPhone looks like, screen-lock, etc?
Old 12-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 -Diamond-

storino03 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to storino03
SEARCH.

--James
Old 12-13-2007, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Threadstarter

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Did that, hoping to get input from others on what they've used or are currently using.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98
I just don't understand the practice of making ones phone mimick another phone. I feel if some many people want the features and look of the iPhone, then why not just get an iPhone. Then if everyone had an iPhone they would probably want to make it function like the Touch.

That is just my opinion though... I will admit I like the iCube for its easy and use of one handed operations, but I don't want to turn on my phone and have 20 people start to drool over it thinking it's an iPhone. I am proud of my Touch and see no need in making it look or function like another device.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Lurker

BIGVEEZIE is a n00b
People just like to have fun and reprogram their phone somtimes... there's no harm in that... sorda like puttin lambo doors on a charger...
Old 12-13-2007, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Zyphlin is keeping up the good workZyphlin is keeping up the good work
There's a ton of reasons...

You have a great plan with a service that isn't AT&T and don't want to give up that plan.

You are locked into a 2 year plan with a service that isn't AT&T and can't get out of it.

You enjoy the functions and capabilities of a windows mobile device but HATE its method of program launching and feel that the iPhone's is simple, aesthetically pleasing, and useful.

Those are just three off the top of my head.

For me personally, its a mix of 1 and 3. I have a GREAT deal with Sprint that would be stupid of me to give up unless the iPhone happened to do some other naughty things I can't mention here As well, I'm a big Windows Mobile/PPC/WinCE fan and have been for years. I love its versatility. I needed good PIM applications, and word and excel support. I also liked the size of the Touch.

All that said...

Windows Mobile in my mind has always been HORRIBLE for application launching. The best WinMo device I used launching wise was my old Toshiba e310 because of Toshiba's built in launcher, which was very palm like.

The iPhone took Palm's basic launching program and made it actually look great. The gloss, the black with bright colors, the shape...its a very nice interface. And I like it a lot better than going into a start menu, going into programs, going into another folder perhaps or scrolling through a bunch of programs to find what I want to launch.

Why would I try to make my Touch function like another phone? Because I can. Because thanks to Windows Mobile I'm able to get all the things I like about windows mobile AND because of its ability to be customized I can get a lot of the features I like about the iPhone.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Lurker

echaos1210 is a n00b
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
There's a ton of reasons...

You have a great plan with a service that isn't AT&T and don't want to give up that plan.

You are locked into a 2 year plan with a service that isn't AT&T and can't get out of it.

You enjoy the functions and capabilities of a windows mobile device but HATE its method of program launching and feel that the iPhone's is simple, aesthetically pleasing, and useful.

Those are just three off the top of my head.

For me personally, its a mix of 1 and 3. I have a GREAT deal with Sprint that would be stupid of me to give up unless the iPhone happened to do some other naughty things I can't mention here As well, I'm a big Windows Mobile/PPC/WinCE fan and have been for years. I love its versatility. I needed good PIM applications, and word and excel support. I also liked the size of the Touch.

All that said...

Windows Mobile in my mind has always been HORRIBLE for application launching. The best WinMo device I used launching wise was my old Toshiba e310 because of Toshiba's built in launcher, which was very palm like.

The iPhone took Palm's basic launching program and made it actually look great. The gloss, the black with bright colors, the shape...its a very nice interface. And I like it a lot better than going into a start menu, going into programs, going into another folder perhaps or scrolling through a bunch of programs to find what I want to launch.

Why would I try to make my Touch function like another phone? Because I can. Because thanks to Windows Mobile I'm able to get all the things I like about windows mobile AND because of its ability to be customized I can get a lot of the features I like about the iPhone.
I couldnt have said that better

LIVE and LEARN
Old 12-13-2007, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98
You have some pretty good points there Zyphlin... I understand the fun in programming and changing the phone. I guess I just don't like the basic direct copying of the iPhone interface. I guess it would be different if the ideas were taken from the iPhone and developed to be simular, but in a way different or even work better than they do on the iPhone.

As an example... The iCube. It's simular to the iPhone, but is different in it owns way that makes it more personalized. You guys are doing a great job on that by the way.

I just don't like stuff that is bascially a detail for detail copy of someone elses work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
I know there seems to be oogles of iPhone themes out there, just wondering if anybody knows which is the best-looking, easiest-to-install? Suggestions would be helpful. I like the progress of the iCube which is heading in the right direction......so I'm keeping my eyes on that one. Anybody out there using something else that mimics almost completely what the iPhone looks like, screen-lock, etc?
You can look over at www.lakeridgesoftware.com ............Go to forums. You can get your desktop to look exactley like the iphone. Requires two paid programs though.

You can go to to xda-developers and search igrumps iphone (I believe that is what it is called. Someone will correcrt me if I am wrong) This is free program.

Also, do a search for freestyl or I believe the website is whoneedsaniphone.com ........Also a free alternative that uses flash light and has animations.

That should keep you busy for a while.....
Old 12-13-2007, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

urvi is a n00b
Im using the one from here made by torx, you can find it in the themes section. It does require two pay programs, WAD and WA3.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue