PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

Joey Colozzo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ringtone Quality

When I play my custom .mp3 ringtones through WMP they sound LOUD and crisp.

..but when I preview them through the 4th tab on the today screen or even when my phone actually rings- the quality seems to diminish (in comparison). They aren't near as loud and the quality becomes somewhat muffled.

Any suggestions as to how I can get my ringtone quality to be as good when my phone rings- as it is when I play it through WMPlayer???

thx.

ps. I apologize in advance if this isn't where I was supposed to post this- I did search first
Old 12-12-2007, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

akareem27 is a n00b
i also have the sane problem i wanna know the solution to?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

lowpro3210 is becoming a great contributor
well...what I have done because I notice the ringtone is not NEARLY as loud as I would like it to be ...

I use Nero "WaveEditor" and go to VOLUME tab, then VOLUME CHANGE and change it to about +4 or so, BUT then you have to go to the TOOLS tab and go to EQUALIZER and set the gain -4 or so, this is due to the fact since you are increasing the volume, it would add alot more gain, and you really do not need any bass coming from a phone (at least I don't on mine) for a ringtone...hope this helped
Old 12-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Threadstarter

Joey Colozzo is a n00b
here's the thing- when i manipulate the .mp3 ringtones using software like audacity, waveeditor, etc.. they sound only a little better, and only a little louder. when played through WMPlayer- they sound how i intended them to, much LOUDER.

my question is why are they so much better through WMPlayer and how can i get that kind of quality out of my ringtones when my phone ACTUALLY RINGSSSSS!!!

if the speaker on the touch was weak and limited, i would bite the bullet and take it for what it's worth. but it drives me banana sandwich knowing that the speaker is fully capable of being real LOUD (cause it is through WMPlayer) but just isn't when someone is actually calling you, lol.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond

slash007 is a n00b
I was searching for the same issue and I found this thread. Has anyone found out a way to make the ringtones louder without having to modify each one? I really hate how crappy my mp3 ringtones sound when my phone rings. They are muffed and not nearly loud enough. Thanks.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work
am I the only one that isn't experiencing this issue? My rings & music sound the same just as good. dunno???

Old 12-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
i havent tried an mp3 ringtone, thus havent had this problem... BUT...
i do know that wmp has a pre-amp built into it, and can also read audio volume tags embedded in the mp3, as the phone cant, cause im sure its using some super low overhead command based mp3 player to do it, and do it fast... thus giving wmp a volume and equalization advance, where as the phone/ringer just plays the file with minimal processing....

just my input...
Old 12-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

basser8616 is a n00b
I've got the same problem. I did a few tests myself. I tried mp3, wav, and wma format for phone ringtones and they all sound quiet. Then I tried the same exact ringtones but placed them in the \windows directory so they will be visible in the text msg dropdown menu. I assigned the ringtones for text msging and when I clicked play to preview the 30 second clips they sounded great. When I recieved txt msgs they also sounded like they should. They were nice and loud and very clear....the same quality as WMP. Wierd thing is, I don't think it was like that before. With my first touch I'm pretty sure all the volumes were the same. I got that one replaced with another one because of missed calls and card corruption and it had the same amufactur date as the first one. I'm pretty sure the second one's volume was good too. Then a few days ago I had the second one replaced because of dark spots on the screen and now my volume for phone ringtones is like 40% quieter than text. My previous 2 manufater dates were 10/16/07 I think and the manufater date for the touch I have now with low volume is 11/22/07. Anyone know what the deal is?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

basser8616 is a n00b
I fixed my quiet muffled ringtones. I performed a hard reset and everything was fixed. I did all the same tests as I did before and everything was back to normal. Text ringtones and phone ringtones were all as loud as windows media player played them. I then installed all my software one by one and tested sound after each install and my sounds are still fine after all my apps are back on the touch. I think my ringtones problems started after I did a few things in the registry. So I'm not touching the registry this time.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue