PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 07:25 AM
jrupp82

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Newbie!! Best Setup nondata?

Hey guys, I'm new to this site, and new to the notion of flashing a different ROM to my Vogue. I bought a Vogue (Verizon XV6900) a couple years ago and used it for a year. However, I didn't have a data plan, just liked having the smartphone capabilities. After learning that I was being charged for picture messages (that's MMS, right?) I had the data blocked for my plan. At that point, the phone became little frustrating to me. I could call, text, and use the other functions, but small things about the phone started to annoy me. So as a point of giving up, I reactivated an old Motorola Krzr that I had and just went back to a feature phone that I could at least send TXT, PIC messages at will.

So recently I've run across this site and you've peaked my interest in reactivating my Vogue. I'm considering flashing new ROM as well, and whatever other upgrades may benefit.

My question is this: What is the best setup for a non-data plan guy on the Verizon network? What ROM and other features will let me get the most out of the phone and maintain good reliability?

I'm looking for some input. I'm new to these ideas, but very interested in learning more and getting what I can out of this phone. Again, I don't have a data plan, don't want a data plan, and really don't even want to be paying for KB per use more than I have to. So what can you guys tell me?

Thanks...Josh
Old 11-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Newbie!! Best Setup nondata?

I recommend you follow the instructions in this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-vogue/...alone-gps.html

Sunce you don't want to have a data plan that thread will help you get the gps chip to function without data. Also, after following those steps you can flash some custom roms to get an idea of what you want to run.
In my opinion, you might want to enable data because you will be limited in what you can do but obviously it's your call.
Good Luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue