PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint HTC 6900
Carrier: Sprint

new to touch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do I install and launch phm reg editor

how do I install and launch phm reg editor

and does anyone know how to make microsoft voice command 1.5 function? device is Sprint HTC Touch vogu100 or 6900

clear concise steps would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

Last edited by new to touch; 12-10-2007 at 03:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:35 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
PHM Reg Editor
Go here to download: http://www.phm.lu/downloads/download...A4418802FD3%7d

If you sync your phone to your computer choose the first option on the drop down list. Make sure you check the checkbox. Download. Run. Sync.

Follow the directions on your phone to install. It will show up in the Programs folder on your device.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

new to touch is a n00b
I went to the download site there is no drop down to choose
Old 12-10-2007, 04:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

new to touch is a n00b
I downloaded phm reg editor connected the device to my pc. launched phm install. menue asked for everyone or just me I selected everyone pressed next. install phm in c:\program files\phm\phm registry editor\ next. ready to install phm registry editor on your computer next. begins installation screen add remove programs appears programs to keep checked pressed okay program installed successfully close. I sync pc to device and disconnect device. program does not load onto device HELP
Old 12-10-2007, 04:21 AM

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Extract the CAB from the zip file attached. Put it on your device and run it from your device.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PHMRegEdit.zip (31.1 KB, 93 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-10-2007, 04:54 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

new to touch is a n00b
I am new you will have to be specific. I down loaded your zip file and exstracted the file how do I put it on my device and where in what folder. Sorry I am such a noobie but I am going to learn and pass it forward thanks musicman 247
Old 12-10-2007, 05:12 AM

To get the file onto your Touch:

1. Connect your Touch to your computer using a USB cable (data cable included in the box with your Touch)

2. ActiveSync should start up and make a little boo-boo-ba-doo noise. If this does not happen, you need to install ActiveSync on your computer from the CD-ROM included with your Touch.

3. ActiveSync will begin to Sync your phone.

4. There should be 5 big buttons in the ActiveSync Screen labeled Sync, Stop, Details, Explore, Options. Click on the button labeled Explore.

5. You should now have a File Explorer screen open showing all the folders and files on your Touch. Above the section that has all the files, there should be a button labeled Folders. Click on it.

6. Now on the left you have all of the folders on your computer. Find the CAB file you just extracted. Click on it once, then right-click on it and select Copy.

7. Find your Touch on the left side of the File Explorer. It should look like a little orange phone and should be called "Mobile Device" or something like that. Click on it.

8. Now the right side of the File Explorer window shows the files on your Touch again. Click on the right side of the window, then right-click and choose Paste.

9. On your Touch click the Start menu, choose Programs, then choose File Explorer.

10. Push the bottom left button Labeled "Up" until you cannot go up any more.

11. Tap the folder Labeled "My Documents"

12. Find the CAB you just copied over and tap on it once. It will then install on your Touch.

13. Choose to install it to your device, and press the top right OK button when it finishes.

14. You should now have PHMRegEdit installed on your Touch. You can open it by pressing the Start button, then Programs, then PHM RegEdit.

Hope this helps!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

new to touch is a n00b
absolutley perfect instructions musicman 247. worked like a charm and I learned how to copy apps to my device as a cab ext. You helped more than just reg edit THANK YOU!

One more favor if you would. I just installed microsoft voice command 1.5 on my touch it giving an error any suggestions and how about launching from the bluetooth headset what do i need to do advice or a link to go to thanks again
Old 12-10-2007, 05:43 AM

Here's the help page at Microsoft. I haven't ever used Voice Command, so I probably won't be much help, but this seems like a pretty comprehensive Troubleshooting guide.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...eshooting.mspx

Glad I could help! It was my pleasure! Sorry I can't do more about Voice Command. If this page doesn't help, check back here tomorrow. Sometimes it takes a while for people to see a post and respond.

See you around!

oh, and by the way...Welcome to PPCGeeks!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

new to touch is a n00b
The pleasure was mine thanks for the welcome I am taking notes and really trying to learn this new technology (for me it is new) and as fusturating as it can be at times I enjoy the hell out it. I think I will have to do a hack for it to work especially with the head set launching the command I will check back and scour the forum. i have visited a lot of forums and i have to say ppc for geeks is the only one i joined I like it see you around on the forum
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue