PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Lurker

oosagi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Cube Configuration Tool v4.0

May have found the issue. Decided to run a test. Changed the Sprint Music to read "Music" only. Saved. Exited. DID NOT PUSH BUTTON WITH STYLUS! Instead just "powered" the system off and then on. Before it would have reverted back to Sprint Music. This time....just came up Music!

Going to check and see if I can actually get the app to open now by changing the link, saving, ect. and then only powering off.

Ok...that worked as well. Now for the final test...will "push da button" with the stylus (again which I continue to think is the "soft boot") so see if the settings stay or revert back to defaults....here goes nothing!

VOILA! So that is the trick. You don't "poke the button with the stylus" but instead just power the system off and back on.... I am sure someone will tell me "duh!" But again I always thought that "poking the button" was the soft reset.

Hope this helps everyone out!!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

tcatnat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosagi View Post
I too am having issues with the program. It looks fantastic, and the interface is top notch, but there seems to be something funky going on.

I can open the program, make the appropriate changes, hit save, go to menu, choose exit, the system both tells me that the changes have been saved, and that I need to remember to do a soft reboot to have the changes take effect.

Now if I am not mistaken a soft reboot is when I press the little button hole with my stylus. That is correct...right? Because when I do that, everything goes back to the defaults....LOL. If I am mistaken and I am only supposed to power the system off and then back on...which I am about to try then I apologize.

Great job on the application thus far...here's hoping it gets running smoothly (or I stop being stupid)!

KUDOS!!!

Oosagi
You seem to be doing it correct. I did not even receive the notice to soft reset but I knew to do it anyway. Hopefully some minor tweaks egts this puppy rolling again.

Now I just need to find icons so I don't have to make my own. I recall someone suggesting a spearate icon thread but I could not find one. Anyone have links to icons that work with this tool?
Old 07-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch / Sprint

lawyeradam is a n00b

I installed the cube config on my touch yesterday and it worked great! this morning I updated the rom and now when I run the cube program it doesn't give me the option to change the 6 sided screen - it has tabs for the 3 side and and icube (?).. Help??
Old 07-02-2008, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MF'n Diamond
Threadstarter

thisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyeradam View Post
I installed the cube config on my touch yesterday and it worked great! this morning I updated the rom and now when I run the cube program it doesn't give me the option to change the 6 sided screen - it has tabs for the 3 side and and icube (?).. Help??
Did you install the vista cube?

Juicy 7 090530 ROM

Feel free to buy me a beer if my work has helped you out.

Sprint Touch Cube Configuration Tool

Old 07-02-2008, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MF'n Diamond
Threadstarter

thisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosagi View Post
May have found the issue. Decided to run a test. Changed the Sprint Music to read "Music" only. Saved. Exited. DID NOT PUSH BUTTON WITH STYLUS! Instead just "powered" the system off and then on. Before it would have reverted back to Sprint Music. This time....just came up Music!

Going to check and see if I can actually get the app to open now by changing the link, saving, ect. and then only powering off.

Ok...that worked as well. Now for the final test...will "push da button" with the stylus (again which I continue to think is the "soft boot") so see if the settings stay or revert back to defaults....here goes nothing!

VOILA! So that is the trick. You don't "poke the button with the stylus" but instead just power the system off and back on.... I am sure someone will tell me "duh!" But again I always thought that "poking the button" was the soft reset.

Hope this helps everyone out!!
Correct, that is a soft reset, BUT it is not safe. It's basically like pulling the power cord out of your desktop PC. A safer way is to use a software soft reset, I use an app called psshutxp. Just do a search for it. This app will make sure everything gets saved and closes down before it resets.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Lurker

lawyeradam is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyinoc View Post
Did you install the vista cube?
I don't know?? I have a touch and I thought I installed the cubeconfig 4.1. Is that wrong???
Old 07-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Lurker

lawyeradam is a n00b

I did just install the vista cube from Polen and it works nicely! The config, though, still doesn't give me the option to adjust the 6-app side - it only shows the 3-app and the icube (?)... Is this perhaps to do w/ the new Rom? Or did I d/l a different version? It worked on the 6-app side yesterday.. Thanks for your help!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

I don't think Vista cube is compatible with this config tool. It does work with S3 Cube Edit (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26183), but I do find thisguyinco's tool has a few options that didn't make it into S3 Cube Edit (icon preview, ability to set text, and a little better selection UI). Nothing against what Spunks3 put together -- S3 Cube Edit gets the job done and sure beats manual reg edits!

That said though, to thisguyinco, what would it take to make your app compatible with Vista Cube 2.0 and S3 cube?
Old 07-03-2008, 05:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

drahc is a n00b

can i use this one while having a iphone theme? Thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

theSuperStar is a n00b

installed new rom, touch cube 4.1, but only .brn is showing up in touch cube, not .bmp, but i can see .bmp icons with total commander????
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue