PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

dweezy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Oct 26th...

And mine did this three times today.

Grrr... figures that I'm right out of the return period... so now I'll have to go through the replacement steps again... I just hard reset it the other night and I don't run many custom apps on it... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

I got the same date and mine does it also about 1 -2 times a day , I am going to return it for a new one I am still in the 30 day period
Old 12-26-2007, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

efunk33 is a n00b
Anyone have any fixes yet? Just started happening to my phone after 1.5 months of flawless use.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

jramos402 is a n00b
I dont know if this is a solution or anything but it seems to have done the trick for me. Ive been sitting here for over a hour messing around in the registry changing values here and there in places I think the problem may lie and placing test calls to see If it will wake my phone up correctly. Nothing seemed to work until I went to: HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/HTCHomeplug/PowerIconSlot. The original value was 0 so i changed it to 1. Did a soft reset but it changed back to 0. So I changed it to 1 again and didnt soft reset and placed a test call to my phone and VOILA!!!! It worked and all before the second ring. Ive had it like this for over 45 minutes and placed numerous test calls plus Ive had people calling me and now that its working correctly Im not missing any calls. Its waking up just fine. Hope this helps somebody and please post your results. Oh and by the way Im using a Mogul.

Edit: I think this would apply for those with the HTC Home Customizer and Plugin on their phone as that is where I did most of my messing around at because Ive noticed that when I installed the program is when I started having the problem and also that many people running that app are having the same issue.

Last edited by jramos402; 12-26-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

efunk33 is a n00b
To me it sounds like it is related to this not waking up thing when the phone is under 30%. Something is going wrong with this function and it is happening whatever the power level is.

If we can find this in the registry and just turn it off completely, Id be willing to bet this fixes the problem.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by jramos402 View Post
I dont know if this is a solution or anything but it seems to have done the trick for me. Ive been sitting here for over a hour messing around in the registry changing values here and there in places I think the problem may lie and placing test calls to see If it will wake my phone up correctly. Nothing seemed to work until I went to: HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/HTCHomeplug/PowerIconSlot. The original value was 0 so i changed it to 1. Did a soft reset but it changed back to 0. So I changed it to 1 again and didnt soft reset and placed a test call to my phone and VOILA!!!! It worked and all before the second ring. Ive had it like this for over 45 minutes and placed numerous test calls plus Ive had people calling me and now that its working correctly Im not missing any calls. Its waking up just fine. Hope this helps somebody and please post your results. Oh and by the way Im using a Mogul.
Are you sure about that registry path? I don't even have that entry on my Touch.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

efunk33 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippity.hoppity View Post
Are you sure about that registry path? I don't even have that entry on my Touch.
He did say that was on his mogul...

What do you think about my post above about finding that 30% battery registry?
Old 12-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by efunk33 View Post
He did say that was on his mogul...

What do you think about my post above about finding that 30% battery registry?
I've heard rumors (unsubstantiated) about HTC programming the phone to reject incoming calls when the battery level drops below 30%. I've tested it myself and I can receive calls with 10% battery remaining. Either there is no such setting or I have a defective Touch that works great. I don't think that there's any validity to that theory and instead think that it's directly related to either network issues or the same sleep problem that's leading to corrupted SD cards. Both problems plague the Mogul and the Touch so it sounds like a sleep-state bug introduced by HTC.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

efunk33 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippity.hoppity View Post
I've heard rumors (unsubstantiated) about HTC programming the phone to reject incoming calls when the battery level drops below 30%. I've tested it myself and I can receive calls with 10% battery remaining. Either there is no such setting or I have a defective Touch that works great. I don't think that there's any validity to that theory and instead think that it's directly related to either network issues or the same sleep problem that's leading to corrupted SD cards. Both problems plague the Mogul and the Touch so it sounds like a sleep-state bug introduced by HTC.

My phone never gets stuck in sleep mode, but all the sudden after 1.5 months of flawless use, my phone doesn't wake up to get calls/texts... I did uncheck the 2 options in the advanced battery section and it has stopped for now. But it has only been 1.2 a day so far, so we will see.

I do believe, however, that this is something that can be fixed and we shouldnt just give up on such a sweet phone just yet.

What do you think about updating the IOTA session to update the vision? Ive read some stuff about this HTC problem with others phones, and many people believed it happened when the phone switched from 1X to EV while in sleep.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Grymlock is a n00b
I have spent most of the night reading this thread. I have had my Touch since 12/21 and like most it replaced my Mogul because of various issues. The manufacture data is 12/2 and I have experienced the problem once and I had to do a soft reset. I have the following 3rd party packages installed:

Marsware WeatherPanel
DBH Slide2Unlock Pro
MS Voice Command 1.6
Resco Explorer with Registry Add-In
Microsoft Money
iCube
OZ Instant Messaging
Handmark OnDemand
Sprint TV
MS Live Search

I am not sure of the 30% rule because I just recieved a call and 2 text messages waking up my phone with only 10% battery left.

My ringer file was on my memory card and after the lockup I moved it to the device and since then I have not had any issues. It has been 3 days with no issues.

One other thing I did do was I took the phone into the repair center and had them update it to the latest PRL on the 22nd. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not but thought it was worth the mention.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:17 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jramos402 View Post

Edit: I think this would apply for those with the HTC Home Customizer and Plugin on their phone as that is where I did most of my messing around at because Ive noticed that when I installed the program is when I started having the problem and also that many people running that app are having the same issue.
The registry key you are referring to is not the same today plugin the HTC Home Customizer works on. HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/HTCHomeplug/ is the plugin that comes on the Mogul by default. HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/HTCHome is the one that was taken from another device and ported to work on other WM6 devices. HTCHome is the one with the digital clock and tabs.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue