PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 03:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC HERO
Carrier: METRO PCS

youngt313 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey guys check this out

OK I WILL BE DOING SOME EXPERIMENTING ON MY VOGUE CHANGING THE ROM FOR THE 1ST TIME AND BEFORE I DO SO I WANT YOU GUYS AT PPCGEEKS EXPERT ADVICE OK CHECK THIS VIDEO OUT AND LET ME KNOW IF THIS WOULD WORK FOR THE VOGUE BECAUSE IT SEEMS A HELL OF A LOT SIMPLER BASICALLY INSTALLING ROMS USING A MICRO SD CARD INSTEAD OF USING THE WAY WE ALL KNOW SO CHECK IT OUT LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SHOULD I TRY IT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hxBn2qKA8I&NR=1
Old 02-09-2010, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: VZW

Hawks2005 is keeping up the good workHawks2005 is keeping up the good work
Re: Hey guys check this out

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngt313 View Post
OK I WILL BE DOING SOME EXPERIMENTING ON MY VOGUE CHANGING THE ROM FOR THE 1ST TIME AND BEFORE I DO SO I WANT YOU GUYS AT PPCGEEKS EXPERT ADVICE OK CHECK THIS VIDEO OUT AND LET ME KNOW IF THIS WOULD WORK FOR THE VOGUE BECAUSE IT SEEMS A HELL OF A LOT SIMPLER BASICALLY INSTALLING ROMS USING A MICRO SD CARD INSTEAD OF USING THE WAY WE ALL KNOW SO CHECK IT OUT LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SHOULD I TRY IT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hxBn2qKA8I&NR=1
Flashing through the SD card is quite easy, in fact there are a few ROMs out there that only have the option to flash through the SD. I have provided a link to PPCKitchen.com that gives you some step-by-step directions for flashing your Vogue through your SD.

http://ppckitchen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183

Last edited by Hawks2005; 02-09-2010 at 08:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Very simple and alot faster. Rename the RUU-sgned.nbh to voguimg.nbh put on the root of a fat32 formatted 2GB or less SD card and place your phone bootloader. Remeber to make sure it is not in a folder or RARed or ziped.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC HERO
Carrier: METRO PCS
Threadstarter

youngt313 is a n00b

thanks guys but unfortunately im stuck with this stock rom you see i finally get out there researching and asking questions plus getting some very helpful intel from you guys at PPC and now guess what i cant even go into BOOTLOADER MODE ON MY VOGUE because the camera button is not responding it doesnt even work maaaaaannnnn!!!!!! this sucks so does any1 know another way to get into BOOTLOADER MODE PLLLLLZZZZ HELP
Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
thanks guys but unfortunately im stuck with this stock rom you see i finally get out there researching and asking questions plus getting some very helpful intel from you guys at PPC and now guess what i cant even go into BOOTLOADER MODE ON MY VOGUE because the camera button is not responding it doesnt even work maaaaaannnnn!!!!!! this sucks so does any1 know another way to get into BOOTLOADER MODE PLLLLLZZZZ HELP
You can get to bootloader mode by just using activesync.

Update:
See my explanation here.

Last edited by Lmiller1708; 02-12-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
You can get to bootloader mode by just using activesync.
If you know how explain don't say you can do it but not post how?
Old 02-12-2010, 01:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: VZW

Hawks2005 is keeping up the good workHawks2005 is keeping up the good work

Actually, I would like to know how to get into bootloader with just activesync, please explain.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:20 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I just tried this with my test phone. Run the factory rom and when it puts you into bootloader pull the usb plug out, then flash the rom you like from bootlader. Now I did this with my test 6900 with no problem so try at your own risk...
Thanks T M Z
Old 02-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
If you know how explain don't say you can do it but not post how?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks2005 View Post
Actually, I would like to know how to get into bootloader with just activesync, please explain.
My bad for not explaining it better...
You can run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe that comes with ROM's.
Then follow the onscreen(PC) instructions to flash your phone.
You don't need to put your phone in bootloader mode before you run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe... But you have to be connected to activesync.

You can also put EnterBootloader.exe on your phone and run it from that... (Also a file that comes with ROM's)

Now I flashed my ROM for no reason at all... Oh well

Last edited by Lmiller1708; 02-12-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue