PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Bell)
Carrier: Bell

Snaaky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrading from vogue on Bell network

A local retailer has a really good sale price on brand new touch diamonds and I would like to upgrade. Unfortunately I have the $7 data deal (called mobile browser but is actually data) with bell and they tell me that it won't transfer over to the diamond. Is there any way of fooling the bell network into thinking that a touch diamond is actually my vogue (htc touch in Canada)? Otherwise I would have to pay $25 per month for a 500mb data plan when I only pay about $7 now for unlimited on my vogue.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Upgrading from vogue on Bell network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaaky View Post
A local retailer has a really good sale price on brand new touch diamonds and I would like to upgrade. Unfortunately I have the $7 data deal (called mobile browser but is actually data) with bell and they tell me that it won't transfer over to the diamond. Is there any way of fooling the bell network into thinking that a touch diamond is actually my vogue (htc touch in Canada)? Otherwise I would have to pay $25 per month for a 500mb data plan when I only pay about $7 now for unlimited on my vogue.

Thanks
Good Question. I seriously doubt it.
Might be possible with a custom setup but I think it is extremely unlikely .
Old 01-27-2010, 02:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
good question. I seriously doubt it.
Might be possible with a custom setup but i think it is extremely unlikely .
extremely illegal! Don't do it!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue 6900, SGS9000i Android 4
Carrier: Bell

edgarpoe is becoming a great contributor

YA even if you were to illegally clone your phone onto a diamond i think bell will not like to see your ESN, which is registered as a vogue, being transmitted by diamond hardware.

NOW... i would suggest if you can afford to actually purchase the diamond to go with Pay As You Go. With a WM phone you can get unlimited txt and 'mobile browser' with the Bell Fun20 pay as you go for only $20/m. That's what i use and it's great. (of course i don't actually talk on the phone, just use it for the 230kbps download data and txt)

btw, Sorry for posting the bell advertisement gang, just don't want to see anyone up for fraud charges!

If a was able to help you in any way please click the THANK'S button.

Last edited by edgarpoe; 01-27-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: remembered something else...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue