PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Vogue Sprint 6.1 and 6.5 drama... GPS not working... Factory ROM wont LOAD, etc. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108103)

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 05:06 PM

Vogue Sprint 6.1 and 6.5 drama... GPS not working... Factory ROM wont LOAD, etc.

OK I have a sprint vogue about 1 yrs OLD, previously... crashed the phone... people from here helped me get it back again... was said at that time perhaps it is the battery... because it wont load... have a new battery and the same situation persists.... various 6.5 roms... past 29%.... but it also wont load.... 'factory .... ship.exe ' roms also, past 29% either... at one time recently had the jboyd 6.1 rom loaded....at this time I have the BIGSTORAGE ROM... loaded the phone is working ... but none of the FREE gps's are working.... google maps... etc... also the Bluetooth function is not working ( it does show the bluetooth device ?)....sprint tv... perhaps a few more....

I am not stressed like I usually am... writing these posts.... I can live with the phone just like it is....

But if any1 has any IDEA's.... I welcome them...I think I would like 6.5...on the phone.... but really would be happy to get it back to factory.... and tough it out.... until.... some imaginary upgrade to another phone.... in the way distant future....LMAO

Thanks in ADVANCE...

Kevin

tmz 01-26-2010 05:49 PM

Re: Vogue Sprint 6.1 and 6.5 drama... GPS not working... Factory ROM wont LOAD, etc.

Now that you got the new battery and it has a full charge did you try to flash back to factory rom ?

P.S. Try this rom...

NFSFAN's 1.12 Spint ROM

horndoctor 01-26-2010 08:22 PM

Re: Vogue Sprint 6.1 and 6.5 drama... GPS not working... Factory ROM wont LOAD, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmz (Post 1518418)
Now that you got the new battery and it has a full charge did you try to flash back to factory rom ?

P.S. Try this rom...

NFSFAN's 1.12 Spint ROM

I second that. There should be no reason that you can't flash the stock rom. This is the one you want:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Wh...ogue%20ROM.exe

Your problem could be due to a problem while unlocking .
If it was my phone, I would run the 2.31 unlocker again until complete. Then flash the rom of your choice. :)

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 08:49 PM

Hey thanx DOC... I will try the one U posted... when I flashed ... TMZ's rom just now...What the phone did is:::: it behaves like the rom is going to load... but it stops at the WHITE BKGRND with HTC logo and "No Radio" in RED bottom right crnr of screen... so I will down load and try your ROM now DOC...???

Thanx
Kevin

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 09:13 PM

OK the vogue ROM... just froze at 29% again... attached is a print screen of my windows explorer....

it shows what I have loaded on this machine except... BigStorage ROM
RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_2_Radio_3.42. 30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship
file:///C:/Users/Kevie/Downloads%202...ogue%20ROM.exe

file:///C:/Users/Kevie/Downloads%202..._htc_touch.exe

file:///C:/Users/Kevie/Downloads%202...NV133_Ship.exe

Jboyd_6.1_Stable_ROM
Vogue_unlocker

the one that seems to work is
Bigstorage_SprintTouchRom

and it seems to me that I did have ONE 6.5 rom that seemed to work and that was
23506_v4

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 09:35 PM

Just tried this ROM again.

RUU_PPST_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_3.03.651.4_2_Radio_3.42. 30_AM_NV_2.04_Ship

and it is stuck @ 29% with the New Battery at 100%... so ?

Hmmm?

Kevin

tmz 01-26-2010 10:02 PM

Flash the rom I posted from bootloader(Press & hold power+camera+reset & you should go into the bootload mode).
Let us know if it works...
Thanks T M Z

horndoctor 01-26-2010 10:11 PM

Hmm...When you said earlier that when you tried to flash the rom that tmz posted and it said no radio that makes me think that at one point somewhere along the line either the wrong unlocker was used or an older radio was used/flashed to your device.
What does it say at the bottom of the screen when you put the device in bootloader? If you soft reset, what does it say at the bottom of the screen? It should say 3.42.30 next to the R .

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 10:38 PM

OK I loaded that rom... and now screen stuck on.... Black Background... HTC smart mobility ... screen with a No Radio at the bottom right

kevtbear57 01-26-2010 10:40 PM

When U soft reset... it goes to that screen I mentioned in the post above to TMZ's question....