PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: SPRINT

jimt29 is keeping up the good workjimt29 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can U Change An Icon In Windows Mobile 6.1?

I've seen threads for changing an icon in Windows Mobile 6.5 but can't find any program or instructions to change an icon in 6.1.

I have a couple of programs where the icons are just empty squares and would like to have an icon for them.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Can U Change An Icon In Windows Mobile 6.1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt29 View Post
I've seen threads for changing an icon in Windows Mobile 6.5 but can't find any program or instructions to change an icon in 6.1.

I have a couple of programs where the icons are just empty squares and would like to have an icon for them.
Give it a try it's been almost a year since I've ran 6.1 but I think you can through sk tools.
http://www.s-k-tools.com/index.html?.../m_sksmgr.html
Old 01-25-2010, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just installed SKtools. I viewed every item available in its list of programs. Nothing suggests the ability to change an icon in a program or shortcut.

I then tried a program called Shortcut Creator but it only looks for an icon withing the program linked to the shortcut and there is no icon info there.

Anybody have any other ideas?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey jimt29, didn't you ask something similar about a year ago? If that thread's suggestions were not helpful, then feel free to ask as specific a question as you can or wish to ask. I have one for you: Where do you want the icon to show? In the meantime, why not take a look back at that previous thread. It actually does contain at least 2 very different methods for getting an icon to show for an iconless app, here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52241
Old 01-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:

Have you seen this? Maybe this thread can help:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84102

I personally have not tried this but I had it saved for future referance.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

And yet another alternative is available, right here at PPCG, though buried within a thread. This may be the easy UI method, using an app called LinkCreator v1.4 - CAB here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74407&page=5
Old 01-25-2010, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hey MrGoodtunes: You know it's a helluva thing when someone remembers something I did and I have no recollection myself! Damn.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
...helluva thing...
I click'd your Tnx button just because of the good laugh your comment gave me! Reminds me of the time a guy requested a song (back in the days of music newsgroups) which I was able to provide only because the song became available to me via that very same guy who requested it! But, seriously, you should be able to have your choice of icon for your iconless app(s), within fairly wide bounds.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Viva
Carrier: Maxis

zachy07 is a n00b

I'm looking for Icon Changer for Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, a few icon I would Like to change to HD 2 icon.....
Old 09-09-2010, 02:38 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachy07 View Post
I'm looking for Icon Changer for Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, a few icon I would Like to change to HD 2 icon.....
Here is an IconChanger cab I found and have used on my 6.1 device:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1282586403

You just have to make or download new icons so you have some to select to replace your original. Good Luck!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue