PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: JuliusHoarkJD
Carrier: Crackit

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Yahoo to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Skype™ to UndeadSquirrel
Arcsoft MMS Gateway Timeout errors

This was working great for me for a long time, then recently started giving me problems. For some reason, whenever I try to send or download an MMS, sometimes it just sits on 0% for a while, then finally starts sending, but cancels before it hits 100%. But more often than that, I keep getting "Gateway Timeout" errors and it's really pissing me off. I've checked the registry, called Cricket to refresh services, and did countless OTAs. Sometimes if I OTA and reset, I can send one or two MMS before it starts messing up again. What the hell is the deal? I'm using my own ROM build with Ryan's Cricket/Arcsoft cab 5.2.2.22.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Arcsoft MMS Gateway Timeout errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadSquirrel View Post
This was working great for me for a long time, then recently started giving me problems. For some reason, whenever I try to send or download an MMS, sometimes it just sits on 0% for a while, then finally starts sending, but cancels before it hits 100%. But more often than that, I keep getting "Gateway Timeout" errors and it's really pissing me off. I've checked the registry, called Cricket to refresh services, and did countless OTAs. Sometimes if I OTA and reset, I can send one or two MMS before it starts messing up again. What the hell is the deal? I'm using my own ROM build with Ryan's Cricket/Arcsoft cab 5.2.2.22.
This is due to crickets f'd up system and it may take you 20 times having the setting refreshed for them to get right. You can reference this thread on what exactly to tell them to do when you call them. http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1596920 It might also take you going to a corp store and putting up a little fuss and telling them what to do. Yes you will need to tell cricket how to do their job if you want it done right. But it still might take 50 times before you find one (a rep) that will listen the first time.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Yahoo to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Skype™ to UndeadSquirrel

The guy (or girl? Hard to tell with those Pakistanis they always have in their call centers) said he refreshed my internet and mms, and told me to OTA after hanging up. Still didn't work.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadSquirrel View Post
The guy (or girl? Hard to tell with those Pakistanis they always have in their call centers) said he refreshed my internet and mms, and told me to OTA after hanging up. Still didn't work.
I would recommend going to a corp store or even a dealer where you are more likely to get better help face to face.
The one thing I've learned about cricket is cheap service = cheap customer support.
But rest assured it's not your phone and if your unsure you can try flashing my rom from my tutorial in the stickys that is fully set up for cricket.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b

I've never had this issue with ANY rom before. It's annoying.

I've called Cricket maybe 23 times about this, and they told me to call on another phone so they can manually program it. They had me shut off my phone for a few minutes, then boot it and OTA again. Still no go. So they told me they would submit this to their tech support department and I would hear back from them in 24 hours. Still haven't heard back and I still keep getting this error message. I'm tearing out my hair.

Last edited by UndeadSquirrel; 12-26-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: cricket

thesteve42 is a n00b

if i remember right u can use a longer timeout in the reg
Old 01-04-2010, 05:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b

I don't know if that was the issue or not. I reinstalled Arcsoft and it's working fine again. Except now the date stamps list only the date I received the message. That's kind of annoying, because the messages sometimes are out of order. Grrrr.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue