PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

ss0mohit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZ Navigator

you should be able to just install it.
and i'm sure you can add it online.
its a nice app, but i find it a bit too expensive for my taste, if you have unlimited data, aGPS might be a good thing for you.

the old phone was bricked? you should've brought it here for us!
-boy scout motto.
so please make my day.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:15 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyz525 View Post
does this cab install vz navigator?
Yes it does. The thing is, it is a subscription app so you have to pay Verizon a fee each month to use it. Verizon designed this as their exclusive gps app. That is why Agps comes locked on the Vogue on the shipped ROM. They locked gps for everything except this app so people would have to pay for their gps.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900

johnnyz525 is a n00b

I am OK with the subscription because like I said we use it on my wife's env3, she likes it and knows how to use it so it good for me because I can drive and she can input info.....

Quick question though, I saw on a thread over at xda that a guy had VZ Nav installed and was able to use GPS on Live Search and Google? By installing and excepting terms does it unlock the GPS for the phone or just for the VZ Nav app?

What I would like to do is use Google Nav in Android 1.6 which I am running from my SD....if I install VZ Nav will it allow GPS for Google, that's my question I guess....I am getting the replacement phone tomorrow so I will load the cab and see
Old 12-18-2009, 03:31 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyz525 View Post
I am OK with the subscription because like I said we use it on my wife's env3, she likes it and knows how to use it so it good for me because I can drive and she can input info.....

Quick question though, I saw on a thread over at xda that a guy had VZ Nav installed and was able to use GPS on Live Search and Google? By installing and excepting terms does it unlock the GPS for the phone or just for the VZ Nav app?

What I would like to do is use Google Nav in Android 1.6 which I am running from my SD....if I install VZ Nav will it allow GPS for Google, that's my question I guess....I am getting the replacement phone tomorrow so I will load the cab and see
I don't know if it will unlock gps for other apps. It may already be installed on your Vogue when you get it.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900

johnnyz525 is a n00b

Got my unit programmed and the VZ Nav works great.....

I tried using Google maps in Adnroid and I was getting a GPS Signal (Where I was not before installing VZ Nav)...but no lock....(I am in a big condo) so I am going to try when I am outside in the open to see.

Thanks for all the help guys
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
touch, vz navigator