PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices



Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Lmiller1708's Avatar
Flashaholic!
Offline
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: La Crosse, WI
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 873
Reputation: 2160
Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue PPCKitchen SYS UpDates (Com 2, 3, and 5) 11/12/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmcd72 View Post
You could probably do an "if exist" statement on the x86 program files folder and still have one bat file Otherwise I just edit the one you provide

I opened up the Vogue_Core_6.5.rar file, and planted the xip file inside of it (in the ROM directory with the other xip.BIN files). Is that what I should have done? ( I mean I've already done this part before the failed attempts)
I was thinking about that... But I think I will just wait until the new PPCKitchen comes out! Very soon!

Yup you did it right, when did you download the files?
__________________
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 11:56 AM
seanmcd72's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Vogue
Carrier: Alltel
Location: South
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18
Reputation: 25
seanmcd72 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue PPCKitchen SYS UpDates (Com 2, 3, and 5) 11/12/09

I downloaded them late that night of the 12th I think, seemed like it was after you mentioned some issues. I just tried getting the files from the other thread and saw the xip he uploaded from the "old kitchen" and still get the same thing. I'm doing a basic clean setup. I may try killing my kitchen and starting over with it.

**edit**
Well I give up - tried starting fresh - still get the same thing with a base Alltel install - freezes on second splash screen. Previous build did work, just not 23506. Vins 23506 rom does load for me...

Last edited by seanmcd72; 11-15-2009 at 03:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Lmiller1708's Avatar
Flashaholic!
Offline
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: La Crosse, WI
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 873
Reputation: 2160
Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue PPCKitchen SYS UpDates (Com 2, 3, and 5) 11/12/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmcd72 View Post
I downloaded them late that night of the 12th I think, seemed like it was after you mentioned some issues. I just tried getting the files from the other thread and saw the xip he uploaded from the "old kitchen" and still get the same thing. I'm doing a basic clean setup. I may try killing my kitchen and starting over with it.

**edit**
Well I give up - tried starting fresh - still get the same thing with a base Alltel install - freezes on second splash screen. Previous build did work, just not 23506. Vins 23506 rom does load for me...
can't give up...

Try the 23504 files on my second post. First try a clean ROM then start moving up...
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2009, 12:12 AM
seanmcd72's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Vogue
Carrier: Alltel
Location: South
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18
Reputation: 25
seanmcd72 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue PPCKitchen SYS UpDates (Com 2, 3, and 5) 11/12/09

Oh I had the previous 23504 build working fine. I am on call at the moment so I can't have my phone offline too much. If it wasn't for that I'd have it working by now!
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Lmiller1708's Avatar
Flashaholic!
Offline
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: La Crosse, WI
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 873
Reputation: 2160
Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue PPCKitchen SYS UpDates (Com 2, 3, and 5) 11/12/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmcd72 View Post
Oh I had the previous 23504 build working fine. I am on call at the moment so I can't have my phone offline too much. If it wasn't for that I'd have it working by now!
Do you have this working yet? If not attach your devicebase and buildbase text files or you can use pastebin.com.
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 12:56 AM
seanmcd72's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Vogue
Carrier: Alltel
Location: South
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18
Reputation: 25
seanmcd72 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue PPCKitchen SYS UpDates (Com 2, 3, and 5) 11/12/09

ahh now that you mention those - I opened up Vogue_WM6.5.txt

there is no xip.BIN listed for 23506, it stops at 23504 (under [BaseGroup] section)

I take it I need to add this line??? If so where did I go wrong with that?

That came from the Upgrade Files.rar file on the first post (current linked file has the same contents).

**EDIT**
Yes that was the issue, I'm now at the tap the screen to set up... screen. Thanks!
I'm about to buy a Droid phone but this will keep me busy for a while

Last edited by seanmcd72; 11-18-2009 at 01:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Lmiller1708's Avatar
Flashaholic!
Offline
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: La Crosse, WI
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 873
Reputation: 2160
Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue PPCKitchen SYS UpDates (Com 2, 3, and 5) 11/12/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmcd72 View Post
ahh now that you mention those - I opened up Vogue_WM6.5.txt

there is no xip.BIN listed for 23506, it stops at 23504 (under [BaseGroup] section)

I take it I need to add this line??? If so where did I go wrong with that?

That came from the Upgrade Files.rar file on the first post (current linked file has the same contents).

**EDIT**
Yes that was the issue, I'm now at the tap the screen to set up... screen. Thanks!
I'm about to buy a Droid phone but this will keep me busy for a while
Glad to see you got it working!
The new version of PPCK will no longer care about the XIP.bin files because the XIP is made on the fly. You will only need to update one other file too!
Coming very Soon!
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2009, 09:18 AM
microv's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11
Reputation: 20
microv is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue PPCKitchen SYS UpDates (Com 2, 3, and 5) 11/12/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Glad to see you got it working!
The new version of PPCK will no longer care about the XIP.bin files because the XIP is made on the fly. You will only need to update one other file too!
Coming very Soon!
I'm thinking about crerating my own ROM, since I don't need a lot of add ins.
I have followed all the directions for using PPCKitchen and have configured the 23506 ROM, as per your instructions. Should I choose items from the kitchen list or flash generic, for the first time? If I flash generic, are most of the programs that come with 23506 included?
Thanks
__________________
Carrier: Sprint
Device: Vogue
Radio: 3.42.50
ROM: WM 6.5.1 SYS 23506
Dialer: Stock
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Lmiller1708's Avatar
Flashaholic!
Offline
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: La Crosse, WI
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 873
Reputation: 2160
Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue PPCKitchen SYS UpDates (Com 2, 3, and 5) 11/12/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by microv View Post
I'm thinking about crerating my own ROM, since I don't need a lot of add ins.
I have followed all the directions for using PPCKitchen and have configured the 23506 ROM, as per your instructions. Should I choose items from the kitchen list or flash generic, for the first time? If I flash generic, are most of the programs that come with 23506 included?
Thanks
Welcome!

Flash a clean "generic" ROM first.
Then once that worked build your ROM selecting the items you want.
Have Fun!
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Lmiller1708's Avatar
Flashaholic!
Offline
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: La Crosse, WI
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 873
Reputation: 2160
Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue PPCKitchen SYS UpDates (Com 2, 3, and 5) 11/12/09

Updated First Post...
Removed most of the post anyways...
The new PPCKitchen has it all!

28002 will be coming out soon!

If you want any of the old build files just let me know!
Closed Thread

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Tags
ppc6900, ppckitchen, vogue

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com