PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][Updated 2/24/10]NagROM Touch[WM6.5.5 Build 23540][V0.18 Bare & V3.18 Manila

I am updating the links in the first post as Mediafire continues to have corruption issues.

Also, unfortunately, the time has come for my WM/WP ROMs to end. I have wiped out WM and flashed my Vogue with Linux/Android and will be devoting my time to learning and working on Android and Android phones. Especially after today's ridiculousness from Microsoft.

So, (barring anything crazy happening) this will be my final ROM, I hope it can carry you all until you get a new phone. I will check this thread from time to time. Thanks for all the donations and feedback. Maybe I will see you in the Android forums in the future. So long and farewell.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch 6900
Carrier: USCC

piperthedj is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to piperthedj
Re: [ROM][Updated 2/24/10]NagROM Touch[WM6.5.5 Build 23540][V0.18 Bare & V3.18 Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
I am updating the links in the first post as Mediafire continues to have corruption issues.

Also, unfortunately, the time has come for my WM/WP ROMs to end. I have wiped out WM and flashed my Vogue with Linux/Android and will be devoting my time to learning and working on Android and Android phones. Especially after today's ridiculousness from Microsoft.

So, (barring anything crazy happening) this will be my final ROM, I hope it can carry you all until you get a new phone. I will check this thread from time to time. Thanks for all the donations and feedback. Maybe I will see you in the Android forums in the future. So long and farewell.
tis a sad day. you shall be missed sir chef. your roms are good and thus appreciated.

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!
see you on the droid boards.
is there one you will frequent more than others?
Old 03-17-2010, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch

gjbnh is keeping up the good workgjbnh is keeping up the good work

Quote:

First,Thanks for all you contributions!! It has made windows mobile so much nicer to use. Your leaving seems to be a MAJOR trend among chefs which does not bode well for WM; Are you listening M$????? Another of your Major supporters is fleeing for greener fields!!

Second, I try to keep up on these things, but could you or someone else enlighten me as to what nonsense for M$ your referring to?
Old 03-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ROM][Finished 3/16/10]NagROM Touch[WM6.5.5 Build 23540][V0.18 Bare & V3.18 Manil

MS announced basically all the details of WP7 yesterday. The key parts are as follows:

No copy/cut/paste
No multitasking
No 3rd party apps from anywhere except the MS app store
No removable storage allowed
No 3rd party UIs
MS can remove an installed app from your phone
Etc

You get the picture. WP7 will basically be a crippled iPhone...

Here is a good summary:
http://msmobiles.com/news.php/9035.html

Screw you M$
Old 03-17-2010, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: [ROM][Finished 3/16/10]NagROM Touch[WM6.5.5 Build 23540][V0.18 Bare & V3.18 Manil

Quote:
MS announced basically all the details of WP7 yesterday. The key parts are as follows:

No copy/cut/paste
No multitasking
No 3rd party apps from anywhere except the MS app store
No removable storage allowed
No 3rd party UIs
MS can remove an installed app from your phone
Etc

You get the picture. WP7 will basically be a crippled iPhone...

Here is a good summary:
http://msmobiles.com/news.php/9035.html

Screw you M$
OK, I understand. I think this is positive proof that innovation doesn't flow from $$. I recently had a daughter in law buy an Ipod. I know next to nothing about it. I got to play with it for about 20 minutes; my verdict was WOW. But there were things I didn't like, most of all, being locked into Apple and lack of multitasking. No removable storage???? What brain dead engineer decided that???
M$ has become like Washington: Too arrogant to listen TO THE PEOPLE and only concerned about how much of our money they can get!!
No wonder people are leaving WM in droves. With SPB releasing their Shell for android I think that it is a sign of nails in M$ coffin as far as WM is concerned. They will only be able to survive by buying off as many Software houses as they can. Eye candy is fine, but if it doesn't function they way you want.....

I look forward to when you began to give us awesome builds of Android!! Via Open Source!!

Last edited by gjbnh; 03-17-2010 at 07:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue 6900, SGS9000i Android 4
Carrier: Bell

edgarpoe is becoming a great contributor

Hey if Android is performs better and internet sharing still works i'll be happy with anything!

If a was able to help you in any way please click the THANK'S button.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarpoe View Post
Hey if Android is performs better and internet sharing still works i'll be happy with anything!
Because the Android builds are being built by a very small group of people, there are small hiccups: but then again it's the same on "official" builds. Internet sharing works on some builds and not well on others, and performance varies, but gets better with each day, and you can test them WITHOUT having to re-flash your phone. But some builds have gotten sooo good that many people, including former Vogue chefs are now re-flashing to Android. Head over to the XDAs site and checkout the NEW Android Development Section for the Vogue site and have a look see. I especially recommend MYN's thread as his present efforts are just outstanding
Old 03-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

FYI, I'm not switching to building Android ROMs. I'm completely dropping M$ and going to Android phones. I will be learning to develop Android apps and programing. I plan on getting the Supersonic or Nexus One on Sprint in the next month or two.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
FYI, I'm not switching to building Android ROMs. I'm completely dropping M$ and going to Android phones. I will be learning to develop Android apps and programing. I plan on getting the Supersonic or Nexus One on Sprint in the next month or two.
Thanks for the clarification Nag But a guy can dream can't he?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint PCS

JFive is a n00b
Unhappy Re: [ROM][Finished 3/16/10]NagROM Touch[WM6.5.5 Build 23540][V0.18 Bare & V3.18 Manil

NagRom Nniuq! I might be right behind ya man; Right behind ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development