PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Updated NFSFAN ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81775)

mdjkim 08-31-2009 10:26 AM

Updated NFSFAN ROM

I enjoy using NFSFAN's ROMs and it's just been updated:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2378
NFSFAN's 6.5 21926 XIP/23001 SYS Hybrid V15 GENERIC CARRIER ROM

fixxxer2012 08-31-2009 03:14 PM

Re: Updated NFSFAN ROM

im sticking with v13, i hate the new manilla version. he updates his roms way too much for me, ill be darned if im gonna flash that much. ](*,)

jmitr 08-31-2009 10:36 PM

Hey Fixxxer,

I answered you on XDA, just curious though, what do you not like about the new Manila??

fixxxer2012 09-01-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmitr (Post 1131826)
Hey Fixxxer,

I answered you on XDA, just curious though, what do you not like about the new Manila??

two words = no customization!

deedeebulldog 09-01-2009 05:02 PM

I am having a huge amount of problems with V15. Too many to list. The biggest is when I soft reset, it hard resets. I am going back to V14.

Link9228 09-01-2009 05:21 PM

It doesn't seem like there are many changes from this one since v14... I think so far v13 was the best. v14 is much more attractive, but it's buggy... and judging by the changelog, nothing has been fixed (at least the bugs I've noticed). Also, there are more errors reported with this v than any other version I've seen/used (I've been using since version 7 or 8), so I think I'll wait until version 16. Thanks for the heads up though.

cyburke 09-01-2009 05:34 PM

i was looking forward to trying v15 but it sounds like from you guys that maybe its a no go right now... :(

wizziko 09-01-2009 06:12 PM

yea I have had a ton of problems with v15. I was recently on v12 which was amazing. Now I am having trouble when I flashed back to earlier ROMs.

jmitr 09-01-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 1133391)
two words = no customization!

Everytime a new version of Manila comes out old themes no longer work. When the footprints version came out, a new M2DC was required and old themes would mess up the calendar display on your homepage etc.

You can install / make new themes if you know what your doing. Untill the auther of M2DC makes a new version any new themes will have to be cab files or rar files. NFSFAN disabled several non-working / interfering widgets in V15 that did not play nice with M2DC. I have yet to try a new theme to test this.

This is what we have to put up with always loading the latest and greatest stuff on our devices. I'm sure the VGA M3D boys had to make new themes when 2.5 came out. Price we pay for being on the cutting edge!!

I made a black theme that runs fine with the new mega, you can see it below. I am in the process of editing the .xml to add the flip clocks back.

For the people in this thread with the hard reset and other issues, there are a few minor known issues with the ROM that any XDA user knows. Your problems are not one of them. It is a bad / improper flash

1. Flash from bootloader mode ONLY, let all customizations run
2. Hard reset, let all customizations run.
3. If you still have reset issues flash back to stock first then repeat

This is from NFSFAN himself. In my opinion the going back to stock step is only required when changing to a new sys / xip. My opinion, but when NFSFAN says flash from bootloader only, well..............flash from bootloader. He's the Chef, he should know.

I know there's the "triple flash" in Codybears's FAQ, hey most people that do that have no problems.

Cheers everyone.

Happily running V15 with NO ISSUES, awesome speed and battery performance, and a black theme for Mega (not a trace of brown ANYWHERE)

deedeebulldog 09-02-2009 07:49 PM

So Far so good. I flashed back to stock for half a day. Then flashed to V15, hard reset, and flash 2 more times. Still will not let me adjust the time in inital setup, but thats not a problem. Everything seems to be working great.