PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which theme should Vortex ROM keep?
Ibrythill Titanium WM7 10 43.48%
rpereira's Black Carbon 13 56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vortex ROM by Andrewwelton [07/17/09] *Minor Update*

Cool thanks, That's the first 2 cabs I install after I flash. The sprint dcd and the internet gps fix. I'll try this one though and see if it works.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

cointelbro is a n00b

I really like this ROM (very fast!) but your startup images are... pretty terrible

other than that, this is a fantastic piece of software!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

Andrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Andrewwelton

Thanks, I was hoping this ROM's speed would appeal to many... and yes I know the startup images are pretty brutal atm. I'm working on a better looking one :P
Old 07-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Almost a VIP

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Well crap the cab for gps didn't work for me. I'm still trying to figure out how to get garmin working on this rom. If anyone has gotten it to work, please let me know. But the rom has been working pretty well besides gps and the keyboard selection.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Andrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuff

Little update on V2 for all who are interested!
CHome Editor will now work perfectly
replace iContact BE with Easy Contact 1.1
Titanium weather *should* no longer continously try and update
The Biotouch.exe error has been fixed! (credit to ali3nfr3ak for this!)
Memory footprint in task manager back to an average of 29%
Still just as fast
New bootscreens
SIP Change included
New Keyboard? - Please post what keyboard(s) you would like!
UI still needs to be decided upon
And MAYBE e-Natives Showcase will be used as TaskManager

I have this version running on my phone right now. Will be testing it out and the new version *should* be out this week. As for the garmin issue, I have no clue, sorry
I dont use GPS and I dont have Garmin. I will see if I can possibly get some info from other chefs on this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Almost a VIP

Thanks for the update. The keyboard I like is full qwerty or something like that. I think it might be the touch pro full keyboard. I know it's in vins rom, just can't remember the name off hand. Hopefully you can get the gps thing worked out too.

Last edited by brack21; 07-19-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

nice one andrew....my rom community has disappointed me, so im delaying the new update on purpose in hopes someone finds a GPS fix for all the carriers, cause everyone is having problems
Old 07-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well brack, from what WDM told me about this GPS issue is that with carrier generic roms and the dcd carrier cabs, certain settings are being left out. So unfortuneately, it seems like we're going to have to wait for this issue to be solved.

As for keyboards, I am working on adding in the brand new EZInput QVGA keyboard and thanks to WDM suggestion, the Iolite Keyboard as well. If I can get them added correctly I will post screens of them later on today.

As for the UI votes across both boards (ppcgeeks, xda) have left it at a stalemate of 4-4. I am trying to get into contact with rpereira to see if its possible to turn the themes into applyable tsk's. If not the ROM will be going with Black Carbon as it seems the WM7 theme is causing some scrolling issues.

*EDIT* Bah, I'm horrible at making keyboard OEM's :P Will play around with the normal version with just fingerkeyboard, make sure it works properly with all the new stuff.
As for these two keyboards, I will simply just link them so if you want them you can install them.

Last edited by Andrewwelton; 07-20-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Almost a VIP

That sucks about the GPS. Oh well have to wait and see if there is a work around. I've started to experience some locking up while closing out of opera though.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yeah, opera's locked up on me a few times as well... no idea what the cause is unfortuneately. I did find the keyboard you were talking about, but again unfortuneately its not cooking into the rom properly but I can link to it when I upload the new version
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development