PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Has this thread helped you?
Yes 20 68.97%
No 9 31.03%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

snakehn is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch (aka Vogue, xv6900) Links!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
Haha, it's no big deal.
I just am trying to make it kind of a one stop shop for all of the "noobs" to go to. I hope to list everything that's inlcuded in each section in the table of contents,
but I've got more to add, so I'll be waiting for a lil while longer to do that.

Do you want the OEM to build your own rom?
If so I can do that, I only have the OEM.
But I'm not sure about the process to make a cab from an OEM.

@Duradil:
The *611 thing is for Alltel Customer Service too.
I think it's kind of the standard, but not quite sure.
thanks man, but i'm not jumping into the kitchen yet, i would like to get the cab.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

I just want to say I appreciate everything duradil and cody are doing. It is a great way to get the information you need if you are thinking of flashing a custom rom. I know if it wasn't for cody's FAQ's I wouldn't have attempted to flash. His one stop shop makes it really convenient to noobs like me.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Threadstarter

duradil is keeping up the good workduradil is keeping up the good work

My intent is to post links with brief descriptions for people to be able to grab what they need. I've got links to different FAQs and forums for people to get info, and I've got links to general items which are likely some of the most searched for.

As long as organization is kept..the list can continue to grow..and outdated items will be removed as it happens.

If I was able to help you, please hit the "Thanks" button for me!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

TheBigBentley is a n00b

Okay so Im almost through all this and have few questions. Im on VZW and flashed the sprint rom with radio then went up to the latest VZ Rom with 3.37.78 Radio then flashed the custom NFSFAN 6.1 Rom. Didnt let any customizations run except on the custom ROM, and so far so good. Only questions I have are from lack of experience with this method of getting gps to work.

I am able to get a gps lock however both google maps and Garmin have to be set to com port 4 and baud 4800. This is very diffrent from before as I would just set everything to Managed by Windows.... Is this the way it should be?

Secondly I tend to only get a lock on about 4 sats and it take almost 5 min to start picking them up. Is this normal? In Google Maps when it says searching for satalites it reads a bunch of random numbers until I get a gps lock.

As stated the only thing I have done so far is flash the roms in the order described. I havent done any QPST edits or used any carrier cabs only because Im not sure if it was nessicary since GPS works just kinda poorly.

Will carrier cabs effect authenticating the phone? I really dont want to do that again.

Any help is would be great!
Thanks!

Last edited by TheBigBentley; 06-05-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duradil View Post
My intent is to post links with brief descriptions for people to be able to grab what they need. I've got links to different FAQs and forums for people to get info, and I've got links to general items which are likely some of the most searched for.

As long as organization is kept..the list can continue to grow..and outdated items will be removed as it happens.
You're doing an excellent job at it.
I personally have to reorganize my faq.
I started to throw things in it, and its kinda one bit clusterf*ck now.
I hope to do that at the end of the weekend though once I add more stuff.
But keep at it Duradil, This is an excellent addition to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBentley View Post
Okay so Im almost through all this and have few questions. Im on VZW and flashed the sprint rom with radio then went up to the latest VZ Rom with 3.37.78 Radio then flashed the custom NFSFAN 6.1 Rom. Didnt let any customizations run except on the custom ROM, and so far so good. Only questions I have are from lack of experience with this method of getting gps to work.

I am able to get a gps lock however both google maps and Garmin have to be set to com port 4 and baud 4800. This is very diffrent from before as I would just set everything to Managed by Windows.... Is this the way it should be?

Secondly I tend to only get a lock on about 4 sats and it take almost 5 min to start picking them up. Is this normal? In Google Maps when it says searching for satalites it reads a bunch of random numbers until I get a gps lock.

As stated the only thing I have done so far is flash the roms in the order described. I havent done any QPST edits or used any carrier cabs only because Im not sure if it was nessicary since GPS works just kinda poorly.

Will carrier cabs effect authenticating the phone? I really dont want to do that again.

Any help is would be great!
Thanks!
what you need is aGPS(it uses data though)
and Quick GPS.

Message me about them if needed.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Threadstarter

duradil is keeping up the good workduradil is keeping up the good work

Quote:

No, you should be able to get GPS as managed by windows...and follow codybear's advise, you should be fine.

Last edited by duradil; 06-06-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:16 AM
VIP Member

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duradil View Post
No, you should be able to get GPS as managed by windows...and follow codybear's advise, you should be fine.
I would send him to your thread for the aGPS.....But.......
Old 06-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

TheBigBentley is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
I would send him to your thread for the aGPS.....But.......
OOOO But what? lol plz point me in the right direction if you would so kindly
Old 06-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i225
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

ngmere is a n00b

Is that USCC (which I am assuming is U.S. Cellular?) cab the cab I need to reset my phone back to the factory settings? I love this thread!! Just wish I could find more things for my uscc touch Not much out there, is there?
Old 06-14-2009, 06:44 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
OOOO But what? lol plz point me in the right direction if you would so kindly
Check out my faq, I was thinking it was in his thread already.
but his are the fixes to get gps to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngmere View Post
Is that USCC (which I am assuming is U.S. Cellular?) cab the cab I need to reset my phone back to the factory settings? I love this thread!! Just wish I could find more things for my uscc touch Not much out there, is there?
YEah, that carrier cab was takin from my faq,
which was taken from dcd's website. (Thanks DCD!)
and what carrier cabs do is installs the info needed
to get data, sms, calls, gps to work.
(If they are already working in the custom rom you're using,
there's no need to install them)
*They do not restore your phone to a stock rom*
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development