PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 02:16 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Updated 5/2/09 Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Here is a drop in PPCK and build WM6.5 Kitchen.

VGA Pics from Herman:

SYS 21198 WM6.5

SYS 21202 WM6.5

Devices:
Apache
Herman
Titan
Vogue
Victor (untested)

SYS 21215 Herman & Vogue only

Useage Instructions are in the READ ME in download. You must Download the SYS and your device(s) core. Please read the "Read Me" in SYS 21198 or SYS 21202 download before posting any troubleshooting. BE WARNED MANY OEMS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WM6.5. It is not a SYS problem per se but an OEM issue so start with small selections and work up to figure out the oem issue yourself before posting "My herman volume key doesn't work etc."

YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR DEVICE CORE WITH EVERY NEW SYS AND INSTALL THE NEW CORE & "YOUR DEVICE"_WM6.5_Drellisdee.txt. FAILURE TO DO THIS WILL RESULT IN A ROM THAT GETS STUCK AT SPLASH.

PLEASE GIVE DA_G at XDA A DONATION for all his work on this SYS : Support my work! (DA_G's)

Upon request IF you feel the need to donate and IF you have already donated to DA_G, ppcgeeks.com, and ppckitchen.org donations to myself are at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=4382896

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 05-02-2009 at 07:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 48 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:16 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

For the more advanced here is a zip of the windows live 21198 stuff I removed from sys. If you don't know how to intregrate this into the PPCK oems its not for you. I attached a oem for 6.5 WM live that will not .dsm conflict with the 6.1 Windows live thats in the PPCK_OEM.rar. Check out the read me inside for useage. Fixed OEM 4/06 for Greloc.

If you are having trouble with the autofill of names in messaging app the fix is here:

Code:
; Kill T9
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\e0010409]
"Layout Text"="comp IME"
"Ime File"="\windows\compime.dll"
"Keyboard Layout"="00000409"
or

Code:
; Fix SMS issue; prevent name suggestion popup 
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\RecipientAutocomplete]
"MaxSuggestions"=dword:00000000
Attached Files
File Type: rar 21198_removed.rar (1.26 MB, 194 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar Windows Live Oem.rar (1.07 MB, 70 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fixxxer2012; 02-07-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: invalid links.
This post has been thanked 37 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:17 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Reserved for updates
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for this thread.. going to start trying to cook up my own ROM based on 6.5 as soon as I can figure out all the goodies you and others have put out there for others to work with

Detroit Doug

Old 03-31-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV 6900
Carrier: Verizon

chronodrago is keeping up the good workchronodrago is keeping up the good work

omg you are pretty much awesome! ive been trying to figure out how to make a rom without a kitchen but....it wasnt working out too well haha thanks man! ill start on one later today. =D
Old 03-31-2009, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Money-theiving VZW

xd1936 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to xd1936

This is so freaking exciting! I'm doing this TONIGHT!
Any huge bugs?

Old 03-31-2009, 03:18 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd1936 View Post
This is so freaking exciting! I'm doing this TONIGHT!
Any huge bugs?
Nope been using it for 2 days on Touch Pro. You might have to build a few times to leave out a few buggy oems but the sys is great. Only bug I've found is the native windows alarm which rings for about .5 sec and then dings the reminder sound. I use G-Alarm so this isn't a big deal to me. That and change your ring from windows_standard which seems to be corrupted.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 03-31-2009 at 04:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700
Carrier: Sprint

markorious is a n00b

I am trying to follow direction #4
"Place your device appropriate "your device"_WM6.5_Drellisdee into projects/groups/Devicebases".

However, the file within the "apache_WM_65" is a .rar file and I believe it should be a text file.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again
Old 03-31-2009, 04:02 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markorious View Post
I am trying to follow direction #4
"Place your device appropriate "your device"_WM6.5_Drellisdee into projects/groups/Devicebases".

However, the file within the "apache_WM_65" is a .rar file and I believe it should be a text file.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again
Good eye I left it out on apache by accident. The rar goes into kitchen directory and the txt goes into device bases. I'm re-uploading apache core now.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Apache_WM6.5_Drellisdee.txt (799 Bytes, 179 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 03-31-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Money-theiving VZW

xd1936 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to xd1936

In regards to the zzzzz6.5 Autorun oem, what autorun are you referring to? Do we need this OEM if we want to use the /windows/startup folder?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development