PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Updated 5/2/09 Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63114)

Getitnowmarketing 03-31-2009 02:16 PM

Updated 5/2/09 Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Here is a drop in PPCK and build WM6.5 Kitchen.

VGA Pics from Herman:
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL225.../360032887.jpg http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL225.../360032890.jpg http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL225.../360032888.jpg

SYS 21198 WM6.5

SYS 21202 WM6.5

Devices:
Apache
Herman
Titan
Vogue
Victor (untested)

SYS 21215 Herman & Vogue only

Useage Instructions are in the READ ME in download. You must Download the SYS and your device(s) core. Please read the "Read Me" in SYS 21198 or SYS 21202 download before posting any troubleshooting. BE WARNED MANY OEMS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WM6.5. It is not a SYS problem per se but an OEM issue so start with small selections and work up to figure out the oem issue yourself before posting "My herman volume key doesn't work etc."

YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR DEVICE CORE WITH EVERY NEW SYS AND INSTALL THE NEW CORE & "YOUR DEVICE"_WM6.5_Drellisdee.txt. FAILURE TO DO THIS WILL RESULT IN A ROM THAT GETS STUCK AT SPLASH.

PLEASE GIVE DA_G at XDA A DONATION for all his work on this SYS : Support my work! (DA_G's)

Upon request IF you feel the need to donate and IF you have already donated to DA_G, ppcgeeks.com, and ppckitchen.org donations to myself are at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=4382896

Getitnowmarketing 03-31-2009 02:16 PM

Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

2 Attachment(s)
For the more advanced here is a zip of the windows live 21198 stuff I removed from sys. If you don't know how to intregrate this into the PPCK oems its not for you. I attached a oem for 6.5 WM live that will not .dsm conflict with the 6.1 Windows live thats in the PPCK_OEM.rar. Check out the read me inside for useage. Fixed OEM 4/06 for Greloc.

If you are having trouble with the autofill of names in messaging app the fix is here:

Code:

; Kill T9
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\e0010409]
"Layout Text"="comp IME"
"Ime File"="\windows\compime.dll"
"Keyboard Layout"="00000409"

or

Code:

; Fix SMS issue; prevent name suggestion popup
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\RecipientAutocomplete]
"MaxSuggestions"=dword:00000000

Getitnowmarketing 03-31-2009 02:17 PM

Reserved for updates

detroit_doug 03-31-2009 02:44 PM

Thanks for this thread.. going to start trying to cook up my own ROM based on 6.5 as soon as I can figure out all the goodies you and others have put out there for others to work with :)

Detroit Doug

chronodrago 03-31-2009 02:59 PM

omg you are pretty much awesome! ive been trying to figure out how to make a rom without a kitchen but....it wasnt working out too well haha thanks man! ill start on one later today. =D

xd1936 03-31-2009 03:15 PM

This is so freaking exciting! I'm doing this TONIGHT!
Any huge bugs?

Getitnowmarketing 03-31-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xd1936 (Post 813498)
This is so freaking exciting! I'm doing this TONIGHT!
Any huge bugs?

Nope been using it for 2 days on Touch Pro. You might have to build a few times to leave out a few buggy oems but the sys is great. Only bug I've found is the native windows alarm which rings for about .5 sec and then dings the reminder sound. I use G-Alarm so this isn't a big deal to me. That and change your ring from windows_standard which seems to be corrupted.

markorious 03-31-2009 03:36 PM

I am trying to follow direction #4
"Place your device appropriate "your device"_WM6.5_Drellisdee into projects/groups/Devicebases".

However, the file within the "apache_WM_65" is a .rar file and I believe it should be a text file.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again

Getitnowmarketing 03-31-2009 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by markorious (Post 813542)
I am trying to follow direction #4
"Place your device appropriate "your device"_WM6.5_Drellisdee into projects/groups/Devicebases".

However, the file within the "apache_WM_65" is a .rar file and I believe it should be a text file.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again

Good eye I left it out on apache by accident. The rar goes into kitchen directory and the txt goes into device bases. I'm re-uploading apache core now.

xd1936 03-31-2009 04:12 PM

In regards to the zzzzz6.5 Autorun oem, what autorun are you referring to? Do we need this OEM if we want to use the /windows/startup folder?

Getitnowmarketing 03-31-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xd1936 (Post 813623)
In regards to the zzzzz6.5 Autorun oem, what autorun are you referring to? Do we need this OEM if we want to use the /windows/startup folder?

If you want to use autorun or sdautorun (UC) or both you need to select that oem in addition to normal autorun and sdautorun which puts a checkautorun.lnk thats compatible with 6.5 it will prompt overwrite which you should select yes. If you don't use either autorun or sdautorun don't select it. Its the "customizations will load in 3 seconds" one.

xd1936 03-31-2009 04:23 PM

Gotcha, thanks!

Whosdaman 03-31-2009 04:24 PM

I will be adding this to my collection

spetrillo 03-31-2009 06:30 PM

Way to go Drellisdee!

I will be giving this a try tonight. I am excited!

Steve

xd1936 03-31-2009 06:42 PM

This is absolutely fantastic! Thank you for your work...

I know this had already been asked, but I've found conflicting answers. Is there an easy way to auto-lock with the WM6.5 lock screen on power-off? I could've sworn I read a Reg Entry somewhere...

1loudsvt 03-31-2009 06:50 PM

look in xda in the dev and hacking section for autolock it is for 6.1 but works fine

Whosdaman 03-31-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xd1936 (Post 813985)
This is absolutely fantastic! Thank you for your work...

I know this had already been asked, but I've found conflicting answers. Is there an easy way to auto-lock with the WM6.5 lock screen on power-off? I could've sworn I read a Reg Entry somewhere...

Use Device Lock 1.2

I think I have the cab uploaded somewhere

vin255764 03-31-2009 07:51 PM

Looks like we have a party overhere :)

bx718bklyn 03-31-2009 09:23 PM

Good Looks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eagle63 03-31-2009 09:50 PM

Looks cool guys, one question though: how is performance? Acceptable, or pretty sluggish? I can put up with a few things not working, but sluggishness is a non-starter for me. Impressive stuff regardless.

chronodrago 03-31-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle63 (Post 814432)
Looks cool guys, one question though: how is performance? Acceptable, or pretty sluggish? I can put up with a few things not working, but sluggishness is a non-starter for me. Impressive stuff regardless.

amazingly fast actually. i havent even upgraded the file cache (and all that) using advanced config yet and its moving realyl smooth, and very responsive. this is with the defualt 24 mb pp, usually i use 32. :mrgreen:

eagle63 03-31-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronodrago (Post 814450)
amazingly fast actually. i havent even upgraded the file cache (and all that) using advanced config yet and its moving realyl smooth, and very responsive. this is with the defualt 24 mb pp, usually i use 32. :mrgreen:

Really?? So compared to a stock rom on the Vogue this is pretty quick? That's cool. How well do 3rd party apps work? Any major incompatibilities found yet? I've been using OMJ's stable ROM for a number of months now, and while it's been a very good ROM I was thinking about cooking my own ROM just for something different. But if 6.5 is getting to the point of being a solid day-to-day ROM then maybe I should just go for that instead...?

chronodrago 03-31-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle63 (Post 814498)
Really?? So compared to a stock rom on the Vogue this is pretty quick? That's cool. How well do 3rd party apps work? Any major incompatibilities found yet? I've been using OMJ's stable ROM for a number of months now, and while it's been a very good ROM I was thinking about cooking my own ROM just for something different. But if 6.5 is getting to the point of being a solid day-to-day ROM then maybe I should just go for that instead...?

Everything seems to be checking out so far. i installed htc album, audio manager, volumecontrol, diamond keyboard, opan canvas, comm manager, microsoft office, sktools, nodata, end key, among others.
so far those all work. large title bar doesnt work, it automatically selects the commanager button ](*,) so im trying to use one i OEMed from the iolite rom.

only REAL problem i have right now is trying to change the defualt programs and the softkeys for the today screen. i cant make the program by defualt open htc album through the all pictures softkey. and the music is still being played through WMP.

the user interface is the same as before. Im trying to figure out what vin255764 did to his ui to make it so much more finger friendly.

the bottom bar doesnt seem to be affected by today themes, workin one why.

and the htc rhodium enhancement didnt work either for me.

and neither is usb....

deathmetalscottie 03-31-2009 10:48 PM

ok this is a really n00b question but how do I load this? The last ROM I installed from Dette had it all compiled into a RUU.

chronodrago 03-31-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathmetalscottie (Post 814583)
ok this is a really n00b question but how do I load this? The last ROM I installed from Dette had it all compiled into a RUU.

haha no worries. umm...have you ever used the PPC Kitchen? if not, here are the links to the kitchen and a tutorial to use it.
http://www.ppckitchen.org/forums/loc...ks.php?catid=4
http://ppckitchen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=301

from there you take the files for your phone that Drellisdee gave to us, and follow the instructions that i believe are within the core file? if not its in the other rar file. my suggestion though is to not try cooking your own 6.5 rom yet and do some 6.1 first since this is having some issues with all the OEMs, if you dont have any previous experience.

im sure one of the people trying to cook some roms right now would be happy to share with you though. I can, but I'm working out a few bugs atm. :mrgreen:

Getitnowmarketing 03-31-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronodrago (Post 814566)
Everything seems to be checking out so far. i installed htc album, audio manager, volumecontrol, diamond keyboard, opan canvas, comm manager, microsoft office, sktools, nodata, end key, among others.
so far those all work. large title bar doesnt work, it automatically selects the commanager button ](*,) so im trying to use one i OEMed from the iolite rom.

only REAL problem i have right now is trying to change the defualt programs and the softkeys for the today screen. i cant make the program by defualt open htc album through the all pictures softkey. and the music is still being played through WMP.

the user interface is the same as before. Im trying to figure out what vin255764 did to his ui to make it so much more finger friendly.

the bottom bar doesnt seem to be affected by today themes, workin one why.

and the htc rhodium enhancement didnt work either for me.

and neither is usb....

The opening of WMP and default pics is coded into the titanium cpr's I believe so it cannot be set without modding those files. That would be a great question for the titanium weather people or the modders. Try leaving out touchflo as it will speed up the titanium.

chronodrago 03-31-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drellisdee (Post 814612)
The opening of WMP and default pics is coded into the titanium cpr's I believe so it cannot be set without modding those files. That would be a great question for the titanium weather people or the modders. Try leaving out touchflo as it will speed up the titanium.

i recooked a rom. large title bar works, although i cant find the oem for enlarge (the one with the little box that opens up). usb works fine.

and i stopped using touchflo a long time ago :mrgreen:

also, for some reason THIS time i cooked it, the today themes worked perfectly fine. lol last time it left the bottom bar unskinned. this time it worked.... :scratch:

now that i got the usb connection im gonna try the customization of the titanium plugin, i got a cab that apparently does that.

Wizzard 04-01-2009 12:00 AM

Drellisdee, I downloaded everything and followed the instructions to put the files in the proper Kitchen folders.

When I run the kitchen, I get an error "unknown OS." When I click "ok" the program continues to load. The next error is "configuration OS () does not match kitchen OS (WM6.5)

I tried several builds and finally a build without selecting anything in the kitchen. When I began the build, I get an error "unknown OS type" and then "OS type not selected." The OS type is "greyed out" and can not be selected.

The build status process continues until it begins "initializing" and then I get an error saying " the given key was not present in the dictionary."

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you for your work.

vin255764 04-01-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drellisdee (Post 814612)

Do you know where exactly this titanium located...Like for manilla-its in manila2d.exe.Is there a titanium.exe or something like that?
I wanna see,whats inside of that thing...

chronodrago 04-01-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vin255764 (Post 814889)
Do you know where exactly this titanium located...Like for manilla-its in manila2d.exe.Is there a titanium.exe or something like that?

in the windows directory ive found .cpr files with titanium in the file name with various resolution sizes. Thats the only thing that shows up when i do find though....

Getitnowmarketing 04-01-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vin255764 (Post 814889)

BronzeNonEA in sys. /windows in phone

Getitnowmarketing 04-01-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzard (Post 814803)
Drellisdee, I downloaded everything and followed the instructions to put the files in the proper Kitchen folders.

When I run the kitchen, I get an error "unknown OS." When I click "ok" the program continues to load. The next error is "configuration OS () does not match kitchen OS (WM6.5)

I tried several builds and finally a build without selecting anything in the kitchen. When I began the build, I get an error "unknown OS type" and then "OS type not selected." The OS type is "greyed out" and can not be selected.

The build status process continues until it begins "initializing" and then I get an error saying " the given key was not present in the dictionary."

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you for your work.

Did you miss step 5?
5). Backup your BuildOS_config ie rename it BuildOS_config_stock and place the included BuildOS_config in BuildOs folder

It goes in Program Files/PPCKithcen.org/BuildOS

chronodrago 04-01-2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drellisdee (Post 814934)
BronzeNonEA in sys. /windows in phone

im only finding bronzeres.dll and bronzeres.96.dll :scratch:

Getitnowmarketing 04-01-2009 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronodrago (Post 814976)
im only finding bronzeres.dll and bronzeres.96.dll :scratch:

Its Titanium_240x320.cpr etc. In sys folder BronzeNonEA in kitchen. Windows dir after cooking.

chronodrago 04-01-2009 01:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah, well i finally opened them up, but theres nothing there about softkeys. Not a single mention of it. Just seemed to have all the data for the text and images that showed up, no links though. Any suggestions on where I should begin my search in the registry?

EDIT: Nvm I found them. HKLM/Software/Microsoft/CHome

EDIT2: I figured out how to edit the various softkeys in Titanium. And then shortly found a tutorial in another forum on how to do it....lol

Anyways here it is.
Code:

Added Titanium Customization tutorial
==============
SK2TEXT = the name which it will be shown on the right key
SK2URL = the path where the program is located to run.

The CHome is located in registry under \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Chome\.
For example i want to change the CClock tab to open my desirable Alarm application instead of WM default.
1. Disable Titanium.
2. You need to browse to \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Chome\CClock and change the SK2URL to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Clock.lnk (if you are using Samsung alarm).
3. Enable Titanium. Thats it.

And here is the customizer for it to enable/disable the various tabs.

Wizzard 04-01-2009 03:22 AM

Drellisdee, That appears to have solved the problem! I don't know what I did, I thought I followed the instructions but, I guess not!

Thank you very much!!!

I will try a build tomorrow or today, I guess!!!???

mike_g 04-01-2009 08:51 AM

Help, im getting a message when i open the build os saying

Module Kitchen\Apache_core_drellisdee.rar was not found

i double checked the read me and follow instructions located in apache_WM_65.rar and 21198.rar

any suggestions?

spetrillo 04-01-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronodrago (Post 814922)
in the windows directory ive found .cpr files with titanium in the file name with various resolution sizes. Thats the only thing that shows up when i do find though....

Let me know how you make out with this. I am working on the same thing.

Steve

Edit: Nvm just saw the post above me.

spetrillo 04-01-2009 09:17 AM

Well I can say that this is a great kitchen. I cooked up a first ROM with nothing added to see how it operated, and it was operating really nicely. I then took the full plunge and put all my OEMs into the second ROM, and most OEMS are working flawlessly.

I am having small issues with my dialer and messaging. I am continuing to work through it all but I give it two thumbs up right now.

Way to go DrellisDee!

Steve

Getitnowmarketing 04-01-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_g (Post 815363)
Help, im getting a message when i open the build os saying

Module Kitchen\Apache_core_drellisdee.rar was not found

i double checked the read me and follow instructions located in apache_WM_65.rar and 21198.rar

any suggestions?

Make sure Apache_WM6.5_Drellisdee is in device bases and select that for the create new project. The correct txt file looks for Apache_Core_Drellisdee_WM65.rar (which should be in kitchens folder) not Apache_core_drellisdee.rar