PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Updated 5/2/09 Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63114)

Getitnowmarketing 04-04-2009 01:28 PM

Re: Drellisdee WM6.5 PPC Kitchen

Quote:

Originally Posted by joojoobee666 (Post 823112)
G'Reloc pukes when I use this OEM, anyone else?

if you get greloc errors on windows live oem you will need to use a tool called rec mod which i think is in tools folder in ppck. You have to use rec mod from cmd prompt to change modules to files 1 by 1 and them put the all the windows live oems with files instead of modules into user oem. Its a PITA but doesnt seem to error on all computers.

joojoobee666 04-04-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drellisdee (Post 823441)
if you get greloc errors on windows live oem you will need to use a tool called rec mod which i think is in tools folder in ppck. You have to use rec mod from cmd prompt to change modules to files 1 by 1 and them put the all the windows live oems with files instead of modules into user oem. Its a PITA but doesnt seem to error on all computers.

:???:
Forgive my ignorance, but could you possibly clarify this a bit more for? Thanks :D

spetrillo 04-04-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drellisdee (Post 823011)
There isnt really a cab or oem for the IE6. I posted in the 6.5 dev thread about how to use IE6 in wm6.5 istead of IE8. FYI tomtom runs like a champ on wm6.5.

Hmmm when I look in device information it still lists the browser version as MSIE 6.0. Is there an IE8 and how do you activate it?

Steve

sshark 04-04-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redskykiter (Post 819327)
Does anyone else get the:

"A secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection could not be established"

It's for my gmail account and I seem to only get the message with the screen off. It works fine when on???

I can also confirm this. Compared to awesome 6.5, this pain is bearable.

ruslan 04-05-2009 01:10 AM

Running this for few days now with all my usual oems. No major problems. Thanks for this nice build.

I have issue with Internet Sharing. After its connected to PC via USB, pressing disconect doesn't do anything. If USB wire disconnected it still shows as connected and can't be turned off via X button. The rest of the phone works fine, but if powered off it won't come on with power button and has to be soft reset.

I haven't tried cooking bare rom and testing.

josh_boyd90 04-05-2009 12:09 PM

thank you for this im cooking up one now

dgege 04-05-2009 02:01 PM

Awesome stuff! I cooked myself a rom and everything seems working well except one big problem. The Diamond keyboard doesn't seem to work... the QWERTY doesn't popup and the other one doesn't output any characters. I tried search, didn't find anything.
Any idea?

Getitnowmarketing 04-05-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgege (Post 825440)
Awesome stuff! I cooked myself a rom and everything seems working well except one big problem. The Diamond keyboard doesn't seem to work... the QWERTY doesn't popup and the other one doesn't output any characters. I tried search, didn't find anything.
Any idea?

Oem is broken on newer 6.1 and 6.5 builds. There is a cab on xda that works

dgege 04-05-2009 02:06 PM

Thx for the quick response! I haven't cooked a rom in a while and last time I did, it was working. I'll go hunting for that cab then, thx!

snthon 04-05-2009 03:54 PM

Is there a newer build available for the Vogue yet? or does it look like were stuck on this for a bit longer?