PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Telecom

divxmaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OpenGL Driver

Just to confirm, I presume this is a software OpenGL emulation? i.e, no hardware acceleration?
Thats certainly the way it appears. btw, this driver appears already installed in WDM's latest rom? (which is awesome). Unless something else I installed loaded it.

Cheers,
Divxmaster
Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: bell

commandant83 is a n00b

there seems to be a difference in opinion on this subject both on xda and here in reference to whether we can have hardware acceleration with the vogue. it is my understanding that dzo has made this possible with android, and yes i have tried his build, and its fast. i dont think he's got it taking full advantage of hardware acceleration, however, just some is a start, and is alot farther than what we have now. in light of this, we should be able to extend this to winmo as well.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Mine and NFSFAN's ROM already have this dll in our roms...

And no you don't have to change the name of the file or anything, it's good to go as is
Old 04-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Lurker

divxmaster is a n00b

Hi, that is very interesting re the h/w accel on android, but also puzzling as from my brief investigations (I havent read all 88 pages!!), it appears that android is launched via haret.exe, which runs on top of ppc wm6.1. So it would be odd that the base os cant do accel (and CANT being the operative word), but an overlaying program can? Edit: lol, small world - one of the guys working on android is at massey university in NZ, about an hour drive from me. - Also , tried android, yeah opengl es seems accelerated, trying to load neocore.apk now to do a real test... WHOA, thats awesome. If you havent seen it , check it out! 24.2 fps, and its quite a complicated scene. Some guy has posted it on youtube on the vogue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BADoe5WgsgA. wow, never thought I would see accelerated 3d on my okta touch. woohoo. Of course, telecom nz are discontinuing cdma in a couple of years.

slightly off topic, I have been playing with java jbed games on my vogue, and have got all the hw keys working remapped via akemap.. Before I post a guide on this, just wanted to check if anyone knows if one has been done already? I have searched forum and found nothing (apart from a complicated java based key remap).

Cheers,
Divxmaster.

Last edited by divxmaster; 04-30-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4r4n View Post
all you have to do is add it? what has been your feel on how it changes performance?

Where exactly do you add it?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Lurker

divxmaster is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegimus View Post
Where exactly do you add it?
Put libGLES_CM.dll from the package into \windows on your device.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by divxmaster View Post
Put libGLES_CM.dll from the package into \windows on your device.

Thanks. That's what I did. Was hoping it would help the choppiness of my HTC YouTube program. Didn't seem to help. ( I'm using 21501)
Where do you notice the difference?
Old 04-30-2009, 05:30 AM
Lurker

divxmaster is a n00b

Err,I have no idea what it actually does, well apart from being an opengl es software driver, but as to what uses that in the interface, if anything, ask WDM, he may know.

Cheers,
Divxmaster.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

The only place you will see differences is in anything that uses the videos on your phone, youtube is chopping because the streaming needs a master internet to keep up.....not the video

If you load the whole video then play it, it works perfect (at least for me it does)
Old 05-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

here is a software on .cab-for demo and tests and a driver itself.put dll into windows,then install cab,so you can see what it does

full test may take few min,so do not panic
Attached Files
File Type: zip GLBenchmark_Community_Full_1_02.zip (2.09 MB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development