PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Conflippers Test Vogue WM 6.5 Roms

Hey, i've been searching, but i couldn't find anything about this. Is there any way to get WM6.5's Today Screen "Titanium" as a cab to install on older devices? I have a vogue with WM6.1, and i think it would be a cool addition since this rom is great, but not exactly functionally as of now. If anyone has any info please share Also, the honeycomb would be amazing, but i know that would be a bit more difficult. Thanks!

If not, when could we be looking forward to a more functional version of this rom?
Old 02-28-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC VOGUE
Carrier: Bell

Moekind is just getting started

can someone cook up a new vogue rom with the new build
Old 02-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukay View Post
Hey, i've been searching, but i couldn't find anything about this. Is there any way to get WM6.5's Today Screen "Titanium" as a cab to install on older devices? I have a vogue with WM6.1, and i think it would be a cool addition since this rom is great, but not exactly functionally as of now. If anyone has any info please share Also, the honeycomb would be amazing, but i know that would be a bit more difficult. Thanks!

If not, when could we be looking forward to a more functional version of this rom?
Good luck getting the titanium plug in. I heard that it was hard enough to port the GUI over into these 6.5 roms. So highly unlikely.

***ZEBRAPPC***

zebra cases are for L337 pimps.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

this rom is cool and everything but cant use it yet way too many bugs cant wait for all this to get fixed hopefully
Old 03-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: SPRINT

lrddp is a n00b

This Rom is good a lots of bugs

could not get sms to work but over all it was fast and its a good rom
Old 03-03-2009, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

xxmillertimexx is just getting started

Most of you are saying it was fast, but for me it seemed kind of slow. I'm going to give you my feedback here ConFlipper because I know feedback always helps Developers.

First of all it's kind of iffy, especially at the home screen. Sometimes it wants to move, and others it takes a little more then one swipe, and I think the animation with the slide of the bar to the different actions would be nice because I don't know what to stop at because I don't see the bar.

For me, at least, its slow. I'm Alltel, and maybe it's because my Vogue is sucky, but its a little on the slower side but what do I expect for a beta?

The animations on the Honeycomb menu are slow too, VERY slow. I know thats fixable so no worries.

One major problem was Active-Sync. In the beginning before it "Customized the Device in 3 Seconds" it would connect, but then when the ROM reloaded it wouldn't connect for anything so I had to revert back to the very beginning with a hard reset and a ROM change.

SMS doesn't work either...when you tap the message it freezes for a couple of seconds, and then refreshes...but never loads the message.

One minor, minor thing I noticed too was the Command drop down list that you close programs in. It doesn't match the background at all...almost like a random green color.

I'm just trying to help. I see GREAT potential, and I expect all of these in a Beta. Thanks for sharing and I hope I helped! Can't wait to see the final product. Keep us updated and I'll be waiting for any changes.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch

josh_boyd90 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmillertimexx View Post
Most of you are saying it was fast, but for me it seemed kind of slow. I'm going to give you my feedback here ConFlipper because I know feedback always helps Developers.

First of all it's kind of iffy, especially at the home screen. Sometimes it wants to move, and others it takes a little more then one swipe, and I think the animation with the slide of the bar to the different actions would be nice because I don't know what to stop at because I don't see the bar.

For me, at least, its slow. I'm Alltel, and maybe it's because my Vogue is sucky, but its a little on the slower side but what do I expect for a beta?

The animations on the Honeycomb menu are slow too, VERY slow. I know thats fixable so no worries.

One major problem was Active-Sync. In the beginning before it "Customized the Device in 3 Seconds" it would connect, but then when the ROM reloaded it wouldn't connect for anything so I had to revert back to the very beginning with a hard reset and a ROM change.

SMS doesn't work either...when you tap the message it freezes for a couple of seconds, and then refreshes...but never loads the message.

One minor, minor thing I noticed too was the Command drop down list that you close programs in. It doesn't match the background at all...almost like a random green color.

I'm just trying to help. I see GREAT potential, and I expect all of these in a Beta. Thanks for sharing and I hope I helped! Can't wait to see the final product. Keep us updated and I'll be waiting for any changes.
I felt the exact same way about this rom
Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800 s10onn2o 1.0.0 rom
Carrier: VERIZON

s10onn2o is just getting started

I just got my vouge today, I got 6.5 running pretty good on the titan and im going to start now with vouge since its my new phone so in the next couple of days i should have a pretty clean (and basic) 6.5 to play with then well start from there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development