PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 04:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Official LEAKED Verizon ROM OS only(!) for download.

Preface: This is not for everyone! This is for people to use for troubleshooting and learning purposes.

NOTE: If you want to discuss the leaked ROM with the GPS fix that I made please come to thread:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47174
Otherwise this thread should be left for the discussion of the OS ONLY DOWNLOAD.

I dissembled the "official" LEAKED Verizon ROM as an experiment and a verification that the tools I have will work for building ROM's with the Vogue. They were successful. I ripped apart the "official" LEAKED rom version and posted it to my site. The original thread for the leaked ROM can be found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43741

You can download and experiment as you wish. As always you are responsible for what you do to you your device!

Files can be found here:

www.scottcrosler.com/vogue/

Verizon CE OS Version: 5.2.19212 (Build 19212.1.0.3)
Bell CE OS Version: 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1)
I have a CUstom Stock VZW ROM. Its a Stock ROM with the standard GPS drivers. If you have an unlocked Vogue and want to run the VZW latest release which is a littler new than other stock ROMS then this is for you. See post #8 for more details.

NOTE 1: DONT LET CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN!!!!
NOTE 2: I have no clue about the GPS functionality at this time! If you want to experiment and post results then please do so. Once I get done with some more testing on creating a kitchen I will test the GPS functionality.
NOTE 3: I am still trying to figure out what 3_Unknown-785.nb is, either extended ROM or Radio. See this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46979

My First Official Vogue Project: I am working on making this into a kitchen as well. Basically a completely "stock" cooked ROM and Kitchen with working GPS. I succeeded, see post 8 for details.

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 12-01-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:14 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Official LEAKED Verizon ROM OS only(!) for download. Kitchen coming soon!

For anyone interested. I have created a working kitchen of the VZW leaked ROM. I am testing it now but so far its great. I will update this thread as I test more and will make it available when I deem its safe.

For those inclined to wonder that should be with in the next day or so. I just really need to figure out how the GPS operates so I can incorporate what I need to (if anything) for a full fledged clean kitchen with no mods other than GPS that works with all apps.

Stay tuned for more...

NOTE: I have a kitchen that I will upload that includes the GPS fix. Please see this thread to discuss: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47174

Last edited by scrosler; 12-01-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:28 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I added the Bell ROM and splash screens for download as well. If there are any other carriers we can break down send me a link to the official RUU download.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I added the Bell ROM and splash screens for download as well. If there are any other carriers we can break down send me a link to the official RUU download.
Great job! Glad to see you were able to validate the tools work. I am having alot of fun creating my "Steve" ROM from this too.

Steve
Old 11-30-2008, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I have a 99.99% working kitchen based off the VZW ROM. I stripped out the GPS crap that VZW puts in and put in the drivers from the Bell ROM. Worked PERFECT. Stock Verizon ROM Kitchen with STANDARD GPS Drivers!

I have just one problem that I can figure out. I cannot install anything after I flash. Everything that is cooked in works great but anything I try to install fails and gives a generic unsuccessful message. If I can figure out how to stop that I can post the kitchen and the ROM. Any ideas?

I also understand how to rip the radio so I will post one from both carriers as well if anyone ever needs them.

Last edited by scrosler; 11-30-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:12 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I have a link to other carriers here:

My Vogue Carrier Kitchen's & Rom's - Diamond /&\ Manila2d Flavors

Old 11-30-2008, 01:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Duh, how could i Have not thought of just downloading them from the Support page.

Thanks!

I have a nice collection of OS's and Radios now. Will post them to my site for anyone looking.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Did it!

I did it! I created a ROM that is 100$ stock VZW mith standard GPS drivers. Its identical to the OEM accept the replacement of the OEM GPS drivers. I took the drivers from the Bell ROM and it works great! Now.... Onto a custom ROM.

Anyone interested in the Stock VZW ROM without the GPS limitations? If so reply to the thread and I will post it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Re: Did it!

Quote:
I did it! I created a ROM that is 100$ stock VZW mith standard GPS drivers. Its identical to the OEM accept the replacement of the OEM GPS drivers. I took the drivers from the Bell ROM and it works great! Now.... Onto a custom ROM.

Anyone interested in the Stock VZW ROM without the GPS limitations? If so reply to the thread and I will post it.
Would love it as you will save me considerable time with my "Steve" ROM.

Thanks for the hard work!

Steve
Old 11-30-2008, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: Did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Would love it as you will save me considerable time with my "Steve" ROM.

Thanks for the hard work!

Steve
No problem. I am doing some more testing. I want to see if I can get VZNavigator to work. I doubt it because the radio is not encrypted but I am trying something... Well see. Either way I will get everything prettied up and start uploading. Just want to test a couple minor mods like autorun. I will ad a UC AutoRUN app to is. This will be the ultimate Stock Cooked ROM.

Thanks for the interest.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development