PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 12:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

dang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official LEAKED Verizon ROM OS only(!) for download. Kitchen coming soon!

Just to be clear, "HACKED_LEAKED_RUU" is a stock leaked ROM w/non crippled GPS? Do you still say "don't let customizations run"?
Old 12-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
For anyone interested. I have created a working kitchen of the VZW leaked ROM. I am testing it now but so far its great. I will update this thread as I test more and will make it available when I deem its safe.

For those inclined to wonder that should be with in the next day or so. I just really need to figure out how the GPS operates so I can incorporate what I need to (if anything) for a full fledged clean kitchen with no mods other than GPS that works with all apps.

Stay tuned for more...
What I am interested is in this Verizon ROM with a kitchen to put in my own stuff. While I love the PPCG kitchen it appears they are more focussed on the newer devices as the last few releases have become more and more buggy for my Vogue (with the same OEMs)*** and I could care less about Manilla on my smaller Vogue screen. So I just want a stable/fast ROM with a few apps put in so I look forward to trying your kitchen. I am hoping with this release designed for my 6900 I'll see a improvement over my current ROMs.

Thanks for all the hard work.

***Again this isn't to put down the PPCG kitchen as I would never have gotten off stock or other people's ROMs without it, I'm just at a point (with less free time for flashing) where I want stability over latest and greatest.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: verizon wireless

filthy1 is a n00b

anyone with screen shots to what this looks like??
Old 12-01-2008, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dang View Post
Just to be clear, "HACKED_LEAKED_RUU" is a stock leaked ROM w/non crippled GPS? Do you still say "don't let customizations run"?
Yes, let the customizations run. Lets move this over to that thread. I have a seperate thread for the hacked copy.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
VZ nav requires the VZw LBS driver from the stock rom as well as the security certificates. I played arround with it on the titan it appears its either stock gps other carrler dll's or the vzw proprietary one for vzw nav not both. VZ nav will not even open without having the lbs driver and root certifcates in the rom. After that it requires an active subscription which you can't add at this point for the 6900 as its not officially released.
Yes, I know. Like I said, it was an experiment. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

This thread is too confusing and going in two differnt directions.
All questions about the leaked ROM OS ONLY that I posted shoudl be handled in this thread.

All questions pertaining to the Leaked ROM with the GPS fix please move to:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47174

Thank you all for helping me keep this thread clean.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900, HTC Tilt. HTC 3G, Sprint HTC TP2
Carrier: AT&T

leslie50 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
This is a titan ROM and does not work.
Had a root canal this a.m. so missed out the early stuff. Were you able to find a rom and are you still working on Rom we can flash? Thanks. I have a friend sthat has just bought a used xv6900 that has not been flashed will the new Rom work for him with Garmin. Please don't let me miss the release! leslie

duh uh I just saw this last page.....so we should be following your new thread.........

Last edited by leslie50; 12-01-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie50 View Post
Had a root canal this a.m. so missed out the early stuff. Were you able to find a rom and are you still working on Rom we can flash? Thanks. I have a friend sthat has just bought a used xv6900 that has not been flashed will the new Rom work for him with Garmin. Please don't let me miss the release! leslie

duh uh I just saw this last page.....so we should be following your new thread.........
Its OK but thanks a lot for moving this. I am going to address the GPS lock down issue in the Officially leaked thread so more people will see it.

Lets just close this thread please its too far diverted and thats why people cannot keep up with proper info. I dont want anyone getting confused on my ROM and fix.

Thank you all, consider this my introduction to the board.

Hello PPC Geeks, here I come! I got some toys to bring with and a lot of knowledge ported over form the Titan ;c)

See you on the other threads!

This is CLOSED!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD FOR SANITY SAKE!

Thanks a bunch!

-Scott
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development