PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 10:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official LEAKED Verizon ROM OS only(!) for download. Kitchen coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie50 View Post
So how is this any different than any other fix? Say shadowtechs or others, I am not being critical I am just wondering. It is still a complicated process in some respects. I think your early posts made it out to look like a simple rom flash. A one shot deal. sorry. lelsie
Its not a fix, its a ROM with the correct drivers. This would be the equivalent of any other custom ROM and the same pre requesits apply, but is the stock VZW OS but without the stupid GPS restrictions. If that doesnt clear it up I will explain better in my next post. I agree that I muddied the facts by posting about two differnt ROMS in one thread. Sorry ;c(

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 11-30-2008, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Humpa is keeping up the good workHumpa is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Humpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Its not a fix, its a ROM with the correct drivers. This would be the equivalent of any other custom ROM and the same pre requesits apply, but is the stock VZW OS but without the stupid GPS restrictions. If that doesnt clear it up I will explain better in my next post. I agree that I muddied the facts by posting about two differnt ROMS in one thread. Sorry ;c(
I have already flashed to the official leaked VZW 6.1 ROM. So just using your ROM, once it is done, will not work for me?
Sorry, I never followed any of the custom ROM threads much, so I'm not sure what all is entailed in that process as opposed to using the VZW 6.1 ROM.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900, HTC Tilt. HTC 3G, Sprint HTC TP2
Carrier: AT&T

leslie50 is just getting started

Quote:
Thanks for reply. If you could just post simple steps we can follow numerically for us numbskulls then I would be willing to give it a go. Just to be sure, this will give me Tom Tom gps capabilities correct? thanks leslie
Old 11-30-2008, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

drewden123 is just getting started

Quote:
Thanks for reply. If you could just post simple steps we can follow numerically for us numbskulls then I would be willing to give it a go. Just to be sure, this will give me Tom Tom gps capabilities correct? thanks leslie
Yes, a kind of step by step thing, starting from an "out of the box" 6900 would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find a crystal clear tutorial on gps enable/flashing the 6900.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Ok, I will write up a short tutorial when I post this.... Give me about an hour to upload the ROM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:07 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

If you have already applied the stock VZW ROM and let it "customize" your GPS then this ROM will not do anything for you!!! This is for those VZW users that dont want to deal with the GPS restrictions in the first place and have an unlocked phone already, both GPS and BootLoader.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

drewden123 is just getting started

Thanks a lot!
Old 11-30-2008, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpa View Post
I have already flashed to the official leaked VZW 6.1 ROM. So just using your ROM, once it is done, will not work for me?
Sorry, I never followed any of the custom ROM threads much, so I'm not sure what all is entailed in that process as opposed to using the VZW 6.1 ROM.
I had already flashed mine too! Now we are all waiting to pounce on this new rom! Some of this confuses me because I think in terms of flashing the leaked rom. However I think what scrosler is telling us is that this is a 'custom' rom. It has WM6.1 and new drivers for GPS but can't be flashed as the original leaked rom. So it looks like we will have to do the pre requisites. I am waiting in hopes for a step by step coming soon.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
If you have already applied the stock VZW ROM and let it "customize" your GPS then this ROM will not do anything for you!!! This is for those VZW users that dont want to deal with the GPS restrictions in the first place and have an unlocked phone already, both GPS and BootLoader.
Oh No! our hopes are dashed then? I also had flashed the leaked rom. Now we can't go over that with your rom? please tell me it ain't so. leslie
Old 11-30-2008, 11:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Oh No! our hopes are dashed then? I also had flashed the leaked rom. Now we can't go over that with your rom? please tell me it ain't so. leslie
Did you let it customize your GPS? IN other words do did you let customizations RUN ??? If you let customizations run then you need to revert your SPL, OS, and Radio. Its a pain in the *** and I have done it a million times on my titan for educational purposes.

I can try hosing my Vogue and try fixing it.... BUt that wont be till later tonight...

Either way, if you let VZW customizations RUN then you are screwed... (for now).... I think I have a fix to revert you as well but have not tried it yet. I am too chicken I will hose the device. Hehehehe... ROM is uploading now.

If you never let customizations RUN then you can use this ROM and be very happy.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development