PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Humpa is keeping up the good workHumpa is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Humpa
Re: Did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
No problem. I am doing some more testing. I want to see if I can get VZNavigator to work. I doubt it because the radio is not encrypted but I am trying something... Well see. Either way I will get everything prettied up and start uploading. Just want to test a couple minor mods like autorun. I will ad a UC AutoRUN app to is. This will be the ultimate Stock Cooked ROM.

Thanks for the interest.
Just so you know, I'm interested as well.

I'd really like to get my TomTom 6 app working on my Touch!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900, HTC Tilt. HTC 3G, Sprint HTC TP2
Carrier: AT&T

leslie50 is just getting started
Re: Did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I did it! I created a ROM that is 100$ stock VZW mith standard GPS drivers. Its identical to the OEM accept the replacement of the OEM GPS drivers. I took the drivers from the Bell ROM and it works great! Now.... Onto a custom ROM.

Anyone interested in the Stock VZW ROM without the GPS limitations? If so reply to the thread and I will post it.

I am definitely interested in your rom and have been waiting for the day the VZW + GPS 3rd party capabilities could just be a workable downloadable ROM all in one wack! This would be great. THANK you and Steve and all others that have kept at it so us non tech types could use our phone the way it should be used. Congrats ahead of time. leslie

Last edited by leslie50; 11-30-2008 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-30-2008, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

drewden123 is just getting started
Re: Official LEAKED Verizon ROM OS only(!) for download. Kitchen coming soon!

I'm sorry for the noob question, but is the file "official os only.rar" the rom mentioned in post #8, which will upgrade my radio and my rom? also do i need to download the other files?
Old 11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewden123 View Post
I'm sorry for the noob question, but is the file "official os only.rar" the rom mentioned in post #8, which will upgrade my radio and my rom? also do i need to download the other files?
No, the official ROM is just that the official ROM. I have not posted the hacked official ROM yet.....

Just so you know you need to be unlocked and have GPS working already. This ROM is for those that just dont want to mess around with the VZW GPS lock down but want the update.

I hope I didint miss lead anyone.

I made two changes over the original ROM....
1. Add UC Autorun,
2. Removed GPS obfuscation buy replacing the files from the Bell ROM. THis should be considered like any other custom ROM except its a stock VZW ;c) Does that make sense and is that what everyone is looking for?

You will not be able to use VZNav because this ROM has obfuscation stripped out so third party apps would work just fine. And they do ;p Great even ;c)

Hope I didn't give anyone the the wrong idea. Is this what you all want? Imtesting UC autoRUN now and I will post it if that works as it shoudl... Which I dont see why it would not. Will update in 2 minutes...

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewden123 View Post
I think scrosler is still working on the rom and will post it when finished. At least that is what I understand and am hoping for. That is; to be able to download, then flash the (scrosler's) rom to my xv6900 thus having WM 6.1 and full GPS capabilities. Then Yipeee leslie
Old 11-30-2008, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

yes I am confused. leslie
Old 11-30-2008, 10:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie50 View Post
yes I am confused. leslie
My ROM is the official ROM with NO GPS lock down and I added UC Autorun. You need to be currently unlocked and have the aGPS fix applied. It will not flash your radio or boot screens. Its just the official ROM without the GPS restrictions.

I have not posted this yet. I do have the standard leaked ROM up right now. Not the one I am discussing here. I need to move this to a new thread.
When I get it posted I will create the thread and clarify everything there?

Does that clear it up?

Last edited by scrosler; 11-30-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I thought it was a modified leaked rom we could flash. What do you mean by it has to be unlocked and GPS working? I thought that was the point of it all to get the GPS working. Sorry to be so dumb but I am about forumed out. leslie
Old 11-30-2008, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

drewden123 is just getting started

All right. So, just trying to clear some things up. I'm receiving an xv6900 (verizon) on tuesday. I'm really familiar with all the 6800 flashing, unlocking, etc. I know that when I had to relock and stock flash my 6800, the stock verizon on the 6800 came with the stock radio. So since this is a leaked verizon rom, am i just required to unlock my stock 6900, apply the agps fix, and then flash the hacked one you release and I will be set to go? or must i find the separate radio (like 3.42)? Once again sorry for the confusion
Old 11-30-2008, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

So how is this any different than any other fix? Say shadowtechs or others, I am not being critical I am just wondering. It is still a complicated process in some respects. I think your early posts made it out to look like a simple rom flash. A one shot deal. sorry. lelsie
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development