PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 01:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

eme82 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue WM6.1 build 20924 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Are you using QuickMenu or any other type of shell or UI enhancement?

I think I understand the behavior that you are describing. In my case, if I click directly on top of the windows icon (far upper left), then I don't see the flash, but if I click on the word Start, then I get the flash.

I use QuickMenu and I have always observed this behavior ... I believe it is triggered based on where you click, rather than on a build issue.

Please reply with your experience after trying this and let me know if you notice a difference.

Best regards,
-boggsie

I am using Jade EnlargeStartmenu. I have had the same white flicker with the Opal Enlarge Startmenu as well. For me, it doesn't matter where I click, I get the white flicker. The other kitchen I have used that does not have this issue is Vet's but this one is cleaner in its current state. Is there maybe some type of video driver that would cause this?
Old 11-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Lurker

gilee is a n00b
Screen turns on at a periodic time...??

Sup guys,
I been using kitchen since the day I got my Sprint touch 6 months ago.
I been having a problem since the last 3 kitchen or so, and that is my screen is periodically turns on. The most funny thing is, my brother has Verizon Touch and my girlfriend and I have Sprint Touch and my dad has sprint Mogul.
And we all used the kitchen to flash our phones. And only my dad, my g/f and my phone will turn on at the SAMETIME (except my brother's phone which is using verizon) and seems like it is in an interval like checking with towers for signal or call or something. This is because at one time, me and my dad stares at the phone together (both phone Mogul and Vogue using the latest kitchen) and about every minute or so, they both turns on (the screen) ... this problem drains the battery like CRAZY!
I uses S2U2 so the screen turns on with the phone locked so that is not as bad as calling everyone accidentally, but do any of you have this problem? seems like only applies to Sprint since my brother's Vogue has no problem.
Any ideas guys? This is been a problem to me for like 2-3 months now, just been ignoring it until now.
Thanks.

Last edited by gilee; 11-12-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If you used updater to download the kitchen files, and are having issues, get the latest ppck_oem pack. Updater was serving up last months installement.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch Pro

bigdaddie is becoming a great contributor

I get a PPCkitchen_OEM.rar cannot copy file error at the end of my build. Any ideas? I've tried manually installing the files and reinstalling also with no help.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
I get a PPCkitchen_OEM.rar cannot copy file error at the end of my build. Any ideas? I've tried manually installing the files and reinstalling also with no help.
You have two oems that are conflicting.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

This build has got to be the worse so far.....many minor issues I have seen so far

No offense intended GG, I think it's just this build is not fully compatible with the Vogue

- The last SYS that was compatible was SYS 20273
Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
This build has got to be the worse so far.....many minor issues I have seen so far

No offense intended GG, I think it's just this build is not fully compatible with the Vogue

- The last SYS that was compatible was SYS 20273
None taken. What kind of problems are you having?
Old 11-12-2008, 09:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
None taken. What kind of problems are you having?
Well I'm not using the SYS anymore, but I'll list from what I remember off the top of my head

- Texting Messaging issue (It's still there)
- Caused my phone to constantly lock up
- Smart Dialing wasn't working with this build (Has been issues previously)
- A few, and I mean a few like 2 or 3, of my OEMs were not compatible with this Build (Did not work, and I remember only one which was Voice Command....it may have been me though)

If I remember more I will update, but that is it for now....I do remember all of these but Texting working in 755
Old 11-12-2008, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rsfeller is a n00b

been over a year since anyone commented on here? Just retired my brick (6700) and now have a 6900. very concerned about this flash to 6.1 due to lack of comments!

also when I did a hard reset (factory install options) i lose all my activation and had to take it to the store. they couldn't get the A key to take! gave me another phone.

Is it a fact that after burning 6.1 othes have lost their ability to connect to verizons network and must call support for a new A key? never had this issue with the 6700 but am reading poor information on the 6900.

shawn
Old 11-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

equ1n0x is a n00b

anyone on sprint having data issues with this build? data wont work on pie or any other application for me. never had this issue before. tried to put my username/password in and it did nothing. went back to 73 and it works fine. sprint is selected for carrier too, not sure why its not working. any insight?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development