PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 05:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

DrRoger is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon - Official WM 6.1 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlucky7 View Post
Ok... So I got a new 6900 (other one had issues) and it came pre-flashed with the official Verizon MR1 update. So I put the correct settings ("location on," etc), installed Google Maps, and then installed the Vahalla cab. Problem is that it is not working........
Any help would be awesome...
Identical problem with me. Got a replacement xv6900 with 6.1 and Valhalla does not work on it. In fact now I can't even uninstall Valhalla. I hate to hard reset the phone and install everything again...that would be a pain. I think I'm just going to cancel data until VZ opens up the GPS to Google maps; right now data is not much use for me without the GPS function. VZ Nav at $10 a month isn't worth it for me as I don't travel that much.....
Roger
p.s. anyone know how to find the files and remove Valhalla GPS???
Old 06-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Lurker

tcknapp is a n00b

hello I just recieve my xv6900 in the mail today, already rev a and already wm6.1 i've tried all these tricks to get the GPS working but google maps will not aquire any sats. I enabled gps through system settings, i've installed the gpsserver, both manually first time, and with the cab the seccond time. soft reset, nothing. tried gpstest.exe, never found anything. can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong here?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (XV6900)

Link9228 is keeping up the good workLink9228 is keeping up the good work

I think with the verizon stock ROM, gps is locked to only work on VZNavigator. You will need to flash to most recent Bell Radio (I forget the exact version, but it ends in .50)
Old 06-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Lurker

tcknapp is a n00b

thanks I will give it a try and see what happens. cheers
Old 06-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Lurker

tcknapp is a n00b

well I downloaded a number of so called fixes, I'm not sure which one actually worked, but I am now atleast able to get some satalite chatter when I open HTC GPS Tool. It still won't fix on a location but I believe thats due to the weather and number of trees in my current location. I didn't update the radio, I downloaded dcd quick gps.cab, nadavi htc gps tool.cab, serf telus aGPS for valhalla.cab, and changed a few of the reg. settings and finally was able to get something to atleast make an attempt at working. atleast I know the reciever is funcioning now. funny thing is when I tried to do it the seccond time I could get nothing. until I went into google maps, attempted (and failed) to locate satalites, then went back into htc gps tool and reopened the gps and it once again started picking up between 1 - 11 satalites, still no fix however. I will try again tomorrow when it's not raining and and post my results at which point. wish me luck!

Last edited by tcknapp; 06-08-2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Thinking of buying an xv6900

montequi is a n00b

I was able to get GPS working with the stock Verizon ROM. Just install VZ Navigator and run it (it failed to initialize GPS, but that's ok). Then install Valhalla. Now my GPS works with Garmin XT and without a data plan/aGPS. I struggled with it for a while until I figured out the stupid silicone cover I bought was blocking the GPS signal!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development